PDA

View Full Version : missfire problem

simon1
09-06-08, 08:23 AM
Hi all iv got a problem with my 1.2 nova but im unsure what part(s) are to blame
symtomes are a miss fire when the engine is cold and no power (also wanting to stall) however after a few mins and the engine warmed up a bit the misfire (and juddering due to it) go away and the car is back to normal. any ideas?
only does it when engine is v cold and sat for more than several hours

any ideas?

Dod
09-06-08, 09:28 AM
1.2 Carb or 1.2 SPi?

simon1
09-06-08, 02:21 PM
carb (its a 91 H reg)

General Baxter
09-06-08, 02:53 PM
i had this, check your plugs, mine looked mint, but number 1 was not firing correct, changed plugs and all of the 50bhp come back lol

Dod
09-06-08, 05:56 PM
As said, its only going to be a small amount of things. Try the simple less expensive thingd, like Baxter said, Plugs, then Leads, Coil and module. If it persists after changing these let us know.

meritlover
09-06-08, 07:15 PM
make sure the rotor arm and cap arnt worn. also ensure the adv/ret mechanism isnt worn, check the timing and the things mentioned by the Dod.
check you vacuum hoses and check for air leaks, as it may be a lean missfire.
if the ign is ok, check there are no blocked jets in the carb, and adjust the choke if necessary.
then take it for a good thrash and clean it out, if it persists, you may have a burned valve, but unlikely that serious.

simon1
11-06-08, 08:55 AM
cheers for all your comments, il get on its case and let you know whats causing it.

Chrishowes
14-05-10, 11:38 PM
hi i have a 1.0L trip 91 , carbs, it contsantly has a missfire and has dropped in power in my opinion though this might be due to me getting more used to the car, i have changed plugs, leads, distributer cap, rotor cap,changed and set points points, set timing, ignition coil and condenser it alos pinks alot now unless i enrich the fuel but it didnt pink not so long ago so fuel musnt be the problem?? but still missfires and is down on power. any ideas?? :confused: