PDA

View Full Version : vosa strikes agian!!

big gra
16-06-08, 12:57 AM
thsi was taken from my local village website!!

Police in Leyland ran an operation last week to target unroadworthy vehicles and those vehicles causing a nuisance in the area.
Working with partners, VOSA (the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) and Tesco’s, police targeted anti-social behaviour and car nuisance within Leyland’s hotspots. A check site was set on Tesco’s car park and police directed vehicles to the site to be checked by VOSA who looked for illegal enhancements that owners had made to vehicles.
The results were as follows:-

Sixteen vehicles were brought to the VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) check site at Tesco’s car park. Seven vehicles were immediately taken off the road for their defects ranging from bald tyres to defective lights and loose exhausts.
Six vehicles were issued delayed notices for unroadworthiness, giving the owner 10 days to rectify the faults or take them off the road, these included window tints that were too dark.
One vehicle was seized for the owner driving without insurance.
Eight vehicles were given tickets to rectify minor faults on their vehicles by officers away from the VOSA check site.
One vehicle was issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice for having no MOT on the vehicle.
PC Paul Whittaker, Community Beat Manager for Leyland Town Centre, commented “ The operation was a success and I would like to thank VOSA and Tesco’s for taking part. This kind of ongoing nuisance causes numerous complaints from residents – one of who joined us on the night to observe what we did. I am hoping that the action taken last week will act as a warning and deterrent to these individuals and others that drive unroadworthy vehicles. Further operations targeting this nuisance will be run in the near future.”

Rexy
16-06-08, 01:04 AM
Just make sure your car is upto scratch with nothing illegal etc and you have no worries.

After all we are car enthuiasts and constantly strive for the best from our cars and make sure they are well looked after. I know i do but thats me and my car.

I tend to not venture out late at nights either, as well im old enough to know better pmsl and i had my fun of cruising and cruises many years ago.

Just make sure there is nothing dodgy about your car, jobs a good un'

Welsh Dan
16-06-08, 01:35 AM
Personally, I welcome this action, however I wish they targetted 'unmodified' vehicles aswell.

Rick Draper
16-06-08, 02:56 AM
One big gripe i have now is are my new tyres suitable for the road surface? After all tread depth apparently causes crash's but the shocking road surface does not!

burgo
16-06-08, 03:24 AM
fair play to them, get the chav ****ters off the road

raymond
16-06-08, 07:05 AM
oh my word they are out in force now arnt they

luckily for all them they didnt have there test voided like i did which resulted in not being able to go to pv

bet he knew thats why he did it to me lol

L33 LEG
16-06-08, 07:45 AM
i dont agree with this at all. all they do is target the 'boyracers', which enthusiasts like ourselves come under aswell. if the car has bald tyres, uninsured engines and things like that then its ok to impound them, but things like loose exhaust, not tight enough handbrakes and silly things like that should just be given a warning. all cars have to pass mots so we'l fix things like that out then, i wouldnt be happy if some vosa guy picked me up on things like that and classed my car as unroadworthy.

Jack
16-06-08, 08:41 AM
The MOT is a farce though; if you pass the test, then your exhaust falls off outside the test centre, you're still "legal" (in terms of tested) for a year.

Yes, they target modified cars, but its dodgy modifications which they're looking for. For each one of us that looks after their car, there's probably 100 chavs that will spend £100 on a new spoilarr instead of replacing their bald tyres. Racing slicks, y0!

A standard ford mondeo driven by captain dull who completes every service interval is less likely to have things wrong with it than the ratty saxo with 12 exhausts and neonz. The only problem is they tend to go out LOOKING for problems on our cars, hence examples such as Raymond getting his MOT revoked for a crap handbrake (which is probably a perfectly normal Nova handbrake).

raymond
16-06-08, 08:51 AM
Raymond getting his MOT revoked for a crap handbrake (which is probably a perfectly normal Nova handbrake).

lol @rj comment

what if you bought a car with 12 months mot and they found some terrible faults that you though was ok you would be screwed really

i think the main objective of it all really is to crack down on illegal engines

ie 1.6 in your 1.2 etc etc that aint declared cause when i got stopped the 1st thing he said to me was im checking to see your redtop and i laughed and as it didnt have one in he penalised me on something else

Jack
16-06-08, 08:58 AM
what if you bought a car with 12 months mot and they found some terrible faults that you though was ok you would be screwed really
Its up to the owner to keep the own car maintained though. Ok so there's some things that you can't test without being a qualified tester or having the equipment to do so, but the majority of things such as bald tyres and a dangly exhaust you should see there's something wrong and remedy it instead of saying "oh its got 12 months MOT, its ok for another year".

The police/VOSA are cynical, they know that telling (most) people the car's tyres need changing and he should go and do it asap won't work - if the owner hasn't noticed the tyres already, its clearly not at the top of their priority list, so the only way to force them to make the appropriate fixes is to impound the car or revoke the MOT.

mowgli
16-06-08, 11:14 AM
my sister in law bought a fiesta with 12 months mot, & it was such a sack of cack that she drove it to the local VOSA office & demanded they did something about it.... The garage who 'Issued' the MOT actually had to fix every single fault at their own cost or get their licence revoked. the fiesta was actually quite good for years after that...........

mowgli
16-06-08, 11:20 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:q4FcHA6Mdk-OXM:http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/police/dsc06773.jpg (http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/police/dsc06773.jpg)
is this the leyland the police were in?

craig green
16-06-08, 11:42 AM
About time someone started looking into the atrocities that are used on the roads. It will teach boyracers to not loiter on the towns roads too, maybe if they keep out of the way instead of hooning past McDonalds all night etc, they wont get caught.

It is a shame that enthusiasts could be victimised in the same way regular nuisances will be though.

mowgli
16-06-08, 12:00 PM
I actually think that a lot of problems with modified cars can be laid at the door of magazines. they publish crazy pictures of show cars & some young kid thinks 'I'm having that, or as close to that as I can afford'

People are now driving cars about with some truly scary things done to them. Round here, rover metros with all the hydro-fluid drained out of their suspensions so they are running on the bump stops are terrorising the streets. Old Bill don't want to know..

Maybe we should have a 'shop the shed' thread on here...

craig green
16-06-08, 12:02 PM

I cant see that helping in the slightest tbh.

Just the usual threads (with pics) laughing at the sheds will be fine. lol

raymond
16-06-08, 12:16 PM

Think ive already been cought lol

mowgli
16-06-08, 12:57 PM
Think ive already been cought lol
don't worry, you drive a 'work of art'

L33 LEG
16-06-08, 01:05 PM
do you think theyl be going around the northwest each week? was rochdale the other week, leyland this week. i really should warn everyone in my local town, but part of me will find it funny to see some of the cocks off the road. i also should get a few issues of my own sorted aswell beforehand :wtf:

Dougie_SRi
16-06-08, 01:56 PM
They're all over the place today, Lynz text me to say she's seen a load on the way home from mine.

meritlover
16-06-08, 03:30 PM
what is the problem? have you got issues with preventing cars with defects driving on the road?
why are you worried if your car is roadworthy and defect free?

big gra
16-06-08, 03:38 PM
chavs with body kits barely held on by a bit of fibreglass is the funniest!!

mikey14sr
16-06-08, 04:15 PM
this is one of the reasons I'm so annoyed about a pair of bushes on the vectra, mot station say they can't fail them because the arms arn't going to go anywhere, yet you can grab each rear wheel and adjust the toe by hand just by pulling on it, I bet VOSA would impound it for that.

raymond
16-06-08, 04:16 PM
what is the problem? have you got issues with preventing cars with defects driving on the road?
why are you worried if your car is roadworthy and defect free?

i dont think anyone has issues but tbh i thought my car was roadworthy and it wasnt

lol @ mowgli

General Baxter
16-06-08, 05:07 PM
is this classed as window tint ? lol
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/Picture029.jpg

what about tinted lights? lol
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/Picture028.jpg

mowgli
16-06-08, 07:22 PM
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/mowglinova/th_pic1.jpg

I know its wrong, but it is funny