PDA

View Full Version : brake help

white2lSR
17-06-08, 06:33 PM
when we welded the bay on the nova i unbolted the brake servo to ger to the seems . i unbolted it with the 2 nuts and just pulled it off its mount (the resevoir), i didnt disconect and beake lines.
when i bolted it back on the pedal goes to the floor and im not sure why. can anyone help?:confused:

white2lSR
17-06-08, 08:31 PM
anyone???

John
17-06-08, 08:33 PM
You've got the clevis pin in? did you disconnect the master from the servo?

white2lSR
17-06-08, 08:37 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r57/rubberrambo/nova060508011.jpg

if you look at the pic i disconected the silver part with the resevoir on. two bolts secure it to the round black part.

not very clued in on brakes on cars. air brakes is more my thinglol

John
17-06-08, 08:41 PM
Have you checked to see if the piston has engaged in the m/c correctly? I'vee seen one before wedged on the edge. Have you treid bleeding the brakes to see if there's any air gotten into the system?

white2lSR
17-06-08, 08:43 PM
not bled them yet. the pedal has nothing what so ever. you can push it to the floor with your little finger which makes me think something isnt connected.

John
17-06-08, 08:44 PM
I'd whip the m/c off again and see what's what. Check inside the car whilst someone presses the pedal for you, see whats happening.

white2lSR
17-06-08, 08:51 PM
ok ill do that. i want to get it sorted before the engine goes in as i can imagine there isnt much room to work on it once its in

dhdev (Oli)
18-06-08, 01:16 PM
Not sure about the Nova servo/M-cyl setup, but there is quite often a pushrod or 'bullet' that actuates the M-cyl piston, this may have fallen out when the M-cyl was seperated from the servo.

Dod
18-06-08, 01:20 PM
I dont think thats the case, your Master Cylander has a piston in the back that fits into the servo. Check to make sure its been pulled out before reinserting it. Also, check the fluid level and for leaks, its not difficult to nip the lines when moving it around.

craig green
18-06-08, 01:36 PM
Not sure about the Nova servo/M-cyl setup, but there is quite often a pushrod or 'bullet' that actuates the M-cyl piston, this may have fallen out when the M-cyl was seperated from the servo.

Likely cause I reckon. Going by what you've told us, there shouldnt be anything wrong tbh.