PDA

View Full Version : windscreen removal

turbojolt
12-06-08, 10:34 AM
any one know how to remove one or have any guides

it would be a big help :thumb:

Dod
12-06-08, 10:43 AM
Get yourself some proper Piano wire from a decent Auto pasrts store, feed it through the windscreen rubber on the outside, to the inside. Get a second person and gently pull it round, cutting the sealant, then try and pull back the rubber seal, so its out of place, have someone on the inside resting their feet on the pane, pushing very very very gently and it should pop out.

Realisticially, it'll break, they always do!!

mowgli
12-06-08, 10:46 AM
if you go round the inside, tweaking the rubber round the metal lip, starting from a top corner, you should be able to then push the whole screen out. it is a 2 person job

if you are taking one out of a scrapper, then stanley knife the outer seal.

turbojolt
12-06-08, 10:50 AM
thanks

dan16v
12-06-08, 11:00 AM
Most of the screens ive done, the rubber has been perished any way, so i just take a stanley knife to the seal, then push the glass out with my feet from the inside out! id wear some goggles incase it breaks/shatters!

craig green
12-06-08, 11:02 AM
If you dont care about the screen rubber, just slice off the surface of the rubber with a sharp blade.

I got a screen out in less than 5 mins like that.

turbojolt
12-06-08, 11:11 AM
thanks we got it out now only took a couple of mins lol cheers

meritlover
13-06-08, 08:11 PM
Get yourself some proper Piano wire from a decent Auto parts store,

why not a piano store? :confused:

i have used washing line cord in the past for replacing the screen as it doesnt cut the rubber and snag like wire, its strong too.
as for removal its best to cut it, but well done for getting it off in one piece anyway!!