PDA

View Full Version : Cold Start Mis-fire (overfuelling)

Andy_L
12-06-08, 09:57 AM
Yes yes I know it's not a Nova but half the engines on here weren't in Novas orignally plus you're a bunch of bright sparks :thumb:

The engine is the C18NZ with the Multec Fuel Injection System,

Symptoms include -

Fairly frequently the car will start from cold and misfire like crazy for a few minutes and then clear itself.

Other times it will start from cold fine and then acceleration will be very jerky until it has warmed up.

Some times won't rev over 4k until warmed up, (you can feel the car hold back)

Other times it starts fine and dandy, although I did notice it didn't start well this morning, but yesterday when it was warmer it started fine (coinedence?)

I'm getting around 30ish MPG, but the tailpipe is soot like and when the plugs were changed recently the ones that came out were fairly black. It's also had rotor arm, dizzy, air filter and HT leads.

Any ideas greatly accepted http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/beer.gif

blacknovagsi
12-06-08, 07:48 PM
try your temp sender cus if it thinks its cold the ecu adds fuel to help cold start, and they cost bugger all
:thumb:

Andy_L
12-06-08, 10:14 PM
try your temp sender cus if it thinks its cold the ecu adds fuel to help cold start, and they cost bugger all
:thumb:

Am getting one tomorrow :thumb: