PDA

View Full Version : f18 box

rodgers
11-06-08, 02:38 PM
im running an f18 box in my nova and there is no were for my speedo cable to connect to, iv been told they are suposed to run off the abs???:confused: how can i get aound this? thanks

craig green
11-06-08, 02:41 PM
I'd use a bicycle speedo...

About 20quid for a decent one.

rodgers
11-06-08, 02:47 PM
is there any way of running a speedo how its ment to be?

Welsh Dan
11-06-08, 04:17 PM
Fit a speedo ring to the diff if one will fit, and machine a port in the casing for the pickup gear to fit.

loggyboy
12-06-08, 12:21 PM
Find an older f18 that has a manual speedo drive?

Dod
12-06-08, 01:00 PM
As above. Cav SRi Eco-bollox-boilover&Warp-your-heads have them.

You can fit a speedo ring but it involves removing the diff and a bit of drilling through the gear box casings.

Try and get an F16 Box instead, they're dirt cheap and in my opinion, tougher and more capable of taking abuse than the F18.

What engine you running?

mikey14sr
12-06-08, 08:02 PM
As above. Cav SRi Eco-bollox-boilover&Warp-your-heads have them.

You can fit a speedo ring but it involves removing the diff and a bit of drilling through the gear box casings.

Try and get an F16 Box instead, they're dirt cheap and in my opinion, tougher and more capable of taking abuse than the F18.

What engine you running?

As fitted to vectra eco-wreck 2.0l's aswell, on which they have a habit of blowing their diff's out aswell, mainly due to the abuse given to the bearings by the traction control (which also runs off the abs sensors) being so harsh.

Dod
13-06-08, 09:00 AM
Agereed, but the majority of the Veccies were fitted with the Hydrobollox clutch that broke if you thought about it long enough.

Clean 2.0 nova
13-06-08, 10:41 PM
Mine came from a 1996 calibra. The F18 had a cable operated clutch and speedo plug. There are some aftermarket speedo rings that can be fitted to the CV joint's (not personally seen them fitted) which is another option. or indeed fit a rear corsa type ABS ring to rear drum and cut off 16 of the 31 tabs to give you the right pulses to feed a digi-dash.