PDA

View Full Version : please help with my clocks! simple question!

jon_boy
17-09-02, 06:48 PM
ive got wot appear to be digi clocks that would have come from an astra or other like vauxhall. no i always thought that these would slot straight into the dash like all other speedo clocks ive had. however on trying to put them into the front of my mk 2 dash it seems like they r bout an inch too wide! any ideas? are these the wrong one's or am i being a tard

ade
17-09-02, 11:25 PM
think theyre slightly bigger - they fit into a mk1 dash ok (if i recall from other posts).

Unsure of solution (sorry m8) - aparet from cut the hole in the dash bigger. The cowling on the top should still cover them.

Check theres nothing fowling the dials (bars, supports, wires etc)

Ade
:?

mikeoxford
18-09-02, 12:17 AM
hi jon i emailed you i had a set of digicolcks in that dash before you, and i twisted the two bars, and bended a gold tab like youre supposed to and it all fitted nice and tight no rattles 8)

im guessin you havent took the sunshiled off?

jon_boy
18-09-02, 01:40 PM
yeah got the sunshield off but they still dont want to fit. one more go then they are going to my mate to fit. he had em b4 and says its a doddle. bastard.

mikesri
18-09-02, 05:33 PM
Just keep opening widening the hole and eventually it will fit. it may be a cnut to fit but when its done u will be glad you did it.