PDA

View Full Version : The end of cruising.

Breeny
16-09-02, 07:18 PM
Posted by Dan from Redline on cruise south message board...

If you lot thought the 'Public Nuisance laws' sucked - you ain't seen nothing yet! Wait till you see the new The Police Reform Bill.

"Where a constable in uniform has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used on any occasion in a manner which -
(a) contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off road driving) and...
(b) is causing, or is likely to cause alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public"

That officer will have "the power to seize and remove the vehicle"

In short, you go to a cruise (or just drive about) and do anything they deem may distress, alarm, or annoy the public you loose your car there and then. If you drive off they're allowed to enter your "premises" to remove the car and they're allowed to use "reasonable force" to excercise that power.

And once they've got your car, they can release it - you'll have to pay "fees, charges and costs in relation to the removal and retention of such motor vehicles" that is if they don't dispose of the car...

These will come into force in February 2003

Cruising is about to get a whole lot harder!

Dan w

wisewood
16-09-02, 07:22 PM
well personally i think that is stupid.
Why shoul dthey be allowed to drive off in your car - just because some old woman was taken by suprise by the sound of your exhaust as you drove past. Bloody stupid.

djp_y2k
16-09-02, 08:01 PM
its about time we fight back. Show these tw*ts that we arent all dickheads that drive around like lunatics.

I dont mean fight back stupidly, but in a way which will help our cause.

Its pathetic they want to ban cruising, I dont find watching burnouts, but if it means they have to be stopped so that Propper cruises can stay around so be it.

Legal cruises are good, but its not really a cruise unless you can drive around, hence the word cruise.

The police are just takin the piss.

ade
16-09-02, 08:52 PM
there is only one way you can combat this and thats to work with them not against them.

If your planning a meet tell them - organise and plan it in advance and get their approval / assistance.

Become a member of an organised club (novaload is organised but we would need registration numbers etc) - and advise them of the clubs attending - in advance.

etc...etc...

that way they will see you as a "friend" and not a nuisance. Someone who likes to exhibit his work and not tear about like some testosteroned dick head causing mayhem.

I'm not talking arrange stuff like trax but if you wanna meet up with say 20 or so m8's who happen to have the same style of car, just tell them what you are planning, how many will be going and almost tip them off. Speak to their local area liason officer - theyre supposed to "help" the public

As for noise polution (ice blasts etc) need to ensure that any meet is away from public places (not in yer local safeway car park - not that many serious modders can go there anyway cos the speed ramps are too fappin high!)

I agree (in principle) with the new laws - if it bans the knobs that ruin it for the rest of us fair enuff - we just need to play their game and they will slacken it for those who obey their rules. Get to know yer local plod - they can be flexible (in my eperioence anyway)

But then again...rules were meant to be broken? Some will see it like that anyway.

Ade
:?

Breeny
17-09-02, 01:55 PM
Meetings with police have been done with regular cruise organisers and attenders, its a waste of time.

At the end of the day your trespassing on private land, with dickheads doing burnouts and donuts. Nothing we can do about it, we've even suggested policing ourselves kicking out the pricks who spoil it for everyone else but they wont listen. There attitude is legal events or no events, they know damn well that we can'd do legal events due to the costs involved.

Do you know how much insurance is for an event? Stupid. Take Mean Street for example, a "legal" cruise thats completely shite.

dave.gsi
17-09-02, 03:14 PM
why don't u do it in the daytime. then when the pigs turn up you can say its a public car park and it just happens that 5oo car nuts wanna go to tesco at exactly the same time? then they like to hang out in the car park to discuss what is the best value tin of beans. :wink:

wisewood
17-09-02, 03:18 PM
:D LMFAO :D

Good thinking dave mate...
I am sure the poilce would be impressed by our witty remarks and be on their way. :wisewood:

Jim
17-09-02, 04:15 PM
I am sure the poilce would be impressed by our witty remarks and be on their way. :wisewood:

As they tow our cars behind :?

Good Idea from Ade, but like Breeny said, it's been tried before and the police don't want to know. I think I'm quite a mature person (when I need to be, lol) but I could picture what would happen if i did go into a police station and tell them about the meet we want to arrange for the 20th October. They would probably block the meeting place up or fine us as we get there. There is also a chance that they could be really cool and let us have our meeting, but unfortunaltey theres more cases of the police being over the top than helpful. It's a catch 22 situation.

I suppose we should arrange the meeting and hopefully those of us that attend won't be tearing round the carpark doing burnouts and stuff *cough* Breeny *cough* hehe, kidding bud. If they do turn up (which I doubt) then we'll just have to act responsibly and see what happens. Theres always a handful of idots out there that insit on spoiling things for everyone else :(

Jim

Freak
17-09-02, 04:46 PM
Just another example of the state of this country- where some kids in cars get more priority than maybe reducing the mugging/burglary rate, or the massive rise in drug dealing.

I have more respect for rapists and burglars than i do for the police...

Jim
17-09-02, 05:10 PM
I have more respect for rapists and burglars than i do for the police...

ermmm...WTF Freak, thats got to be the most absured thing I've ever heard anyone say...I hope for your sake you didn't mean that and you were just going for an extreme approach as to how you feel about the police :x

It doesn't help the community when people have more respect for rapists and burgulars :x Personnaly I would rather have my car towed away than to see someone get raped or have my house broken in to!!!!

You might have had bad experiences with the police, but theres no excuse for Rapists and burgulars!!!! PERIOD!!!!

Jim.

wisewood
17-09-02, 05:15 PM
thats right jim - no excuse for rapists, burglars or periods. :)

messing about...
Seriously though - FREAK... what the hell are you saying man??
Fair enough some police officers are arse holes but rapists and burglars don't quite reach the same dizzy heights as them on my ladder of niceness... (not that i have one).

carltoncrazy
17-09-02, 06:40 PM
look on the birhgt side,
hopefully the end of 1.0 with massive skyline siz back box and nothing else.
could be a gd thing,
but wel have to turn the radio down
doh

Freak
17-09-02, 07:11 PM
oh FFS

Talk about taking everything literally.

Was merely said to illustrate i have less than zero respect for the police- not meaning i literally respect rapists and burglars.

What the fuck do u take me for.

FFS

CP
17-09-02, 08:56 PM
Lol @ Freak!

If I was an old crinkly living in a flat on the cliffs above Sarfend sea front I'd be well pleased to hear that the police at last had the power to stop noisy, selfish, dangerous, inconsiderate young louts from keeping me awake all night!
:wink:
The UK is crowded and people are intolerant- what did you expect? How long did you think we were gonna get away with being anti-social?

There are always 2 sides but most choose not to see. It is the British way. You now know what fox hunters, farmers etc and numerous other minority groups go thru. Everyone thinks they have a basic to right to complain and interfere with what other people are doing even if it has squat to do with them.

There are as far as I see it 3 choices:
1 Shut up and conform. Boring but sensible and mature
2. Fight it, live outside the law and take the shit.
3. Decided that the UK is a piece of cack and go and live in the Outback or wotever

carltoncrazy
17-09-02, 09:12 PM
no how bout we make a point,
sorry but 99% of cars on the road r illegal(culd b sumthing small as a light bulb out) thats a proven fact from da DVLA.
look the old bill got so much paper work to do i dought there b assed bout this unless it`s a really problem.

Ian
17-09-02, 09:15 PM
seems all the southerners have the police problems lol, told you north was better, generally the police are more relaxed up here.

dave.gsi
17-09-02, 10:43 PM
true, however i did get pulled last week. i asked the pig what for and he said they were stopping randoms cars for spot checks.....Operation SHED! i asked him if he was calling my car a shed and he replied by asking if my clear lights were legal :o lol. i said yes, he consulted with his mechanic monkeys and let me off. :lol: :lol: dumb prick lol

carltoncrazy
17-09-02, 11:22 PM
i went to newcastle and got pulled once on the motorway(ova 100,got let off) then 3 times driving round da town and 4 times on the way bac,
no the sourthners jus h8 em

Ian
17-09-02, 11:27 PM
i got same from mersey tunnel police about rear lights told em they passed mot he was fine.

Anonymous
18-09-02, 11:12 AM
The police are looking to adopt a unified national policy on cruising, i know because i have been involved in the decision making process, they invited some of us along to a meeting with 28 superintendants from all over, there is another meeting with them this friday and ive been asked to bring along representatives of the cruising community from all over, including the north.

Dont forget though, the national cruise is on october the 19th, thats probably going to be the country's last huge cruise, so make sure you are there.

Chip