PDA

View Full Version : Heater Matrix Pipe

NOVA_MK
16-06-08, 10:17 AM
Hello All

i have the 2litre redtop in my nova, (as some of you know), and i have the problem with the heater matrix left side pipe, as this sits right infront of the inletmanifold, i have had the silicone hose snap, so now i have got a elbo joint made up from SFS which has helped it a bit as it now comes out the pipe at the right angle but is still touching the inletmanifold, so not long until this goes pop again! i imagine, is there any other way of stopping this problem without having to cut the pipe down from inside the car? can you buy a conversion pipe for this or anything? also does anyone know what size the rad return pipe size is? as need to order some new hoses but car is 50miles away lol grr!

Marc

craig green
16-06-08, 11:46 AM
Some people remove the matrix & shorten the pipe. This is the only real way to rectify the issue other than changing the inlet....

The rad return pipe is just 10mm (IIRC) fuel hose or similar.. Easy to sort out anywhere really.

NOVA_MK
16-06-08, 12:14 PM
Hello Dude

yeah it has been shorten'd but not enough! it is always the way tho hey!, its just that i have got a water temp reader with the sender unit, which comes in 3 diff sizes, can get them in 30mm , 28mm or 26mm and i was wondering which rad pipe on the car would fit, as i am pretty sure there is a 30mm rad pipe on the car?

craig green
16-06-08, 12:45 PM
I think we have crossed wires re the rad pipe.....

NOVA_MK
16-06-08, 04:01 PM
I think we have crossed wires re the rad pipe.....

yeah pipe that goes into the radiator from block......

craig green
16-06-08, 04:45 PM
Stat housing (drivers side) or from the plastic water pipe, from back of the block (pass side)?

Both are shaped though & best to use the right part IMO.

NOVA_MK
16-06-08, 11:16 PM
nah it is pass side, goes straight into the block, big fat pipe! looks about 50mm?