PDA

View Full Version : sprint regs and rules?

stevei
16-06-08, 09:41 PM
anybody know the regulations for sprint events? I'm wanting to compete when my nova's finished. just need to know what the car has to have...etc. A list of tracks would be cool.

ste

R1CH
16-06-08, 09:50 PM
All it needs really is a timing strut on the front, tow eyes marked, engine cut off (ignition barrel) marked, battery neg lead wrapped in yellow tape and a 1.5L extinguisher.
Thats about it really to enter in a 'road car' class.
What engine is fitted ? roll cage / buckets / stipped out ect ... ?

dhdev (Oli)
16-06-08, 09:52 PM
1.5L extinguisher.

That's the first time I've heard that you need an extinguisher, I got told by a scrutineer not to bother, as that's what the marshal's are for :thumb:

You'll also need a National B licence, an approved race suit and helmet at minimum.

This should answer a few Q's http://www.gosprinting.co.uk/beginners.html

R1CH
16-06-08, 09:58 PM
Think it depends on the scrutineer, the guy who told me what i needed / didn't need said i had to have a minumum 1.5 extinguisher fitted, also said i had to get a MSA logbook for it as it had a non standard engine.
Its a good laugh like, but a bit to expensive for me, £70 for each event plus petrol ect ...
Worth having a bash at it tho.

stevei
16-06-08, 10:17 PM
£70 not bad, cheeper than a lot of track days, plus theres a bit more meaning to it. are any exterior cut off's required.

my cars a 1600, cage stipped out...etc

gonna get some white number squares on the doors, do they have to be a certain size? i'm thinking not as some cars in ollys pics don't even have a white back ground.

cheers for the link, i'll check that out

ste

R1CH
16-06-08, 10:31 PM
Nah external cut off not required.
Best bet is to go along to an event thats organised by the club you'll be joining, let the scrutineers have a look over it and see what they say.
When you get your licence you get a copy of the 'Blue Book' which is the MSA rulebook, has everything listed in there.
The white squares i had made up where 330mm (tall) x 480mm (width), thats whats listed in the blue book anyway, dont think its really policed tho, numbers are usually available on the day of the event, you'll probly be issued new numbers at each event.

stevei
16-06-08, 10:40 PM
thats spot on. hopefully the car should be okay, worth a trip down like you say. are the clubs region based?

ste

R1CH
16-06-08, 10:48 PM
Aye there usually seems to be a few clubs in each county, have a look on here ... http://www.anwcc.org/ , loads of clubs listed on there, as to which one to join ??

stevei
16-06-08, 11:24 PM
cheers pal

Mike
16-06-08, 11:26 PM
Join your local motor club :thumb: numerous amounts of knowlegable bods to help you along your way