PDA

View Full Version : insurance is ghay

General Baxter
10-06-08, 12:22 PM
lol

seeing as the nova has gone to bed now, i swaped the insurance back over to the troll

im trying to tax it online, it wont let me, keeps telling me to come back as it might take a few hours to update the national computer,

just phoned the insurance to check i get the reg right,

oh sorry mr baxter it takes 48 hours to change over :mad:

burgo
10-06-08, 12:33 PM
thats bollocks it should be instant

NASTYNOVA
10-06-08, 12:41 PM
aye, just tell them thats no good to you and you want it insured now!! they can do it, there just lazy *******s

Dod
10-06-08, 01:04 PM
I like my insurance. I have a policy on a 1.2 Corsa thats been parked up and semi stripped for weeks now, but i also have a 3rd Party extention which covers me to drive ANY CAR at all as long as its not in my name. The missus is wondering why she keeps getting a tax book a week through the door!!

Nick
10-06-08, 01:42 PM
lol

seeing as the nova has gone to bed now, i swaped the insurance back over to the troll

im trying to tax it online, it wont let me, keeps telling me to come back as it might take a few hours to update the national computer,

just phoned the insurance to check i get the reg right,

oh sorry mr baxter it takes 48 hours to change over :mad:

It's a joke. Elephant told me it sometimes takes 2 weeks to appear. I was only insuring the car for 7 days haha !

So then i asked them to pull their fingers out their ****s and send me a insurance Certificate via special delivery as conpensation. It ended up costing me £15 in admin/postage costs ! More than the Fecking insurance for 7 days ! lol

I well and truely got bent over.

mowgli
10-06-08, 03:16 PM
remember, insurance is sorted out by that speccy, knock kneed mummy's boy who always got picked last for games because he couldn't run, walk, kick or catch..... He grew up & now is getting his revenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Baxter
10-06-08, 03:35 PM
well iv just checked with amid or something its on the database, but dvla still saying no insurance lol

mowgli
10-06-08, 04:01 PM
get a cover note & walk down to the post orofice

big gra
10-06-08, 04:02 PM
I like my insurance. I have a policy on a 1.2 Corsa thats been parked up and semi stripped for weeks now, but i also have a 3rd Party extention which covers me to drive ANY CAR at all as long as its not in my name. The missus is wondering why she keeps getting a tax book a week through the door!!

my mate thought that so he drove my passat to pvs, goyt pulled and the car is impounded for no insurance, im struggling to get it back!!

General Baxter
10-06-08, 04:08 PM
get a cover note & walk down to the post orofice

no time, i need it for work tommorow lol

Dod
10-06-08, 04:20 PM
my mate thought that so he drove my passat to pvs, goyt pulled and the car is impounded for no insurance, im struggling to get it back!!

I'm ok though as its outlined in my policy and was pointerd out to me by my Insurance Companys rep.

rednova
10-06-08, 05:54 PM
I'm ok though as its outlined in my policy and was pointerd out to me by my Insurance Companys rep.

make sure the car your driving also has insurance on it - ive known people who thought that because they were allowed to drive other cars third party that they only needed to be registered to someone else:thumb:

Jack
10-06-08, 06:13 PM
Usually in the small print it says the other car has to be registered AND INSURED by someone else, thats to avoid the "insure a metro, drive a porsche" type situations.

General Baxter
10-06-08, 06:17 PM
sorted lol

ended up running down the po with the old cover note, which is dated till 02-2009

on a good note its the same policy number so i have not broken the law lol

meritlover
10-06-08, 07:15 PM
thats bollocks it should be instant

its not, it took at least 10 hours to update mine when i came to get online tax+insurance in the country.

Dod
10-06-08, 07:20 PM
Nope, I've clarified it with the people in the insurance company. If its taxed and tested thats all that matters, needs no other insurance.

djshaggeh
11-06-08, 11:32 PM
Usually in the small print it says the other car has to be registered AND INSURED by someone else, thats to avoid the "insure a metro, drive a porsche" type situations.

I did this, only mine didnt say the AND INSURED bit. I went and bought a lancia delta, registered it my gfs name and stacked it. I managed to get an insurence pay out on the third party (the person I stacked into) but bent my lovely delta into a bananna. Shall we say I leant my lesson.

Dod
12-06-08, 09:27 AM
Well no, my policy is as mentioned above. In fact it was a local Guard (Irish Cop) that told me about it and suggested I try it, i contacted my insurance provider and they clarified it!!

djshaggeh
12-06-08, 10:46 AM
Well no, my policy is as mentioned above. In fact it was a local Guard (Irish Cop) that told me about it and suggested I try it, i contacted my insurance provider and they clarified it!!

Insurence companys will try and wriggle out of paying for anything if they think they have a case and they will probobly tell you one thing on the phone but when push comes to shove they WILL try get out of, so I wouldnt recommend it. Also the police have nothing to do with it, it will be the courts that decide. Believe me I went through all this hassle and had my licence revoked because of it.