View Full Version : trip to the pod

7ova
03-06-08, 08:38 PM
how many nova's do you think you will see
broken down on your way to the pod? :(

I havent decided which one i'm going in yet
nova flair 1.2 or nova gsi ?
either way i give my self a 85% chance
of getting that far with out anything breaking.

as long as i get there, not to bothered about trip home :)

NovaLad
03-06-08, 08:41 PM
Just take a spanner and a hammer and you should be able to fix most things on the way.

mikey14sr
03-06-08, 08:46 PM
In 2005 my SR made it to the pod and Billing a month later without any problems at all after a four-month rebuild and being stood for 6 months before that. A month later it failed to make it to leeds when the head gasket let go and cracked the block.

Think that was the year Riggy broke his manifold on the little hump-back bridge too.

Jeff16v
03-06-08, 08:49 PM
,y exhaust fell off last year on the m1 and we dragged it 2 miles before i used monster cable to strap it back up.lol if fell off again as we left PV and i had to stop 10 times on the way home and tie it back up. took me 4.5 hours to get back to london but we made it:thumb:

you can fix most things roadsidelol

Jack
03-06-08, 09:07 PM
Expect most of the South West members to be littered around on the side of various roads.

mowgli
03-06-08, 09:12 PM
Just take a spanner and a hammer and you should be able to fix most things on the way.

you'd better take your uncle then, cos after all of our attempts to give you advice, you always get him to fix everything.

edens-xe
03-06-08, 09:34 PM
you'd better take your uncle then, cos after all of our attempts to give you advice, you always get him to fix everything.
pmsllol

Jim Mcrae
03-06-08, 09:48 PM
Expect most of the South West members to be littered around on the side of various roads.

Im ****ed if it rains, my wiper mechinism decided to crack my scuttle!

mikey14sr
03-06-08, 10:08 PM

The bit the wiper motor bolts to? had it happen on one of mine (single wiper conversion), take the motor off and either run a weld along the cracks or rivet a plate over them.

Jim Mcrae
03-06-08, 10:16 PM
Yeah single wiper conversion! Going to try and get it sorted friday as its my day off. Dont fancy rain and spray on the Mway with no wiper.

General Baxter
03-06-08, 10:20 PM

and me, ill steam up, im a man with no heaters :thumb: lol

CoolTiger
03-06-08, 10:21 PM
im i rate the car 50% chance of breaking down since its only done 19miles in the last 18months

peester
03-06-08, 10:37 PM
oh hey come on, - itd be boring driving up in a reliable modern car..
all good stuff.

mikey14sr
03-06-08, 10:57 PM
oh hey come on, - itd be boring driving up in a reliable modern car..
all good stuff.

Like a vectra with a cracked manifold and a backbox with no innards that still wants to fall apart? lol

Philsutton
04-06-08, 08:34 AM
Vauxhall shows arent that bad, you want to do a trip up the M1 on a ford day lol, the place is littered with borken cossies and rs turbos.

Oh an I reckon im taking the TVR so if I can make it there an back most of you lot should do as well lol

chimp007_uk
04-06-08, 09:07 AM
I'm gonna jinx myself now :( but i drive to and from work in my nova xe everyday, and... a round trip of 200miles every weekend...

i know it leaks oil from the sump :) but that doesn't stop me. It'll get sorted the weekend after next lol