PDA

View Full Version : GTE/GSi fuel tank pipework help

beef@novadose.net
02-06-08, 11:10 PM
We took our injection tank and pump assembly off a rotten GSi about a year ago, and most most of the pipework was cut off or discarded, assuming replacements could simply be purchased from Vauxhall.

Cleaned up the tank this week, popped into local dealer today only to find all the pipes are NLS :(

The main outlet and return pipes have bends moulded in, but has anyone managed to just cut some normal pipe to length without any problems?

If so, what internal diameter / spec was used, any good places online?

Anyone got any pics of their tank and how the pipes are routed?

Cheers :)

draper
02-06-08, 11:50 PM
8mm copper pipe is fine for fuel lines, you can run continous lenghts if your careful how you bend it

As for joining it onto the pre bent flanges on your fuel tank and in the engine bay for the engine some fuel graded rubber pipe will make a neat join

craig green
03-06-08, 09:56 AM
The problem pipe I've found is the tank to pump, feed line. Its a large inside dia rubber pipe. I had trouble finding some but a hydraulic supplier had some fuel grade pipe to suit in the end. To get around the issue with moulded bends, just run it longer to create smooth bends (no kinking).

I may have pics.

beef@novadose.net
03-06-08, 11:04 AM
Pics would be great :)

Riggy
03-06-08, 01:53 PM
The problem pipe I've found is the tank to pump, feed line. Its a large inside dia rubber pipe. I had trouble finding some but a hydraulic supplier had some fuel grade pipe to suit in the end. To get around the issue with moulded bends, just run it longer to create smooth bends (no kinking).

I may have pics.

1/2 pipe , i got it for about £1 per meter from my motorfactors

ck
03-06-08, 02:35 PM
all pipes should be 8mm ID except for the main tank to pump line which is 10mm id..

Mike
03-06-08, 06:32 PM
I have loads of oringinal GM fuel tank pipework as spares. What do you need.

beef@novadose.net
10-06-08, 08:43 AM
PM sent :)