PDA

View Full Version : servo & M/C

ive_had_a_novadose
14-06-08, 06:55 PM
Alrite, i want to know if a MK4 Astra G 2.0 DI servo & master cylinder would fit straight onto my 1.2 MK2 nova? and could anyone tell me if this would be one of the 22mm bore?

Also if this does not fit what servo & M/C would fit? and with the 22mm bore size.

Cheers, Jay

Welsh Dan
14-06-08, 10:56 PM
Early mk2 astra GTE servo/MC setups fit, later ones dont due to the bolt pattern. R!CH used a cav/cally turbo one, fabricated his own bulkhead-servo spacer and modified the mechanism a bit to fit that.

ive_had_a_novadose
15-06-08, 05:32 PM
I dont fancy fabricating a servo to fit i have not got the tools or the time, would a Nova GSi servo and M/C be a worthwhile mod that bolts straight on I.E. will it be a good enough combo with the 256mm brake set-up? I just want to get the most out of the big brakes without having to fabricate a different servo to fit a nova lol

Welsh Dan
15-06-08, 11:42 PM
You dont have to make a servo, just the bit that it bolts to. The servo also has nothing to do with the hydraulic side of things, its the master cylinder that is important.

craig green
16-06-08, 12:05 PM
You dont have to make a servo, just the bit that it bolts to. The servo also has nothing to do with the hydraulic side of things, its the master cylinder that is important.

In which case a GSi MC offers no advantage over a poverty spec 1.2 MC.

Leave it alone & just bleed in some new fluid.