PDA

View Full Version : fading red nova carpet

DERTGREMLIN
15-09-02, 09:47 AM
Can any 1 help.

I Have a red carpet in my nova and its starting to fade a bit and i want to die it. has any1 done it befor or no the best way ie Washing mashine, bath or let some other fucker do it ??

Chris LR
15-09-02, 03:49 PM
You must be in love with it to want to keep it, I got new mats hours after I got my car.

I'd suggest trying Art shops for dye, I'm sure it will go in the washer or in a big bucket.

ade
15-09-02, 06:58 PM
you'll not get yer carpet in a washing machine coz its moulded to the shape of the floor and it'll be too big to fit.

Best way is to dye it using a bucket with the dye already diluted in it and then hand apply it - make sure that you get carpet out of car 1st and stick it on plastic sheeting to prevent staining everything red. Once applied following instructions rinse thoroughly by hosing off. Dunno if it will work - alternatively get a new/second hand carpet - think vauxhall will charge you about ?150 though if not a little more.

The part number will be burnt into the underside of each piece (comes in 2 sections front and rear

Ade

Rich Dale
24-09-02, 09:55 PM
An Antibes?

I had one up until last year in red with the red carpet.......my carpet was starting to do the same and going slightly orangey in places.