PDA

View Full Version : Temp wire XE

djshaggeh
13-06-08, 01:27 PM
Is the big blue wire going into the black plug the temperture wire on the XE loom?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/djshaggeh/DSC00345.jpg

Paul
13-06-08, 01:41 PM
yes.

djshaggeh
13-06-08, 01:46 PM
cheers paul :)

Paul
13-06-08, 01:57 PM
np's, that brown and blue one which has been cut is the EML by the way.

Paul
13-06-08, 02:05 PM
4- These are the dash signal plugs, out of these two you will use the following wires:

BLUE- Temperature Display for Dash, to BLUE on Nova dials
BROWN with BLUE trace- ECU warning light, colour for colour on injection Nova dials/Digidash, unless it was a carb model, in which case, use the choke light as a ECU light, which is BROWN with YELLOW trace
GREEN- Tachometer (rev counter) goes to GREEN on nova dials

FUEL PUMP- This is the thick wire which goes to the fuel pump, the fuel pump live. It is blue with a red trace, as illustrated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/lashednova/xejibberish.jpg

djshaggeh
13-06-08, 02:07 PM
Yeh i got that wired in, the light is on when its running. Which wire do I earth to get it to fault code?

Paul
13-06-08, 02:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/rodgerq/LETWiringDiagram-3plugs.jpg

the easiest way is to wire the ecu light up first - brown/blue wire in the square green plug - connect it to the same colour wire coming from the clocks to make the ecu light work.

then get a small switch and run one side to earth and the other side to the brown/yellow wire on the square green plug on the LET loom.

to read the codes flick the switch so the wires short(switch closed) and you will get the blink codes through the light.

djshaggeh
13-06-08, 05:28 PM
I've connected up the blue wire on my digidash to the blue wire indicated above and still nothing. Ive connected the spade connector to the nipple next to the coolent temperature switch. Not sure what the problem is Ill take another look at it tommorow.

I havent tried earthing the brown/yellow yet, I got a switch ready. Thanks for the info Paul, Ill give that a go tommorow.

Paul
13-06-08, 05:36 PM
run a wire directly from the nipple to the dash, if that works, then your wire must be faulty within the loom.

djshaggeh
13-06-08, 06:08 PM
Good thinking! I shall do that and report back tommorow.

Lee
13-06-08, 06:22 PM
You should be running the original temp sensor lead that is in the car loom. There is no point farting about connecting up the dash feed wires on the engine harness (apart from the EML). All the dash functions can be run from the novas internal loom.

All you needed to do was connect the blue wire on the novas loom to the nipple on the thermostat housing, and the dials will register the temperature :). The oil pressure feed wire on the novas loom will do the same job for the light, but you may need to run a seperate wire to run the oil pressure GUAGE if your running 6 dial clocks. The wire rund from the nipple on the back of the oil pressure sensor and connects to the seperate spade connector on the back of the dials.

PS your current problem is probably that you have connected the engine harness to the dials, and the nova loom to the thermostat lol. Re connect the cable you've snipped on the dials side and reconnect it.

djshaggeh
14-06-08, 10:35 AM
Yup, I have done exactly as you described. Ill get on the case with that, today. I drove her round my very little carpark. I got up to 7mph - it felt great :) and I got a couple of 3 point turns in there to. LOL.