PDA

View Full Version : e16se problems in 1.2i

pul16v
15-06-08, 04:58 PM
hey guys i got a problem with my car and dont have a clue what it could be rly.
ive got every item off a gsi and put it on my 1.2i now the problem is that when i change lanes quickly or go round a roundabout its asif theres no fuel or its very short on it but thats with £15 in the tank also it doesnt seem to have a limiter wilst drivein all it does is back fire and pop n sort of pulse with power
im not really sure where to start looking as i know the tank has a swirl pot .

also the icv isnt working ive just turned it inside to the shut position soits has a low tickover doubt this would have anything to do with it tho

anyone had anything like this ? :confused: :cry:

cheers phil

meritlover
15-06-08, 05:16 PM
the problem is 1.2i engines dont do ANYTHING quickly!

there is a limiter if its injection. the ecu takes away loads of timing and does a soft cut.

could also be a jammed open EGR.

if it is a fuel problem then it might be the fuel filter being choked and not flowing at high demand causing a fuel rail pressure drop and a lean missfire. hard to diagnose without seeing or hearing it.

pul16v
15-06-08, 05:25 PM
read the title bud E16SE in 1.2i so its a 1.6

it has no egr valve blanked it off because it cracked im useing the std gsi external pump not an intank one also has a new fuel filter probley 2 week old now but doesnt have an arrow on it to show flow so i could try spinning it around but cnt see it makein a fuel flow difference

what im saying about the limiter is when your stationary its a very fierse (sp) noise everyone must have heard one ov theses limit but under load it pops and backfires and the power pulses it has no limiter to speak of at all underload

meritlover
15-06-08, 05:31 PM
appologies for my ignorance

MC
15-06-08, 06:09 PM
Firstly - Poppinging and banging probably is your limiter, its the unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust.

Secondly, if you are getting hesitation when experiencing lateral G, then its probably fuel starvation. Where have you mounted the external pump?

MC

pul16v
15-06-08, 08:19 PM
Firstly - Poppinging and banging probably is your limiter, its the unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust.

Secondly, if you are getting hesitation when experiencing lateral G, then its probably fuel starvation. Where have you mounted the external pump?

MC

can say its definately not the limiter as the pops and bangs and not at all like any type of designed limter as there infrequent and they have quite a unique sounding limiter . basically sounds just like a back fire

everything is fitted as it should be eg:- gsi ( i bought a wrotten gsi and every part went onto my shell )
it does feel like fuel starvation with the cornering but can understand why as the corners arnt super tight n shouldnt do it when changeing lanes quickly but when i heard the limiter isnt working and just backfires and pops thought it could be something eletrical tht may cause it

doesnt look like theres an answer out there lol

phil

MC
15-06-08, 08:22 PM
The two might be linked. You might have a loose earth/connection that moves when cornering or a leak in the inlet system.

pul16v
15-06-08, 08:27 PM
The two might be linked. You might have a loose earth/connection that moves when cornering or a leak in the inlet system.

my earth stap looks abit old actually now u mention it .think il get a new one cnt harm can it even if its not the problem

pul16v
16-06-08, 07:22 PM
no luck there changed the earth strap 4 a good one and also took off the filter to make sure it wasnt a restriction and has made no difference

pul16v
19-06-08, 05:19 PM
anyone have any ideas ?????

Adam
19-06-08, 05:34 PM
Got a proper MPI fuel pump fitted?

Mike
19-06-08, 06:39 PM
what fuel tank you using?

pul16v
19-06-08, 07:14 PM
Got a proper MPI fuel pump fitted?

what fuel tank you using?

i got a std gsi pump and a gsi tank with a swirl pot in . altho its a reproduction steel one