PDA

View Full Version : Alarm + central locking

Jack
16-06-08, 10:19 PM
Having problems trying to get my alarm to work with my central locking :mad:

Central locking has two motors: passenger side has two wires (up, down), drivers side has three (up, down, earth), and there's a control box which has power, earth, and the connections to the motors. It can be activated from both passenger and drivers side.

The alarm has 6 wires for the central locking output, which can be used as below:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/16062008475.jpg

Its either going to be diagram A or C, but I can't get it to work properly. If I do it as diagram A, I don't know where to put the "main line" connections (pink & orange), as the drivers motor only has up, down, earth. If I remove the control box and connect as diagram C to each motor, the passenger side works but the drivers side doesn't...

Any suggestions? :confused:

Spudly
16-06-08, 10:32 PM
You need two passenger motors as if its a std nova set up the drivers one is just a switch not a motor but if its not i still think they work in the same way so you need two matching motors i.e. two, two wire motors or two, three wire motors if that makes any sense?

Jack
16-06-08, 10:34 PM
Yeah, that makes sense - would explain why the passenger side would lock and the drivers side didn't. I thought the drivers one would have been ok though as you can lock from the passenger side (I think...!).

AlexW
16-06-08, 10:40 PM
Yes as above, i changed my drivers central locking motor for one that isnt just a switch, all works fine now.

Rexy
16-06-08, 10:44 PM
Jack, i had this problem a little while ago. Ditch the Drivers side Nova GM motor and replce it with the Actuator from the alarm setup... it will fit Have faith.

Wire up this as you would for the drivers central locking motor, you will be left with two wires. iirc a green and blue? which if you look at reference C whala Problem solved.

chimp007_uk
16-06-08, 11:13 PM
you need a 5 wire solenoid on the drivers door, so that it'll open the passenger door if the key is used. if you have 2 2wire solenoids, you wont be able to open the passnger door by using the key int eh driver's door. i got Stubbs to fit remote central locking to mine incorporating the existing nova central locking. He gave me the low down lol

Jack
17-06-08, 08:53 AM
Its an aftermarket central locking kit, seperate to the alarm, and no GM central locking on the car. I've ordered another 2-wire motor from ebay, cheap cheap - don't care about using the key to open the doors as the alarm will take care of that for me lol

chimp007_uk
17-06-08, 09:50 AM
then you should be fine with a 2wire solenoid :)