PDA

View Full Version : anybody else break down at the pod

7ova
08-06-08, 09:48 PM
on the way had a flat battery at services (left my tom tom on)
on way home had nearside front tyre very badly misshape
and nearly come off :mad:
not very good doing 80 in out side lane
and gsi decided to with out warning change lanes towards
hard shoulder on m1, just missing couple of other cars.
changed wheel on side of motor way
tyre had four big lumps stuck out of it

very badly sun burnt:cool:

but overall one hell of a day:) :) :)

anybody else have any problems

John
08-06-08, 09:50 PM
i had an almost instant puncture on the m1 too!

7ova
08-06-08, 09:54 PM
i sh*t myself, did you?

Adam
08-06-08, 09:54 PM
i had an almost instant puncture on the m1 too!
In one of the new tyres too?

It was probably from that van crash yesterday that we saw on the way down.

Oh and to answer the original poster, nope i had no problems. 140mile there, thrashed to fook down the strip, then 120mile back, not:one issue at all :cool:

Paul
08-06-08, 10:07 PM
just got in, left at 3!

On the way there I snapped a clutch cable, on the way back i split the black plastic coolant hose on the back of the block, fixed it with a hacksaw and a random rubber hose!!!!

Lee H
08-06-08, 10:07 PM
I had no issues either and did a nice 400 miles over the weekend.

Tim-SR
08-06-08, 10:22 PM
i had no problems, although i very nearly got stuck in the carpark in the mud lol that wasnt fun! :) it was an amazing weekend as well:)

womble sri
08-06-08, 10:24 PM
just got in, left at 3!

On the way there I snapped a clutch cable, on the way back i split the black plastic coolant hose on the back of the block, fixed it with a hacksaw and a random rubber hose!!!!

WHEN MY XE WENT BACK IN AFTER BEING REBUILT I HAD T KEEEP A 2M REEL OF COOLANT HOSE IN THE BOOT WITH A SCREW DRIVER. I MUST HAVE EMERGENCY FIXED THEM AT LEAST 4 TIMES

Nobby
08-06-08, 10:27 PM
i got there and back but i have a rattling noise from under the bonnet lol will have to find out what it is tommorow and get that sorted :( i also got stuck in what seemed to me like a bloody river but got pulled out and fooked up my branjd new trainers :( oh well all fun and games!

Adam
08-06-08, 10:27 PM
I had no issues either and did a nice 400 miles over the weekend.
Thats quite an achievement going by your normal luck with that car lol
Probert nova broke down when he was with us on the m1, sorry we couldnt stop lend a hand

burgo
08-06-08, 10:29 PM
my brakes have developed a noise. think i need new pads. other than that its still all good

Lee H
08-06-08, 10:34 PM

I will probably curse it here but it has been really good recently, countless trips to York for drag racing etc, made it to PV, just hope it holds together at York next weekend lol

meritlover
08-06-08, 10:45 PM

ye i heard it was a van full of nails and drawing pins that crashed.
pitty it wasnt full of repair kits too!

Ash
08-06-08, 10:54 PM
Head gasket fail 98 miles into the trip in the nova on Sunday and then recovered home :cry:

Fiesta ran up and back peerrfectly today tho :)

Ash
08-06-08, 10:56 PM

Oh and to answer the original poster, nope i had no problems. 140mile there, thrashed to fook down the strip, then 120mile back, not:one issue at all :cool:

How do you make a trip 20 miles shorter!? Car looked good Adam, all 20 seconds I saw of it lol

Riggy
09-06-08, 12:04 AM
i goy in about 11 lol , took it easy on way back with walsh, took my car to my garage to put it away and got a puncture , bollocks lol

Jack
09-06-08, 12:14 AM
I've got quite a bad intermittent misfire on hard acceleration/high revs. Plus my fuel pump sounds like its full of angry bees lol

Out of the SW bunch, I had my money on either Ash or myself breaking, looks like Ash drew the short straw there. Shame, as the car would have looked ace on the stand :(

Only other injury is my bum, from sitting in that seat for so long (and my only suspension travel being my tyres), and severe cramp in my right leg. I'm used to a big comfy jap car, not this european mini car tat! lol

SRimon
09-06-08, 12:18 AM
I lost my tailpipe

Adam
09-06-08, 12:35 AM
How do you make a trip 20 miles shorter!? Car looked good Adam, all 20 seconds I saw of it lol
The original route was M6, but there was a massive smash on it on saturday morning, which shut it for hours.
Hence i had to turn back and head down the M1 instead.
Thats the extra miles :thumb:

Cheers :)
What time did you turn up?

Riggy-You got a punctuare too? ffs, everyone got one lol

Dar
09-06-08, 08:12 AM
Lee broke down on the M6 and is still not home!!!! The ruddy AA are ****e!

Will F
09-06-08, 08:26 AM
480 miles and my ears are bleeding.

throttle cable came off on the way there. Bodged it to get to PV, but didnt fix it properly...

Throttle cable came off on the way home too! :roll:

Took 5 hours to get home. Traffic was obscene!

Philsutton
09-06-08, 08:41 AM
How was it in the tesco car park at about 7ish getting loaded onto a truck? Was a brown a reg I think with a blue 2 door saloon.

Jeff16v
09-06-08, 09:25 AM
No breakdown but my waterpump doesn't sound healthy and the turbo is smoking like a bastid

andybishop
09-06-08, 09:48 AM
I managed to get there without missing a beat, however on the way home, my turbo coolant pipe that runs around the back of the engine dropped down onto the alternator, and wore an hole through it. Forgot to take my stanley knife with me so had to bodge it!! Wrapped it in insulation tape which lasted!! Then we tried to put the passenger window up, the switch has always been a bit dodgy, but it kept popping fuses, so stripped the centre console down and swapped the switches about. Bonnet also popped up twice a couple, luckily managed to pull over in time.

Saloony
09-06-08, 10:04 AM
When sitting in 2hours of queues in the morning, car didnt like it too much, missfired when finally got moving.. worrying.. then hour queuing to get out, then traffic car just got too hot, didnt like it and 2cylinders decided they needed a rest. So got towed home 90miles by a 1.4 Corsa.. nice..

Lee H
09-06-08, 10:52 AM
I was pushing my car in the traffic to get out as had visions of it overheating.

Took me 6 hours to get there due to the M6 crash and less than 3 hours to get home!!

Novaload_Nick
09-06-08, 10:59 AM
i arrived at PV on the saturday for camping, all went well on the way down until i parked up and went to start my car again... starter had gone :( push starts did the job though lol

Ernie
09-06-08, 11:12 AM
Mine went fine there and back.Well it drove onto the trailer then got pulled all the way there by my veccy gsi estate (camper spec) then drove off the trailer on sunday morning.
I came back after a quick trip to the loo's and it had been moved by Mr Lee and co then i drove it back onto the trailer and towed it back home and didnt miss a beat or break any thing.
Also my a/c works bloody well and it was a good weekend.
PS sorry to hear about your car troubles Mr Lee.

General Baxter
09-06-08, 11:20 AM
i made it no problems all tho i was being a girl at 2000rpm

on the way back fast lane 6000rpm, no a hint on blowing up, if i could bend my neck due to pod burn id kiss it lol

Ernie
09-06-08, 11:24 AM
It was lucky i knew how to get into it for you aswell mate lol.

General Baxter
09-06-08, 11:24 AM
sush lol

ade did it around 12am aswell lol

tom_beverley
09-06-08, 11:27 AM
Mine never missed a beat [albeit a very slow one] :)

Whilst I taxed it on Saturday I read the old MOT's and realised she had only done 13 miles in TWO YEARS!! After a little 30 mile run on Saturday I found she had a fuel leak [from the original braided fuel line off the tank] so that was a quick fix.

Whilst stuck in the queues and getting hot she started to idle a bit lumpy but apart from that I couldn't have asked for anymore [and yes I was sad and gave her a wink and pat on the roof for doing so well!] :)

Jeff16v
09-06-08, 11:34 AM
and yes I was sad and gave her a wink and pat on the roof for doing so well! :)

I don't normally but did this time. She was a good girl

hendrix
09-06-08, 11:43 AM
I didn't break down but managed to rip my front bumper and splitter partially off the car whilst trying to get out cos of all the holes on that grass. Also had Oil level warning come on while sat in the queues to get out but it was so hot. I left just before three and was home just after 5. Must have missed all the big queues :thumb:

burgo
09-06-08, 12:01 PM
fooking hell. so many casualties. glad i live so close to all the shows :P

stevenf
09-06-08, 12:03 PM
well a 600 mile round trip and no probs at all :) all from a cheap corsa i got a couple of days ago lol

probert_nova
09-06-08, 01:22 PM
Probert nova broke down when he was with us on the m1, sorry we couldnt stop lend a hand

no worries mate could tell it wasn't possible, just glad baxter didn't go into the back of me :thumb: lol

had massive bearing failure, wheel and hub actually fell off when it was on the tow truck :eek: could of been alot worse really, no damage except stripped stub axle and hub.

i'll post pics soon

Adam
09-06-08, 01:26 PM
Not good. That could of been very nasty indeed.

I looked in my mirror, saw you back off. Then i looked in the mirror about 5secs later and you had pulled onto the hard shoulder.

Lozzie C
09-06-08, 01:33 PM
I had no problems with my car, she ran smoothly all the way there and back!

My friend who came down with us overheated/fan stopped working in the queue at the entrance and he had to push it most of the way up the road though.

Lauren

dhdev (Oli)
09-06-08, 01:39 PM
Mine got grumpy at being stuck in traffic (didn't we all?) and has developed a misfire on hard acceleration. Probably fowled up the plugs. I think it's due to me blocking off, rather than joining the heater matrix pipes, causing bad water flow ,and therefore overheating within the head. Will take the plugs out and inspect 2moro probably.

Austin_Nova16
09-06-08, 02:19 PM
Got to the pod on satarday, unloaded the car off the trailer and headed over to spend the rest of the day hammering it up the strip.

Did one run, and had trouble getting it into 2nd, then on the next run, I lost all gears when attempting to put it in 2nd... Got towed off....oh the shame.. :cry: bit gutting.. Time for a new box.

burgo
09-06-08, 02:46 PM
it seems then standard cars ftw when it comes to reliablity lol

mikey14sr
09-06-08, 05:37 PM
The vectra was doing perfectly well until almost home when the battery light came on, quickly followed by the engine management light! A quick inspection revealed nothing amiss, so carried on and the lights went out. Wouldn't start this morning though, stuck the battery from the nova on this afternoon and it's all alive again, looks like the hellfrauds jobbie that was on it is dead internally.

chimp007_uk
09-06-08, 06:09 PM
I found out the nova had no mot on friday night (ran out on 22nd May) so luckily booked it in for an mot at 8.30am sat morning. Spent friday night fitting bumpers to carrie's car and getting mine mot worthy. It failed the mot on front headlight bulb not clipped in... Rear fog light blown (even tho it was fine fri night) No red rear reflectors and welding to the rear sills... They said bring it back in the week... and I explained the situation and that it was my everday car atm... and they did it sat morning :) Cost me £70 including the mot lol
Got back and packed at 12. Stubbs came round about 2, (sadly missed dom and ben) hoped on the M1 met Carrie, drove up to Pod, no traffic... Although i did lose my "L, New Driver" plates that CoupeUk bought for a laugh lol Arrived at 4.30. Stubbs was driving a Ford and that was even fine :(
Did three runs down the strip and made it home without a prob :wtf: :thumb:

Even then turned around and drove back up to Coventry last night... Got in at 1.30am :( :tard:

R1CH
09-06-08, 06:31 PM
I made it as far as J20 on the M1, then it decided to spit its oil out the exhaust, filler cap and breather, oil temp at 130 and oil pressure at about 7 bar !!
Melted plug on No1 cylinder, both No1 and 3 cylinders full of oil. I'll get the head off tonight to see the rest of the damage !! new engine time i think !!

Mike
09-06-08, 06:32 PM
I got there fine in the Van of Death lol didnt even lose my rear pass side wheel :D

DAN-F
09-06-08, 06:36 PM
480 miles and my ears are bleeding.

throttle cable came off on the way there. Bodged it to get to PV, but didnt fix it properly...

Throttle cable came off on the way home too! :roll:

Took 5 hours to get home. Traffic was obscene!

DID IT COME OFF ON THE M50 ? SURE I PASSED YOUR CARWITH THE BONNET UP

DAN-F
09-06-08, 06:37 PM
my tow car veccy broke down with my nova on a trailer on the way there sat so they both had to be brought home
still only took me 2 3/4 hours to get home to south wales lol in a td 306 lol

CoolTiger
09-06-08, 06:45 PM
350miles no problems at all lol only bought the car for £100 last month aswell lol didnt hit any traffic at all must be my awesome map reading skills lol didnt even hit any traffic going in or out of the pod only a little bit going off the stand other than that non at all

Lee
09-06-08, 06:46 PM
You all have no idea what a real nightmare is lol

wilson_sri
09-06-08, 06:47 PM
I broke down before id even left lol

novacabrio
09-06-08, 06:56 PM
I managed 500 miles round trip with no problems! Good old reliable cars lol

chimp007_uk
09-06-08, 07:00 PM
You all have no idea what a real nightmare is lol

You wake up next to stu on Sunday morning? lol

Dar
09-06-08, 07:17 PM
He said nightmare, not wet dream:roll: :thumb:

chimp007_uk
09-06-08, 07:28 PM
haha pmsl lol

vaughanmc
09-06-08, 07:40 PM
No problems what so ever :)

Well the only thing was the winter air-feed was vibrating at 3k revs and the front mudflaps were hitting the inner arches, but that was it

700 mile round trip and the wee 1.2 didn't break a sweat :D

John
09-06-08, 08:29 PM

yeah tis fooked, by the time i'd found a relatively safe place to stop it was mullered. Euro tyres eh?! who'd have em! lol Had to stop and raise the rear coilies so that the spare would clear the arches too. My car also developed quite a bad miss/flat spot as well, was almost undriveable my the time i'd made it back to cheadle.
can't beleive so many others had problems too, gutted for you ash and rich.

jsw3644
09-06-08, 08:36 PM
f***ed the nova 2 weeks ago didn t get to even go down. was top priority and all went tits up.

xe Dan
09-06-08, 08:39 PM
i had problems turned car off in traffic comin in to pod on sunday went to re start to move with trafic and wouldnt fire back up then after 15 mins and nearly a flat battery it starts and now since then i dont decide when my car starts it decides for its self so will be lookin for problem this weekend but till then will hope it feels like takin me to work every mornin or im buggered but glad i wasnt only one with probs. i love novas

Ash
09-06-08, 09:08 PM
SRimon - Your drivers sidelight/brake light blub is out ;)

Adam - about midday, was hanging round RJ's car.... Saw you once of the stand, but you seemed to be on a mission! lol Trying for another ran down the strip, I guess.

RJ - Didn't reliese you had money down on mine :( lol Found out why now, already got the parts to fix it ;)

Amazed how many problems people had tho. I remember my old red one never missing a beat, no matter how hard it was pushed

Adam
09-06-08, 09:42 PM
Adam - about midday, was hanging round RJ's car.... Saw you once of the stand, but you seemed to be on a mission! lol Trying for another ran down the strip, I guess.

Sounds about right, took me ages remove everything my car and transplant it into Baxters lol lol

big gra
09-06-08, 09:45 PM
my splitter got ripped off if that counts??? fcking mud on the camp site!! took my front bumper off when i got to the stand and put it back on, robbed some screws that were holding my sub n amp down, lol!

General Baxter
09-06-08, 09:55 PM
Sounds about right, took me ages remove everything my car and transplant it into Baxters lol lol

you were going to get a smack in the head, for doing a runner with my keys lol

Adam
09-06-08, 09:58 PM
:p

andy_017
09-06-08, 10:23 PM
I managed to get all the way there (all 200 miles of it) and then the xe just decided to rev itself upto 4000 revs and stay there just outside the entrance so sorted that and then drove all the way home no probs!:thumb:

stubs
10-06-08, 01:13 AM

:wisewood: ...cheeky focker

ade
10-06-08, 01:14 AM
Mike - what time did you leave and I'm guessing the van of death got back ok? Colin Smith was at the entrance but didnt have a rear beam for ya.

I had a couple of minor fails - locked meself out the car on Saturday night. Thanks to Dar and the other for their improvising lock pick method using a piece of a plastic from a sandwich wrapper and a tent peg!

Thought Id lost my keys again after I realised I'd driven off with my show plates on the car still! Wasnt until I;d torn the boot apart that some bloke in the other queue shouted that they were dangling in the passenger side door lock

lol

Feckin eejit!

CoolTiger
10-06-08, 01:20 AM
lol your keys were so close but so far lol

AlexW
11-06-08, 10:50 PM
Mine didnt make it off my mums drive, But then again, the engine is in bits and has no front wheels, let alone brakes..... Oh and it no where near MOT'able :) :D

I get more pointless

staggy_gsi
11-06-08, 10:56 PM
my crank pulley bolt dropped out! luckily it happened once we were back lol

Welsh Dan
12-06-08, 08:15 PM
145 miles each way, cd player skipped a few times on the way out of santa pod but that was about it :p.