PDA

View Full Version : omp group n/a exhaust

let_nova
16-06-08, 09:04 PM
what kind of sound do these give off with a xe ? thanks.

matt_vaughan
16-06-08, 09:05 PM
How many people would know?

Should think a "rather spiffing" one myself. :P

Sherco
16-06-08, 09:10 PM
Very raspy i would think. I have a 2 1/4" Ashley Exhaust with twin boxes which i reckon will be similar to the OMP.

The noise mine gives off is mad, nice burble on tick over, then a nice roar up until 3500rpm then it rasps n roars like a *******! And when you come down the gears or slow down it burbles and pops. Every now and then it will spit flames too which is a bonus lol

Depends what your after from an exhaust?

matt_vaughan
16-06-08, 09:34 PM
You've just made me want an Ashley now Sherco..... :P

Going to try modify my dads old Caterham repackable off his Seven, see how that sounds....Pikey Styleeee!!! lmfao

Mike
16-06-08, 11:23 PM
Go youtube Group A rally cars or something.

They wont be mega loud due to competition noise regs though.

Sherco
17-06-08, 08:46 AM
They wont be mega loud due to competition noise regs though.

Ashley don't make a exhaust system for the Astra C20XE due to them not been able to pass the noise regs. lol

When i rang Ashley to ask about a system for my Nova C20XE they advised on putting a third silencer in due to the rasp of the XE. To be honest tho i never fitted another silencer but then again i don't need to meet any noise regulations (I don't think lol)

Mike
17-06-08, 10:26 AM
MOT noise dB is 89 IIRC

peester
17-06-08, 10:46 AM
i think raspy as too.. theyre designed, dunno why, to have a shorter than normal life arent they??

djshaggeh
17-06-08, 10:51 AM
I have a eurorallye 'group n' system I bought off ebay a year or so ago. Its for an 8v but I've modified it to fit the standard xe manifold. Its in really good nick considering its been sat outside for a while. I'm not sure what the end result will sound like - currently its on there but is blowing. It needs heating up and reshaping.

a2lt16v
17-06-08, 04:36 PM
i have just bought a ashley group n manifold and twin box system 2"1/4

i have a slight worry that it might be loud

chimp007_uk
17-06-08, 04:41 PM
It'll be awesome... best thing i ever bought for my GTE road rally car was a grp A manifold and 2 box exhaust. Really unsporty looking for the the back, but definately free'd up the engine, would rev so nicely. And as said had a nice rasp to it :) giving it sh!t through the lanes in Wales, it would pop and spit flames when it was really hot.

oh yeh... gigerty gigerty lol

a2lt16v
17-06-08, 05:08 PM
someone on mig web told me to wrap the manifold and system in exhasut wrap and it would really spit some big flames

chimp007_uk
17-06-08, 05:16 PM
i'd wrap the manifold to reduce under bonnet temps, but not the exhaust, you're more likely to crack it.

a2lt16v
17-06-08, 05:20 PM
thats what i thought it would be burning hot inside

anyone know a good place to get exhaust wrap with out paying demon tweeks prices

chimp007_uk
17-06-08, 05:26 PM
Fleebay :) but you pay for what you get... My bro bought some cheap stuff and it was crap!

Mike
17-06-08, 05:27 PM
someone on mig web told me to wrap the manifold and system in exhasut wrap and it would really spit some big flames

lol its hard to get injection to do that!

Carb's on another hand.........

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/th_Flamer.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/?action=view&current=Flamer.flv)