PDA

View Full Version : camber/tracking settings

therealnovaboy
15-06-08, 01:24 PM
i was wondering if anyone had an idea of what camber/ tracking settings to set a corsa sport for track/tarmac use. the reason is i have lowered the car and the camber is a mile out and as the tracking is out as well i thot id have them both set up profesionally. i did this to my nova and was well worth the effort.

i know the nova rally build manual has these settings but does anyone know of similar settings for a 1600 corsa b. was thinking if i couldnt get any settings i could just set it to the nova settings and see how it feels. has anybody tryed these on a corsa or does anyone have any settings of there own i could try.

i know its not nova related but dont really know where else to try. i would appreciate any input.

meritlover
15-06-08, 01:44 PM
Hmm this question is one of many answers, there are some, and there are many, there are also others, but this is a rather technical subject matter. unless this has been discussed before, there will be very few answers.
i would be inclined to suggest that as the suspension geometry is very simelar, the settings of a fast nova may provide a very nice starting point for your corsage. it would certainly be better than.

there are many garages that say that your camber does not change as the car is lowered. these are the experts you should be consulting. according to TV, Kwik-fit do tracking and therefor must be very knowlegable on the subject as these people are experienced at changing tyres, but they often struggle with concepts beyond how to ballance a wheel.

good luck with your cambering

ck
15-06-08, 03:23 PM
if i remember correctly a good start was, as much possitive castor, camber neg 1degree. and toe dead straight (no toe in or out)

therealnovaboy
15-06-08, 06:45 PM
thank you merit lover i will not be going to quick fit. the old saying, how quick could a quick fitter fit if a quick fit fitter could quick fit springs to mind.

i suppose with tracking 2mm to out , 4deg + castor and 2 deg -ve camber would be a good start.

does anybody think these settings would be no good, or have any improvements that could be made.

therealnovaboy
15-06-08, 06:51 PM
i would be inclined to suggest that as the suspension geometry is very simelar, the settings of a fast nova may provide a very nice starting point for your corsage.

this was my line of thought but as the corsa sport is somewhat hevier than a nova i wondered if the camber would be better slightly more negative. also since it still has an anti roll bar would these settings be any use since the nova tarmac settings specify that they are for use without an anti roll bar.

MC
15-06-08, 08:20 PM
If you are serious on the track use, get as much neg camber as possible, and yes wind on the castor. Toe will depend on how you like your car to handle, ie loose at the back or understeery. This will also be affected by other modification and how the car handles as is.

MC