PDA

View Full Version : Fcukin MUSHROOMS in My car

TommyJ
16-09-02, 05:18 PM
I was hoovering the car out on Saturday and I found FCUKING mushrooms underneath my driverside foot mat!

Where the Fcuk did they come from?

:?: Does anyone know if this is common? due to damp? It's only in one place which is just before the floor on the O/s on the centre console.

I could always make an omlette

Tommy J

Alex
16-09-02, 05:30 PM
make sure that none of your windows are leaking due to dodgy rubber seals. You dont want damp on the inside of your car

ade
16-09-02, 06:32 PM
check the rubber seal around the doors - also check under the floor carpet as there is sometimes a plastic drain hole (sealed) that may have come off!

Were they "magic ones"

:o

TommyJ
16-09-02, 07:14 PM
they made me feel a little :oops:

It's not near the window, it's near the centre console.There's no watere coming in so the only thing I can presume is that it's coming from under the carpet.

carltoncrazy
16-09-02, 07:56 PM
heater might be leaking if it is get it sorted a.s.a.p
but this could be a way of hiding them from you no who

Mr Dan
16-09-02, 08:22 PM
My mate has just completely stripped his written off Nova and when he took the carpeting out of the bottom it was absolutely soaked underneath in the same position as your mushrooms. Maybe it's worth taking up that section of carpet if you can to see if it's coming up from underneath? Perhaps the drain hole ade referred to or something rusting away if it can affect that part under the car?

ade
16-09-02, 08:42 PM
you may wanna check the holes in the bulkhead between the engine and the car body (where the battery lives) - sometimes holes there lose their plugs/grommets - you can check on the inside once the carpets pulled back coz you'll see tell tale stains/rust trickles

If youve had shrooms growing it must have been damp for a while.

organic nova - greenest on the planet

:D

dave.gsi
17-09-02, 12:06 AM
i noticed my carpet was wet a few weeks back in the same place as yours. i took the side panel up and pulled up the carpet and the the underlay stuff was totally soaked. basically i ripped it all out (smells minging, like sewers :o ) then i noticed the little plug had perished and there was a hole in the floor letting in water. as i had the fibreglass out (for my door) i just glassed over it and its been fine ever since. i'll bet a tenner this is whats happened to you. as ade said it also could be the battery tray but this tends to let in water directly under the pedals

Matt Finary
17-09-02, 03:42 PM
I had the same problem before the flying machine came off the road for the built. It was a small hole in the battery tray, so when it rained water came through the scuttle panel. I got a new tray welded it in and smoothed the scuttle panel and add a trick vent that runs in line with bonnet so it likes smooth all the way.

Matt 8)

TommyJ
17-09-02, 04:21 PM
i already have a battery tray that send the water down the side of the wing.

It's no where near the pedals though. I'll have a look at the weekend.

ta

Matt Finary
17-09-02, 04:39 PM
It's prob the heater matrix or the grommets/plugs then.