PDA

View Full Version : Am I asking too much?

Adam*D
04-06-08, 08:23 AM
I'm breaking my nova XE because it has too much rust:roll: . I want £500 for my engine conversion that would include everything to XE a nova, engine, box, shafts, loom, ecu, mounts, gearlinkage, exhaust and anything else needed. People have asked me to sell it as a rolling shell so I have been saying £750 as it has a full lowering kit and 16v brakes. My thinking is I can weigh the shell in, should get about £100 and the lowering kit should fetch £50, am I asking too much?:confused:

SRimon
04-06-08, 08:30 AM
When you can get XE's fpr £150 yeah £500 is a lot cos the rest of it wouldn't cost that to put together.

Adam*D
04-06-08, 08:33 AM
Where can you get XE's for £150?

Jack
04-06-08, 09:13 AM
Ebay, mine cost £150 lol

Just depends how patient you are really. TBH, for someone who wants everything all in one package, ready to install without the time/hassle of buying it all seperately, then they may be willing to pay around the £400 mark.

I'm sure I remember Stoo selling his XE gubbins for £300ish...

Lee H
04-06-08, 11:13 AM
My XE was £180 from a scrapyard.

Dod
04-06-08, 11:23 AM
They make up to £600 in NI

craig green
04-06-08, 12:34 PM
People will always rather go for the cheapest option, even if it means it takes them 8 months (salary) & time to accrue all the parts & still spend more than what you are asking for...

Hence why £5k Nova turbos dont really sell & get broken, yet people buying the parts will witter away £11k building that £5k spec car.

If its any consolation, I feel your price is right & ideal for an ebay auction. I'm sure you expect a little haggling?

Dod
04-06-08, 01:02 PM
Your best bet mate, is to scower the Classified adds, see whats making what. Weigh it up against what you'd get for the car now, the fact that you'll have to take parts off and it'll probably take a lot of time to shift everything. How rusty is it? Beyond repair?

draper
04-06-08, 01:48 PM
are they proper motorsport shafts/hubs ??

500 sounds fairly imo but as someone said if you get someone wanting a full package you'll get lucky

where else is it advertised ??

alan b
04-06-08, 01:52 PM
there making near 800 euro over here! thats why i love ebay so much;) it does sound abit dear but at the same time you could find someone who needs all the stuff quickly and together!

Adam*D
04-06-08, 03:03 PM
Your best bet mate, is to scower the Classified adds, see whats making what. Weigh it up against what you'd get for the car now, the fact that you'll have to take parts off and it'll probably take a lot of time to shift everything. How rusty is it? Beyond repair?

I'm just sick of chasing rust around the car!. I lifted the carpet and found I had no floor so I had this all welded up so is now ok. I lent on the drivers strut top and my elbow went straight thru, again I had this repaired and is now good, both rear spring seats have just been repaired but the final straw was when I removed the sideskirts I found out I had no cills:mad: :mad: :mad: .

Adam*D
04-06-08, 03:03 PM
Forgot to say it still has 9 months M.O.T!!!

draper
04-06-08, 03:05 PM
I'm just sick of chasing rust around the car!. I lifted the carpet and found I had no floor so I had this all welded up so is now ok. I lent on the drivers strut top and my elbow went straight thru, again I had this repaired and is now good, both rear spring seats have just been repaired but the final straw was when I removed the sideskirts I found out I had no cills:mad: :mad: :mad: .

if youva already done all that id do the sills aswell and anything else that needs doing

thedjse
04-06-08, 03:14 PM
TBH I would rather spend more money bulidng a car than buying a car thats had everything done to it lol

I think £400 would be a fair price

Dod
04-06-08, 04:45 PM
As Drapers said, go for it. You've the worst of it over you now.