PDA

View Full Version : Retrimming seats

James B
16-09-02, 10:52 PM
i have them SR recaros in my car at the moment, dark grey on the side panels and light grey striped in the middle, was looking to re-trim them, black on outside and blue in the centre panel, has anyone got any tips for the best way to do it? alternatively has anyone found any guides on the net??

cheers for any help :lol:

james

Ben (lurk75)
16-09-02, 11:11 PM
just hang around til Ade reads this post and then he will no doubt give you a personal guide through retrimming the entire interior.

dave.gsi
17-09-02, 12:10 AM
or send him a cd and he'll fill it with pictures of his car in various pieces lol :lol:

Freak
17-09-02, 02:40 PM
Well my first piece of advice is dont copy me..... :twisted:

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/72big.jpg

I did that myself too.........

Yes it is a b*stard to do properly.Ade will confirm that too.

Matt Finary
17-09-02, 04:44 PM
Freak your seats look sweet mate!

Matt :D

?Marty?
17-09-02, 06:09 PM
Yeah Freak, them seats are really nice!

I still can't decide whether to get Cobra Evo's or Sidewinders. God damn it!

ade
17-09-02, 06:41 PM
HI HO!

:D

Yeah m8 - pm me and I'll send u my address to send cd to - I have tons of pics of my interior in various states from dismantling the seats to retrimming the roof lining to reassembly. The seats are a "little tricky" but its possible to get excellent results if you can use a sewing machine and you take yer time. The back ones are piss easy - if you intend using the original grey vynal for backs, the piping can be a little awkward to stitch. You need reinforced thread or fishing wire and some strong needles. My mum had an industrial sewing machine and she went through 4 packs of needles! :o

Reassembly is the tricky bit - I used cable ties and so far theyve held fast. Once youve done one its a piece of pish! My mum did my stitching but its fairly straight fwd (he says). You just use the existing seats undone as a pattern.

I'm currently trying to format them into some form of order (sorry for delays those guys that have sent cd's already) - taking for ever! Dont help when I'm working lates (at work now!)

My next project (1.4 carbbed nova if I can get my hands on it) is gonna be soft yellow with leather/alacantera interior in black and yellow - "wasp" nova with a bee sting ariel!

sweet (like honey) not sweet like chocolate - (cool video!)

Ben (lurk75)
17-09-02, 06:55 PM
Ade there is a guy down here that sells whole hides for re trims, we bought one for my mates ICE install and it was beuatiful leather and they are about ?100 each PM if your intrested and will give you his number (he does discounts for bulk buyers)

dave.gsi
17-09-02, 11:03 PM
ade if u do the yellow thing (like the primer pix) i reckon go for some black 17's....would look sweet as :D

ade
17-09-02, 11:36 PM
already got my eye on a nice set of spokes Dave - theyre silver at the mo but will be blacked along with the skirts and splitters...

All I need now is the ruddy garage!

Cannae wait till I move house (fingers crossed for sale...)

Ade
8)

dave.gsi
17-09-02, 11:41 PM
you moving to england?? north west? fancy doing me a quick spray job lol :wink:

ade
17-09-02, 11:58 PM
fraid not m8 - moving to outskirts of Glasgow hopefully (Kirkintilloch) - nice n quiet and then I roll up with my phat exhaust!

jon_boy
18-09-02, 10:39 PM
yo ho ade just read this post and couldnt resist. couldya send me a pm with an address to send a cd to? my cars lookin better by the day cept for colour of the damn seats! would much appreciate it! thanks alot either way matey, jon