PDA

View Full Version : twin 40 manifolds

mikeoxford
16-09-02, 11:29 PM
how hard is it to get a manifold for twin 40s??

was in process of buyin twin 40s, sum G!T went dwn with cash before i had chance to go and bought the lot the swine, seen some more advertised without manifold though :( for ?200 notes.

whatya say guys?

anyone got anthing for sale i might be intersted in ???

after any parts required to fit...... mikeoxford@hotmail.com

Ben (lurk75)
17-09-02, 06:19 PM
i know a guy who sells brand new ones for 1600 16vs for about ?100 brand new, pm me and will give you his address so you can ask if he can source you one.

cornish
17-09-02, 06:28 PM
I paid ?50 for mine second hand, but its pretty much brand new. Make sure you get the bracket you require for lowering the alternator when you buy it.

mikeoxford
18-09-02, 12:19 AM
bugger no manifold and no alternator brakcet, does that matter then? take much graft? why do u need a new one?

cornish
18-09-02, 09:58 AM
Ok, i'd be suprised if you could make the manifold, but the alternator bracket shouldn't be too difficult. Do you know of that guy with the Nova Sport with DTA management etc... running about 130ish bhp? It was featured in Total Vauxhall a while ago? Well when i was finding out about fitting the 40's a while ago he pm'd me this:

The top bracket is an 1800 or 2lt 8v alternator bracket which is longer than the 1.3. The bottom bracket, i have pictures of but am unable to put them on the website if you have an email address i can send them to you. The bracket is the standard bracket turned up side down cut diagonally across between the mating face and the alterantor mounts and welded back up so the mounting bushes remain on the outer side towards the alternator, lowering the alternator. They werent made very well by irmscher and look a bit home made and are prone to cracking. NOVATEC in slough 01753 696216, have just started making a bracket to lower the alternator made out of steel, which they sell for 65 plus vat. Up to you whether you think its worth it but it saves a lot of hassle getting the cutting and welding right on the standard aluminium bracket.

HTH :)
Let me know if you have any more probs.

Dicko
18-09-02, 11:59 AM
online tuning in lichfiled do them for most 8v models, defo for 1.3/1.6