PDA

View Full Version : twin 40 running problems

russlea
15-06-08, 06:40 PM
hi guys,
i know i need them setting up at a rr'd. but ive got a 1.4, the engine isnt standard and ive got twin webers on there. ive changed all of the jets to roughly what i will need to get me to a rr'd but ive noticed that one of the carbs is not sucking nearly as much air as the other and its running really rough?? ive tried backing off all of the screws and turning them half a turn each but this isnt doing anything. is there another screw or something that controls the air flow??

cheers russ

greg1.4
15-06-08, 06:57 PM
carbs sound like they need balanced..

russlea
15-06-08, 07:13 PM
ok, will i be able to do that myself?? i know i need a balancing tool but will i need any other parts for the carbs?? what do you mean by balancing anyways
cheers

MC
15-06-08, 07:57 PM
The carbs are seperate and the spindle with the butterflies on is linked in between the two. At this point there will be a screw to adjust that will effectively align the butterflies in all four carbs. The idle will rise and get smoother if you turn it in the correct direction. If you don't have a balancing tool, cut a length of pipe and use it to listen inside the trumpets. Adjust till they sound similar.