PDA

View Full Version : suspension kits

jatinder
18-09-02, 08:05 PM
Hi i have got some cash saved up and was looking to buy a suspension kit, but i don't know what kit or ride height to go for, the cars an sri k reg. i also don't mind it being a harsh ride also ive seen my mates clio either rear wheels lift up while going roung a corner what sort of suspension kit whould make my car do this i was thinking of buying a koni kit or spax help please!

p.s ive got standard vaux wheels so ride hiehgt isnt a problem

CP
18-09-02, 08:42 PM
The best from the handling point of view are competition Bilsteins available from places such as Harry Hockley and some others.

Don't know about Koni etc but Avo are OK. However I would recommend something like the G-max uprated and lowered kits. They are good value for money and you can get different drops. Generally most people don't go much below -60mm. Personally I would go for around -45 mm esp if you are planning to run 16" or above wheels and if you don't want the constant arse ache of wheel scrubbage and ripping stuff off on speed humps etc.

FYI although most don't bother to do anything about it, lowering will affect the geometry of the wheels, which results in the inner edges being worn away very quickly esp. if you have larger/wider than std wheelsas well