PDA

View Full Version : K&N Air filter

jamesdarlington
15-09-02, 05:53 PM
Hi all I have just put a K&N air filter on my 1.4 Nova (carb) I took the old air filter off and was left with one lblack rubber pipe, the vacuum pipe (small clear one) and obviously the space from the ol air filter. I tucked away the black pipe and put a screw in the end of the vacuum pipe. I screwed the filter on and everything seems to be running ok but im not sure if ive done it right. Any ideas?
Cheers lads

ade
15-09-02, 06:43 PM
dunno about 1.4 but on my 1.2 theres only one pipe and thats the oil breather one - I aimed it at the floor after attaching a bit of extension hose to allow any oil to drain away (it occasionally spurts bits and bobs at high revs). Dont block it up

I think thats the one youve tucked away...

Ade

Dicko
15-09-02, 06:43 PM
wot did u do with the big thick pipe? that might have had a bit of oil in it? i hope u havent blokced that 1 off :(

jamesdarlington
16-09-02, 11:06 AM
No the big thick pipe i have just tucked away not blocked off or put a knot in or anything, i blocked the small clear vacuum pipe. Is that ok?

ade
16-09-02, 11:24 AM
where did you tuck the big hose? Make sure its pointing down the way or you'll get oil all over yer engine - it occasionally likes to spurt oil out - can make a mess.

vacuum hose - if its to create a vacuum I'd block it off - but PLEASE dont take my advice ref this - I dont have one on my car.

Sorry

Ade
:( :D

mikeoxford
16-09-02, 10:53 PM
yes it is the vacuum advance tube, block it off, i have a weber 3234 carb with a ramair filter, and it said to block it off in the instrctions aarently wen it was fitted.

as for the thick pipe, put a mini k&n on it or a pipercross crankcase breather, looks the dogs :D i got one.

i get the odd bit of oil outta that too :? is that right?