PDA

View Full Version : mk2 front end on mk1

DEE'S NOVA
14-09-02, 05:06 PM
my girlfreind has a mk1 gte and i bought her mk2 front end will theses wings and lights fit on with the mk1 gte front bumper?

apples
14-09-02, 10:37 PM
you need the mk2 grill also, it will probably be a bit tight and require a few minor mods to get the bumper on. it will however go on.
why dont you put the mk2 bumper on? it wont cost that much for one and i think it will look better than the square gte bumper.

carltoncrazy
14-09-02, 11:38 PM
get a GSI bumper m8,so much easyer,
get the carriage bar aswell tho

DEE'S NOVA
15-09-02, 05:31 PM
APPLES what u mean the standard mk2 bumper?

and how much will i geta gsi bumper for roughly and what is carriage bars?

i know i'm thick

ade
15-09-02, 06:54 PM
alright m8 - the mk1 bumper is "square" compared to the mk2 bumper which is more rounded. IThey are different designs due to the change in the fron grill (mk2 one is bigger to accomodate the different lights).

The carriage apples refers to is the metal bar that the bumper fastens onto that attaches itself to the car.

Its as long as the bumper and about 5" wide - site behind and clips onto it through square clips moulded into the bumper. The mk1 bumper carriage is different to the mk2 which is shorter and the legs are slightly shorter (I think).

If you get the mk2 front bumper you will need the mk2 carriage (uaually come as a complete item if u get it from a scrappy).

You should also really get the mk2 rear bumper which is smoother and rounded as opposed to the mk1 one.

If you have a look in the galleries you'll see the different bumpers (older pre H reg cars have mk1 bumpers unless owners have updated them)

A front conversion needs wings, bumper, carriage, lights, indicators, grill and fastners to hold in place. Rear just needs fastners, bumper and carriage

Ade
:wink:

DEE'S NOVA
16-09-02, 02:36 PM
i already have the mk2 bumper as i bought them off the guy when i bought the rest of the front end,so i have grill lights indicators wings(well might need to scrap the driver one as it's got a good dent in it ) and the bumpers and the front bumper has two metal brackets just under a foot long on each side these are the carriers i presume?

as for the bumpers the girlfreinds does'nt like the standard ones so i'll keep the gte one unless i can get a gsi front one but i'll keep the back one as she likes it