PDA

View Full Version : new car whoooooooo!!

bai1ey
14-06-08, 04:12 PM
finally got myself a nova HAPPY AS A PIG IN SH*T whoop whooop

Dave.
14-06-08, 04:18 PM
its "as thick as pig s*it" mate.. lol

another nova owner.. get some pics up asap dude (y)

bai1ey
14-06-08, 04:26 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98695

that will have to do for now as i only got it today and i need to wash it and do a few bits to make it mine first .
Any one got any ideas for wheel colour i am thinking keep tham as thay are or paint them black.

paul james
14-06-08, 04:55 PM
Keep the SR wheels the standard colour, get that rust sorted before worrying about other little things.

Jack
14-06-08, 07:16 PM
No, I've always heard the phrase as "happy as a pig in muck", as thats what pigs like to be in...

Car looks ok, I'm quite liking grey/silver Novas at the moment.

Paul
15-06-08, 06:49 PM

another nova owner.. get some pics up asap dude (y)

No, its as happy as pig in sh.it

bai1ey
15-06-08, 07:38 PM
any way back to the car had a look round it today and it has quite a bit of rust on it so look out for a project thread soon

bai1ey
16-06-08, 06:04 PM
forget the project it is fooked got to go to the scrap yard in the sky i am afraid i am glad non of you other people bought it and killed yourself because of the rot and it not being road worthy the person i got it off drove it from cambringe to skegness with his kids in it aswell.

bai1ey
16-06-08, 06:10 PM
heres a summery
1. off side turrut excessive rust/rot
2. near side turrut excessive rust/rot
3. offside rear chassie corroded
4. near side rear chassie excessive rust rot
5. passangers side door non exsistant
6. boot floor is a collinder holes all over
i think there was a lot of corrosion all over the rest of the car as well thanks for reading. I am now looking for a new shell any help would be great!

Andy
16-06-08, 10:39 PM
Thought this had a years MOT on it?:eek::eek: How much did ya pay?

bai1ey
17-06-08, 06:02 PM
it has got a years mot on it and i payed a bmw e30 320i and 150quid for it i GOT ROBBED AND I AINT VERY HAPPY is there any way i could report or maybe get my money back surely it aint road legal

bai1ey
17-06-08, 06:09 PM
here some pics
JUST BEHIND THE FIREWALL NEAR THE STRUT (drivrs side)
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/bailey_51088/Photo-0048.jpg
REAR CHASSIE (both sides)(drivers more rot then passangers)
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/bailey_51088/Photo-0055.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/bailey_51088/Photo-0061.jpg

Andy
17-06-08, 06:12 PM
I actually went to view that car.It was only last night when i seen this thread that i realised someone had bought it.When i went to view it was 3daYS left on MOT and he said for £400 it would come with a full MOT I was only after bits on it so didnt have a proper good look and didnt really care about MOT.If thats whats wrong with it as you say then its
quite blatantly got a dodgy mot.
Have a word with him and see if you can come to some sort of arrangement

bai1ey
17-06-08, 07:34 PM
erm i dont think i will hear from him agen need less to say he was really happy with the bmw

Dod
17-06-08, 08:20 PM
Well fact is you bought it, I assume you viewed it first? If not you should have. Anyway report the car to the MOT centre that issued the MOT and dont let it go, show them poics and display your annoyance to the seller.

Is he a user in here?

bai1ey
17-06-08, 09:00 PM
yes he is a user on here but i dont want to put his name all over a thread and give him a bad name i am stilla decent person on the inside. if you choose to look into it fruther and find out who he is that is your choice.
Any way time for good news me and ma dad had a poke round today and it seems it can be salvage with alot of time and a bit of good workmanship sooooo big project thread cumming up.

SRimon
17-06-08, 09:13 PM
Did you not see that rot!!!!

Andy
17-06-08, 09:13 PM
If its any consolation i did a check on that site that values reg plates and it seems its worth quite a bit of money so to make the best of a bad job sell it and put that towards repair.Let this be a lesson to folk to view before buying,you all know what Novas are like.As Dod says you can report it to the test centre or even VOSA.Also everyone will look who it is because we like ebay have a feedback system so that everyone knows who they can and cant trust

John
17-06-08, 09:14 PM
Hmm, lookin at them pics i'd say you've deffo been sold a dud. Some of that corrosion looks like it's in important structural areas, i hope you're not driving it until it's been repaired properly. There is no way that should have passed an mot!

bai1ey
17-06-08, 09:22 PM
no i only foudn the rust the yesterday and i took it off the road.
*AnDyNoVa* pm me the value of the plate please mate thanks.

Martin
17-06-08, 09:25 PM
were in lincolshire you from?

i thought i got giving the **** end of a stick with the nova i bought, this is redickielikielicious(yes spelt wrong on purpose)

bai1ey
17-06-08, 09:29 PM
skegness mate i got he really **** end of the stick all the rust in the engine bay was hidden with seam sealer

Ash
17-06-08, 09:54 PM
Didn't someone take a similar state car to VOSA, who in turn made the MOT centre repair the car to MOT standard or they would take their license away...

Shame would be quite a cool car without the rot.

EDIT:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99893&page=2&highlight=vosa

my sister in law bought a fiesta with 12 months mot, & it was such a sack of cack that she drove it to the local VOSA office & demanded they did something about it.... The garage who 'Issued' the MOT actually had to fix every single fault at their own cost or get their licence revoked. the fiesta was actually quite good for years after that...........

Martin
17-06-08, 09:55 PM
skegness mate i got he really **** end of the stick all the rust in the engine bay was hidden with seam sealer

not fair from me then tbh.. i'm in s****horpe, used to go on my jollys in skeggy, wel ingolmels to be fair

bai1ey
17-06-08, 10:27 PM
butlins
Been there a few times and i only live 12 miles down the road.
erm i have family in gainsbourgh(**** at spelling) you aint far from them are you ?

bai1ey
17-06-08, 10:28 PM
erm do you think thay would do tht with my car or just say scrap the heap of **** Martin

Dod
17-06-08, 10:44 PM
As mentioned, report the MOT Centre for issuing the Cert, have a word with the seller and express your annoyence and take it from there. There are also a lot of good parts on it, it'd make an ideal donor car for a base model shell.

bai1ey
17-06-08, 10:49 PM
erm at the mo i carnt afford a base model i am looking for one but carnt find one

Dod
17-06-08, 10:50 PM
Ok, well go to the MOT Centre as there should by right be some form of compensation issued

bai1ey
17-06-08, 11:01 PM
i have e-mailed the person i got the car off and displayed my annoyance as for goin to the mot centre it is in huntingdon.

I am not over reacting about this am i?

Dod
17-06-08, 11:03 PM
No. Phone the MOT centre and ask to speak to the head man. Tell him whats happened and ask him what he intends to do. They're at fault for issuing an MOT cert if the car isnt road worthy.

Andy
17-06-08, 11:04 PM
Damn no.Its very naughty is that-issuing an MOT with serious problems like that.Did it come with any advisories or have a fail sheet before it passed?

bai1ey
17-06-08, 11:08 PM
it had 2 advisorys. no fial sheet
1.front disc brake slightly scored
2.off side rear BODY has SLIGHT corrosion

Andy
17-06-08, 11:10 PM
Sorry but that is a joke.Billy Smart has MOT'd that carlol:tard:

bai1ey
17-06-08, 11:11 PM
?? dont understand Billy Smart ???

Andy
17-06-08, 11:12 PM
Hes a clown as in Billy Smarts bigtop circus lol

bai1ey
17-06-08, 11:13 PM
oh i see sorry mate bit tired and gettin slow lol i am goin to have to go to bed any way early morning thanks for all the advice and hape to talk to you agen tomora lol

Dod
17-06-08, 11:17 PM
Let us know how it oes, but do definately contact the MOT Station.

bai1ey
17-06-08, 11:18 PM
will do

saloonwoody
18-06-08, 09:55 AM
you do have eyes there was plenty of time for you to look it over ?

Dod
18-06-08, 10:21 AM
To be fair, it does seem the MOT Centre is at fault moreso than anyone else here. I strongly suggest you both contact the Station and display your disgust.

I assume Saloonwoody wasnt aware of the cars condition?

big gra
18-06-08, 12:51 PM
i say grit your teeth, admit you didnt check it over properly and youv been had. go rent a welder, get a few mates and a few beers and get the work done, will keep you occupied for a few hours, no point crying over iyt as you had the chance to inspect before you bought it!!! :)

draper
18-06-08, 01:23 PM
sell me the front bumper and grill

Andy_L
18-06-08, 01:35 PM
Didn't someone take a similar state car to VOSA, who in turn made the MOT centre repair the car to MOT standard or they would take their license away...

Shame would be quite a cool car without the rot.

EDIT:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99893&page=2&highlight=vosa

Speak to VOSA as stated above.

bai1ey
19-06-08, 07:09 PM
hay people quick update the person i got this car off as agreed to give me £75 towards a new shell and i have been intouch with the test centre and waiting for a reply

crazy_al
19-06-08, 07:14 PM
tell him no way lol

bai1ey
19-06-08, 07:14 PM
lol it aint much but its a start

Dod
19-06-08, 07:32 PM
Good result and fair play to the seller.

bai1ey
19-06-08, 08:00 PM
that is what i thought
i am still in discussions witht he mot station

white2lSR
19-06-08, 08:50 PM
i would hold out for more than £75. i'd say the seller is feeling a tad guilty and in that offer is trying to ease their consciance.

Did the seller work at a garage? perhaps the one that MOT'd the car??????

bai1ey
19-06-08, 08:55 PM
he sed he works at a garage but when i spoke witht he garage thay sed thay had no one with any vauxhalls that work for them. So i dont no what to think. I feel bad for posting all this and carnt help but think i am to blame for the car bein as it is as i didnt check it cos it onli had a mot 17 day previous

white2lSR
19-06-08, 09:00 PM
we all like to cover up little faults when selling a car, everyone does it at some point. Selling a vehicle that is potentialy a death trap is bang out of order.

bai1ey
19-06-08, 09:01 PM
from what you can all see in the piks and the fact that the horn and 1 brake light didnt work ?? this is my fault for not checking the horn and light but the deffo is no why this shud have a mot on it right ?

Andy
19-06-08, 10:17 PM
I arent being funny or owt but surely if you worked at a garage you would have looked over it before it went for MOT as you would have use of a ramp etc.

Dod
19-06-08, 11:16 PM
Bailey, keep the pressure on the MOT Centre, as for the Seller, credit to him for making that peace offer. But the MOT centre is the one to keep on at. At the end of the day its possible the Seller wasnt aware of the extent of the damage and because of the MOT over looked it as you did.

bai1ey
20-06-08, 05:00 PM
i am very pleased with the seller as he as done alot to help but as for the mot station i am on at them agen now and i dont want to go to vosa and lose the car as i have just got a new shell for it

gunner1x1
20-06-08, 06:21 PM
i am very pleased with the seller as he as done alot to help but as for the mot station i am on at them agen now and i dont want to go to vosa and lose the car as i have just got a new shell for it

Yeah and in the mean time these ars.holes pass a death trap and some poor sod loads his wife and kids in his newly MOTed car, which he thinks is perfectly road worthy because this professional goverment licenced garage told him it is, and then the whole family gets wiped out on the motorway when it falls apart. These cowboys should NOT be allowed to get away with rushing cars through MOT's so that they can get a few more extra fee's a day.:mad:

Report them and VOSA will make sure they put your car right at no cost to you.

Cheers

Mike

Nobby
21-06-08, 12:09 AM
foooking hell not good, as said you cant do nothing against the seller as you should of give it a good seeing to before you gave away the funds or got a aa check (personaly think there crap but .. ) main thing to do is keep onto vosa its a very strict and respected authority and they will be on your side 100% the slightest bit of bother and there on it!!

draper
21-06-08, 12:14 AM
if the guy who sold it you has offered you a few quid i say take it and chalk this purchase up to experience

gunner1x1
21-06-08, 12:53 PM
if the guy who sold it you has offered you a few quid i say take it and chalk this purchase up to experience

Why let the MOT station get away with dicing with peoples lifes:confused: That car should not have been passed and the garage who gave it the ticket is either incompetent or on the fiddle, and that is wrong. Would any of us have been so happy to let them get away with it if a family member had been killed in the car?
Will Bai1ey be happy if he read's in his local rag next month that someone was killed because this garage passed a death trap and he could have stopped it?

Alright he should have checked the car over, but 99% of Joe Public would have thought the car was sound with a new MOT on it.

Many of you will not agree with my attitude, but the public (or alot of them) relies on their garage to tell them their car is roadworthy and we can do without garages like the one who dealt with this MOT.

Cheers

Mike

bai1ey
21-06-08, 01:41 PM
the mot tester that tested it has sed he is sorry and he dosnt want wosa involded and is going to get the new shell i have bought picked up and transported to my house and he said he missed the rust on the back chassie legs and the bits under the bonnet was not there. I think this offer is very genuine and he is very sorry.

Andy
21-06-08, 05:19 PM
the mot tester that tested it has sed he is sorry and he dosnt want wosa involded and is going to get the new shell i have bought picked up and transported to my house and he said he missed the rust on the back chassie legs and the bits under the bonnet was not there. I think this offer is very genuine and he is very sorry.

Yeah the offer maybe genuine but that excuse isnt lmaolol Still you have done alright out of it.Many folk out there would have shunned you

bai1ey
22-06-08, 11:56 AM
lol i am still waiting for him to get in touch with me so it aint all finalised yet

Dod
22-06-08, 12:08 PM
What shell have you gotten? How much was it and how far from you is it?

gunner1x1
22-06-08, 06:39 PM

Yeah I bet he is sorry, sorry that he got caught, and I am sure he does not want VOSA involved, because it will cost him.

Oh well I have already said what I think. Good luck with your new shell. I just hope that one day you don't regret your action or lack of it.

Cheers

Mike

bai1ey
22-06-08, 11:11 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99940 now then dod it is that shell and i am in lincolnshire the shell is in worcester

bai1ey
22-06-08, 11:15 PM
G852 PCX

Is this car mot'ed can any one tell me ?? please

GTE999
23-06-08, 08:58 AM
Yeah I bet he is sorry, sorry that he got caught, and I am sure he does not want VOSA involved, because it will cost him.

Oh well I have already said what I think. Good luck with your new shell. I just hope that one day you don't regret your action or lack of it.

Cheers

Mike

Sorry to say this but i cant help thinking that your "seller" knows the garage and the car had an mot issued at "mates rate". Sorry for thinking out loud but ffs its pretty obvious.

bai1ey
23-06-08, 05:13 PM
ui have found out that it is the garage that the seller works at and he was disturbing the mot'er all the way through the test

gunner1x1
23-06-08, 07:22 PM
ui have found out that it is the garage that the seller works at and he was disturbing the mot'er all the way through the test

Is the seller not as innocent as he makes out then? If this is the case, as a member of the forum he should be shot for ripping a fellow member off. Who is he?

If it shows one thing it's that the garage owner is a liar because did'nt he tell you that no one that worked there owned a Vauxhall?

Cheers

Mike

bai1ey
23-06-08, 08:18 PM
yer he did tell me that and i am not disclosing the sellers name as be4 stated if you want to do your research you can.

gunner1x1
23-06-08, 09:06 PM
yer he did tell me that and i am not disclosing the sellers name as be4 stated if you want to do your research you can.

Seller Quote,

Research done. Seems a nice guylol

Cheers

Mike

bai1ey
23-06-08, 09:25 PM
Seller Quote,

Research done. Seems a nice guylol

Cheers

Mike

is that a serious seems a nice guy or not i am tired and carnt be bothered to work it out lol. and would you lot go over a car with a fine tooth comb if it had a mot 17 day previous

Andy
23-06-08, 09:31 PM
I would anyway its not hard to get a snide MOT

bai1ey
23-06-08, 09:34 PM
ok well i didnt i ****ed up my bad but it stilll seems a bit wrong to sell it in the knowlagde that it is unsafe

gunner1x1
23-06-08, 09:35 PM
is that a serious seems a nice guy or not i am tired and carnt be bothered to work it out lol. and would you lot go over a car with a fine tooth comb if it had a mot 17 day previous

No mate as you can see if you read my posts on this matter I am on your side and I am sure that 99% of Joe Public would have thought the car was alright with a new ticket. Yes you should check a car but NOT MANY people would have thought there would be that much rust with a 17 day MOT, ESPECIALLY when you are buying it off a forum member.

It has certainly made me think and will make me be more aware from now on.

Cheers

Mike

Riggy
23-06-08, 09:36 PM
**** the mot centre get onto vosa

gunner1x1
23-06-08, 09:40 PM
ok well i didnt i ****ed up my bad but it stilll seems a bit wrong to sell it in the knowlagde that it is unsafe

He does say PEOPLE ARE STUPID. As I said nice guy. I would not let it go mate. Show him and the garage you are not stupid.

Cheers

Mike

GTE999
24-06-08, 12:32 AM

Mate, im really feeling for you, but he must have disturbed him to the point that he wrote the mot out without doing it. Again im sorry for thinking out loud but youve been conned here. An mot has been issued as a favour. Its up to you what to do. Yes the seller may be a good guy and genuinly sorry but only because he/she knows what the outcome may be if you take it all the way.

Goodluck!

gunner1x1
24-06-08, 08:04 PM
Mate, im really feeling for you, but he must have disturbed him to the point that he wrote the mot out without doing it. Again im sorry for thinking out loud but youve been conned here. An mot has been issued as a favour. Its up to you what to do. Yes the seller may be a good guy and genuinly sorry but only because he/she knows what the outcome may be if you take it all the way.

Goodluck!

Spot On:thumb:

Cheers

Mike

bai1ey
24-06-08, 10:07 PM
thanks for all the support thay are sending me 225 out only because i found sumone that will go get it for me for 150 pounds

Andy
24-06-08, 10:14 PM
What dya mean? they sending you £225 to keep schtum?

Dod
24-06-08, 10:15 PM
So is your money made back then?

bai1ey
24-06-08, 10:21 PM
i made my money back and a bit and thay want it to go no further i hope this aint going to affect my rights as a png'er lol i am pritty happy with my result. some of you may not be. but i am sorry for that.

Andy
24-06-08, 10:26 PM
Why should it? how have you done wrong,you have done alright really.Yeah you are right in saying some wouldnt be happy-some would have gone to Vosa others maybe not.At the end of the day as long as your happy with what you have got thats all that matters.This is probably not the 1st time an MOT was issued like that........

bai1ey
24-06-08, 10:29 PM
as i sed thanks for all your support i am now looking for a compresser if any one has one for sale the new shell needs spraying. so look out for a F**K off big project thread. also how hard is it goin to be to get my reg transfered onto the new car need a bit of help in this department. i have the log book for the new car its on a b reg so i mite keep it as that

Dod
24-06-08, 10:49 PM
Well done then so mate. A good result. As for people in here getting offended by the out come, **** them if they do. You were in the right, justice was served, although not as much as some may think, so the end result, sorted!!

gunner1x1
25-06-08, 02:26 PM
i made my money back and a bit and thay want it to go no further i hope this aint going to affect my rights as a png'er lol i am pritty happy with my result. some of you may not be. but i am sorry for that.

You paid £150, a BMW E30 320i, and £ X amount for another shell and you received £225 and maybe £75 from the seller. I would be far from happy with with that:wtf:

BUT you did get alot more then some people do when they are ripped off, so I would call yourself lucky;)

As for the other members you talk of that may not be happy with the outcome. We were just trying to give you advice and thats it, so why should we be offended that you did not accept it:confused: . Its your money, it's your car and so as long as you are happy thats all that matters:thumb:

Good luck with your new project and take your time when looking things over from now on:thumb:

Cheers

Mike

Dod
25-06-08, 02:45 PM
Did you make your money back?

Steve
25-06-08, 02:47 PM
Ok that may be a good enough sum of money for you, but whats to stop the garage issueing more dodgy MOT's? Think of how unsafe that car was, and theres every chance they'll do it again..

"VOSA ftw!" lol

bai1ey
25-06-08, 05:32 PM
Ok that may be a good enough sum of money for you, but whats to stop the garage issueing more dodgy MOT's? Think of how unsafe that car was, and theres every chance they'll do it again..

"VOSA ftw!" lol

/\/\ this is what i mean. i am happy and dont need it i have thought of all this. Steave if you want pm me and i will tell you the garage and you can make the dicision wheather to get vosa check thay are all good.
SORRY IF I OFFEND YOU IN ANY WAY !!

L14MNP
25-06-08, 06:19 PM
Take the pay off and still report them to VOSA IMO lol
They are playing with peoples lives.

draper
25-06-08, 06:22 PM
cash the cheque/put the money in the bank and still call VOSA ;)

bai1ey
25-06-08, 06:39 PM
i will feel like a right grass tho lol :) erm the pay off was 150 plus the guys 75 that i got the car off 225 in total.

gunner1x1
25-06-08, 07:36 PM
i will feel like a right grass tho lol :) erm the pay off was 150 plus the guys 75 that i got the car off 225 in total.

The way you have got to look at it is, the guy was not worried about you life when he sold you the car, and the garage were not worried about the life of who ever drove the car, so £uck them, cash the cheque and then go to VOSA.
I would not call it grassing, I would say you are doing the right thing and saving someone else the same (or worse) heartache.

Cheers

Mike

bai1ey
25-06-08, 10:02 PM
i suppose. but i dont want it all cuomming back on me can i give a anon tip off like so thay dont no me :) and i dont want to loose all the parts i have now i have this new shell

Andy
25-06-08, 10:47 PM
Not very anonymous on a public forum bud

saloonwoody
26-06-08, 08:18 AM
not a very good idea advertising wot your gonna do is it ?

Dod
26-06-08, 09:28 AM
Mate, if you've made your money back and you're on your way to getting your motor sorted, I'd just leave it at that. Call me supersticious, but theres no luck in anything like that. Leave it now, people know the stations address and if they wanna report them, let them, but you should forget about it and chalk it up to experience.

bai1ey
26-06-08, 04:51 PM
saloonwoody you can shut up you sold me the car i never sed i was goin to do it i was asking if it could be done i was curious the end is the end and i have what i want y wud i report the station. I was just worndering how it all happerned. if it was anon and what would be the outcome as i am intrested in this kind of thing. so lets not jump to conclusions

saloonwoody
26-06-08, 04:59 PM
You Should Explain Yourself A Little Better Then And Watch Your Mouth.

bai1ey
26-06-08, 05:50 PM
ok mate would like you not to post in this thread any more and to tbh you are not welcum in any of my threads i no i carnt stop you but it will just end in arguements.. ADMIN PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD

gunner1x1
26-06-08, 06:26 PM
You Should Explain Yourself A Little Better Then And Watch Your Mouth.

Why should you be so upset about what happens to the garage:gay: (Gay men sell bent MOT's)

Oh I forgot you work there.

IMHO you knew the state of the car and ripped the guy off, so you should be the ONE TO WATCH YOUR MOUTH.

Mike

Jack
26-06-08, 06:44 PM
Time to put this one to bed