PDA

View Full Version : U have been warned

Dicko
15-09-02, 12:15 AM
nice1 mick, best thing do is to not display your reg platem always makre sure its blanked out, and try not to show your full name+location

carltoncrazy
15-09-02, 12:56 AM
or put false privates on like mine,lol neva go out with dodgy plates,
seriously tho declaear all mods

?Marty?
15-09-02, 04:31 PM
It's all a load of shit having to declare all mods, aspecially one's that don't affect performance. Yes, your car is likely to attract more attention, but you're also likely to have taken more precautions on trying to prevent theft and etc that they won't take into consideration, plus if you've spent a lot of money on the car you're less likely to drive like a tw@ and risk writing it off.

And it's likely to handle better too, so there's less chance of writing it off. You might have a 1 litre base model and drive it around flat out, or you could have a modified one that get's there quicker, doesn't go that much faster (top speed), but handles/stops a lot better at the same time.

Insurance should just be based on the Make/Model and engine size. If all mods have to be taken into account separately, then the insurance should be subjective to the individual driver too then.

Ian
15-09-02, 08:05 PM
thats why i have a show car policy thru adrian flux, takes into account it being highly modded so you look after it more.

ps micky i really dont think they are checking up on mods, i think the tablets are making you paranoid as well as mad!

Ben (lurk75)
15-09-02, 08:57 PM
Yes it is quite worrying but only people with something to hide would be worried :roll:

Quite funny really as people used to buy performance parts and stuff for there cars off of Colin Smith who is a cheif underwriter for Liverpool Victoria and i know that a lot of people on here are insured with them and i bet some have even contacted him on his work's e-mail address to buy parts lmao :lol:

Ian: what sort of difference does the show car policy make?

Dannova12
15-09-02, 10:52 PM
im with cis and they didnt seem to care about non performance enhancing mods!!

Ian
15-09-02, 11:22 PM
limited mileage
agreed value
cheaper :D
no limit on performance mods, premium rated on value.

downside no prot ncb
need plenty of security - not a prob :D

im sure the adrian flux spy :roll: will be able to explain more lol :lol:

?Marty?
16-09-02, 04:00 PM
I have 9 points on my license, and does the insurance company know? Do they fuck. And why would i want to tell them? So, they can put my premiums up by ?600 or something. Because I'm supposed to be more likely to speed again, and thus cause more damage in the event of an accident. Yeah, right! Who's more likely to be less careless/drive faster - a bloke who will be banned if caught one more time? Or the bloke who has no points, and doesn't have much to lose getting caught speeding?

Ben (lurk75)
16-09-02, 05:30 PM
and a fine job you do to micky :!:

Davo
16-09-02, 10:57 PM
do u to be a member to look at the cars though?

CP
17-09-02, 08:36 PM
I would have thought that the insurance companies would not be that bothered to check a Nova site out for peeps with undeclared mods. Why would they? None of the cars are worth much by comparison to most newish cars. Its not them whose taking the risk and being unlawful. When you crash and it comes to light that your car is one big undeclared mod its not their problem is it? They're not the police. They've got bigger fish to fry such as tracing car crime

simon@novaheaven
18-09-02, 11:03 AM
Saxo owners idea of a practicle joke maybe, they dont get out much you know!! lol