PDA

View Full Version : Does The Cav 1.7 Td Fit In The Nova?

rdznova16v
15-06-08, 11:06 AM
As title says really, before you start ive cheaked the search but could not find topic:thumb: Just started my nova up pulled off and snap, cambelt gone:cry:
So ive seen a cav 1.7td engine and box for sale in my local paper, does it fit strait in and what do i need?
All help very very welcome many thanks karl

Philsutton
15-06-08, 11:31 AM
yes it does but its not a direct bolt in job iirc

rdznova16v
15-06-08, 11:34 AM
yes it does but its not a direct bolt in job iirc

Didnt think i was that lucky its hard to find a 1.5 thats why im asking about the 1.7, does any one know whats needed and how it done?
thanks karl

burgo
15-06-08, 05:52 PM
basically you need a complete 1.5 and a complete 1.7 as you need to strip everything off the 1.7 so that it basically a bare block, then you need to put all the 1.5 stuff on

ainsley_brader
22-06-08, 04:51 PM
Dont think its actually that bad a job.
What engine do you have in there atm.

I put a 1.7td in my corsa in place of the 1.7 d lump.

The problem with the 1.7td is it utilises the big block box, but as long as you have a 1.7 d or 1.5 td to start with you can use the flywheel clutch and gearbox from that.

You will also need to use your existing front engine mount.
I cut and welded the exhausts together. But if you have the 1.5td then it should meet up anyway.

The 1.7td also has an intercooler you can either bypass this or fit it. I originally used the cav intercooler but its not a great fit so have just bought a frontera intercooler instead!

Philsutton
22-06-08, 06:24 PM
^^ corsa / cav has different mount set up and you dont need to drill /tap the block. Thats why it was a straight swap for the corsa.