PDA

View Full Version : I nearly wet myself!

CoupeUK
05-06-08, 08:21 PM
Today i've been covering at another base and seeing as the weather was nice, I took the Nova up there instead of the Focus. I pulled into the yard where everyone was standing, a few lads came over and was looking inside and asking the usual questions etc etc

One of them piped up and said he'd picked up a Nova a few weeks ago, ame looking engine, same kind of seats although the other one wasn't as stripped out as mine. Then he asked me if I was going to get a cage, to which I replied yes......he then told me he had an idea for me that he picked up off the Nova he recovered.......intrigued I asked him what that was.

"Build yourself one out of plastic tubing and use a glue gun to stick it together"

I was like WTF??? The Nova he'd recovered (been in a RTA, front and rear damage) had a plastic roll cage installed!! Apparently it looked spot on from the outside unless you looked closely which is when you'd see where it drooped from being flexible but even funnier, allegedly it had a platic rear strut brace to which the harnesses were mounted to!!!

What the hell goes through some peoples minds?? Safety or styling for gods sake!!

Paul

Lee
05-06-08, 08:23 PM
LMFAO, thats genius.

Yet more proof of secret inbreeding going on!

Mike
05-06-08, 09:13 PM
AFPMSLCOPTER!! Theres dangerous, and theres B&Q dangerous!

Andy
05-06-08, 10:37 PM
What? hes a massive gayer. thats about as useful as putting foil coverd paper plates behind your rear wheels and saying "check out me rear disks":wtf::tard::tard::tard:

Jack
06-06-08, 12:00 AM
Plastic engine ftw

ade
06-06-08, 01:15 AM
lol - I've seen that. there was a post on here AGES ago with it. Made from lengths of tubing from a bathroom iirc.

probably the most unbelievable mod ever!

ck
06-06-08, 01:40 AM
beats paying a couple hundred for a show cage which if anything is going to be worse and more dangerous in a crash lol.

Dod
06-06-08, 09:16 AM
SR Boi had a similar set up in one of his Previous RST's afink