• March 2012

Spudly

PNG Region

North East

Car

2.0 16v Antibes

Engine & Transmission

• 1993 C20XE engine and box removed from my old Cavalier SRi, Roose Motorsport coolant hose set in black, and SFI lettering and spark plug cover body coloured to bling it up a little, and to stop anyone calling it a 'redtop' cant be one of them if its blue can it ;-)

Suspension & Chassis

• Custom -70mm rear springs with temporary Gmax dampers, FK blue coilovers on the front end, and a set of polybushes, and a full HH plating kit was fitted, along with the bay and whole front end being stitch welded and resprayed in the correct factory colour of regatta blue by previous owner, Andy.

Wheels & Brakes

• 16" Speedline Alessio II's wrapped in Kumho tyres, cavalier V6 brakes on the front end and factory drums at the rear.

Exterior & Bodywork

• Exterior nigh on standard, boot badges soon to be replaced with new old stock to badge it up as a 2.0 i 16v, along with the vauxhall and nova, bumper pin stripe added in white to match the repainted griffin on the front.

Interior

• Seats upgraded to the recaro type as found in a mk2 SR/SRi but in blue/grey to keep to the factory colour scheme in the Antibes, factory blue carpet, aftermarket momo steering wheel

Entertainment

• A sony headunit is fitted, but doesnt get used as the entertainment is found through the pedal nearest the drivers door!

Additional Info

History of the Car

Originally owned on the forum by Lozzie C, this was then owned by Andy, who fitted the car with an XE and did all the required welding and strengthening required, along with registering it as being a 2.0 aswell.

Thanks & Shouts

To Andy, and Rich, without either of you i wouldnt be halfway into it, nevermind finished and on the road, Rob for the help with the initial swap of the engine, and all the banter and abuse from everyone on the forum lol

WIP thread