PDA

View Full Version : 1.4sr engine to a 1.6 gsi engine help?

nova dosed
18-09-02, 01:26 AM
i m thinking of putting a gsi engine in me car but mine is a carb so duz any1 know how easy it is and what i shud look out for please help.

I got to buy an engine 1st duz any 1 know of any going how much and i'd prefer an whole car which has failed mot but with a good engine help is very much appriciated then all i need is a buyer for my engine whuch is an mint condition and has been modified and interests then e mail me

jonathon.unwin@ntlworld.com

cheer folks

Dicko
18-09-02, 08:35 AM
look for a j-reg gsi engine, with bosch injection, i wouldnt go for the later model as you will have more problems.
engine would be around ?150 with engine/gearbox loom.
you will also need the fuel pump and tank off the car.
i got a reel of the metal hose you need to run for the fuel lines, that cost about ?15, and the rubber hose was about ?6 in total as you need 2 different sizes. then you need about 10 jubilee clips.
exhuast aint a probly as long as you use your 1.4 manifold/downpipe/system etc

nova dosed
18-09-02, 06:05 PM
what so i can use me 4 branch that im using on me 1.4 on a gsi engine? is so cool take it i cnt use me kent cam though?

Dicko if ur down fez 2night m8 ill be down from about 9 30 onwards come find me G reg red nova the reg ends in LHD ill show u me boot build im starting or nearly fin which ever.

Dicko
19-09-02, 09:50 AM
you can use your exhaust yes no problem, id recommend new gaskets though especially on the manifold.

As long as you get the earlier gte/gsi engine with bosch injection your cam will fit fine. the lug pin on the later versions are different. also on the cam belt the earlier version has a half moon shape knobbles on it, the later models have V shaped nobbles on the am belt.
If you need any parts give us a shout

i know u txt me back m8 but i never got it till 8am this morning. Ill be up fez on saturday amd for an hour on sunday, o and friday aswell :) not that i go there often