PDA

View Full Version : pulled over by police

nova nic
11-06-08, 12:21 AM
Hi
Is it just me or do you seem to get pulled over by the police a lot when you drive a standered nova as i was pulled over two times in one day!!
The second time i got pulled the police had sead my car was unroad warthy as my rear bumper is loose on one coner and my battry is loose and likly to fall from the car.
I was not allowed to drive it home as its unroad warthy but yet the mot was done 1 month ago i have to have my car retested before i can drive it again and i allso have got to go to court for driving a unroad warthy car but yet there was a van that hit the karb and the railings in town and he was not pulled

burgo
11-06-08, 12:25 AM
your car cannot fail an MOT for the battery not being secure, all they can do is advise therefore tell the police to funk off.

i know this as mine isn't bolted down and mentioned it to my brother who is an MOT tester

davehaynes
11-06-08, 12:29 AM
mine went through mot yesterday and battery wasn't bolted down at all, ive lost the clamp thing.
my rear bumper was only held on by 2 screws just to get it down to mot center.

burgo
11-06-08, 12:36 AM
in my experience you normally have to be doing "something" in a standard to get pulled. i was fooking about on a roundabout once in a standard sr when i noticed the police. they pulled me over and did the usual checks and then went over my car. all they found was the back bumper sticking out slightly which they thought was dangerous so had to get it stamped at a MOT centre.
basically i was ****ing about so they wernt gonna let me go with nothing

Jack
11-06-08, 12:40 AM
Nova bumpers are crap, I thought they all flap about lol

I have to say I do feel more conscious of my driving when I'm in the saloon than the Celica.On the way to PVS, our mini convoy went past a police van, and I would have happily bet Alex that they were goign to turn round and pull us all over, the way they were pointing at us lol

nova nic
11-06-08, 12:45 AM
thats the thing my mate had his seat belt on and his arm under the belt to keep it away from his stumic or else it could off bin because i did not give way to tham when i had the right off way

burgo
11-06-08, 12:49 AM
or else it could off bin because i did not give way to tham when i had the right off way

that sounds more like it as most police seem to think they always have right of way regardless of where they are

nova nic
11-06-08, 12:55 AM
whell i am going to apeal about it as i dont see way i have to pay for my car to be retested when the mot was done 1 mouth ago

burgo
11-06-08, 12:57 AM
might be worth lobbing a pic up of your bumper just to see how valid they were about that first

NovaLad
11-06-08, 01:00 AM
Last time i got pulled i found out my mates were making gun actions to an unmarked police car out the window.

The retards.

nova nic
11-06-08, 01:15 AM
its just unclipped on the corner i can just get my fingers in the gap in the wheel arch but i will to get a pic if i can get into town as i have to get a taxi to and from work untill i can get it trailed backfrom town

Lauren
11-06-08, 10:52 AM
Police like to pull novas cos they are typically boy racer cars.. they ignore me cos i have a granny 5 door... :thumb:

Rexy
11-06-08, 10:59 AM
i've not had a problem as yet, but im going to start carrying a tool kit just in case lol.

I'd be impressed if they can find anything wrong with my car to be honest :D

Rickyb
11-06-08, 11:15 AM
i got pulled up by the police on sat nyt in my van for no insurance aparantly so i got my insurance certificate out but that still wasnt enuf for him he tryed to ring my insurance (at 9pm) but it was closed so he got the recovery place out for it and took my works van. monday morning i went to the cop shop showed my certificate again thay rang my insurance and all was fine apart from the £115 out of my pocket but im goin to court to get my money back. oh and as a result i missed pvs. :thumb:

SGA33
11-06-08, 01:24 PM
I got pulled a couple of weeks ago for not having a front bumper and not correctly showing my number plate.He had a good look round the car tutting and eventually told me that i must fit it straight away or get fined.The funny thing was he called me young lad even though he must have been my age.:cry:

raymond
11-06-08, 01:28 PM
its 3pts for an insecure battery unsure if it can count on nova as there is nowere for the battery to go but cars that have them at the front etc etc they can give you 3pts so the copper is right in what he is saying

i never got stopped in my nova till the rochdale meet and had my mot revoked for an un roadworthy car

but that was vosa not the police although the police was on hand

liam944nova
11-06-08, 05:15 PM
they tried to do me once for a tyre took it to get replaced and the fitter told me it had nearly 3mm of tread left they'll try anything to get you

Rich
11-06-08, 05:25 PM
most coppers havent got a clue about cars! i loved telling them my car was a 2ltr it confused them enough they all left me alonelol

Best one was driving without my lights on, i got a 10minute lecture that i needed my lights on at night time. I tried to explain that my digital dash is always lit so i didnt notice (i only just started driving) but got told i should get out my car to check they are onlol

Jack
11-06-08, 05:36 PM
but that was vosa not the police although the police was on hand
Random fact, the police accompany VOSA when doing vehicle checks, because the latter apparently do not have the power to stop you (where as its an offence to ignore a policeman telling you to stop).

ck
11-06-08, 05:39 PM
the police cannot revoke an mot they simply do not have the authrority to do so. regarding the battery, how can an insecure battery get you 3 points when it is not an mot failure. i can understand thing slike tyres and bonnet catch stuff like that being endorsable with points as the car would clearly fail its mot if these were not within limits or working sufficiently.

Jack
11-06-08, 05:44 PM
The police can't, but VOSA can.