PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring trip booked!

andy_017
03-06-08, 09:16 PM
Me and a couple of lads from work have decided that in September we're going to go off on a trip to the ring, anyone thats been before have any useful advice or tips as i've never been before?

Pretty excited about going though seen as me, lee and karl have just got my xe finished off, cheers lads :thumb:

Graeme
03-06-08, 10:35 PM
Good luck kidda, I envy you greatly!!!

Stuart
04-06-08, 08:36 AM
take it easy is pretty much the advice ive been given for my jolly over there in mid July

hendrix
04-06-08, 08:44 AM
take spares!!!!

chimp007_uk
04-06-08, 09:02 AM
me and some guys from work and planning a trip around september time... I'm ment to be organising it lol

andybishop
04-06-08, 01:10 PM
If you've driven the track on the playstation don't go out there thinking you can drive it the same. Playstation only shows gives you an idea of where the track goes, and once your there driving it for the first time you soon forget that. Gradiants and cambers of the track will catch you out. Is very costly if you do something wrong so take it steady!!

If you need any info on getting there or anything else give me a shout, been quite a few times now and going out again at the end of August.

smcgsi16v
04-06-08, 06:09 PM
Have a good look on here for info
http://nurburgring.org.uk/index.html

Take it easy, don't take risks(as it will cost you if it goes wrong) and take pleny of euro's for the laps to get in as many as you can.

andy_017
04-06-08, 10:28 PM
cheers for the advice chaps!

Is there some sort of european recovery available form rac or aa or a company like that in the event of a breakdown?

spanishfly
05-06-08, 07:12 AM
I'm off this month! Can't wait!

andybishop
05-06-08, 08:08 AM
Yeah RAC recovery is not too bad, I've paid for that everytime before i've gone out. You could also get ADAC cover, which will get you off the track too if needs be.. Would have to check if you can still get that though as there was talk of them stopping it. Think ADAC would class as your european cover too.

Stuart
05-06-08, 08:16 AM
I've looked at ADAC and its about 70euros for "european" cover which will get you back to the UK. But its not simple sorting it out lol.

andybishop
05-06-08, 12:40 PM
I've looked at ADAC and its about 70euros for "european" cover which will get you back to the UK. But its not simple sorting it out lol.

Yeah i think it involves sending faxes with account details written on and things like that, there was a guide on Ben Lovejoys site at one point on how to sort it.