PDA

View Full Version : xe 02 sensor?

Nobby
02-06-08, 06:57 PM
After i bought me xe i realised it didnt have a 02 sensor, my car is abit **** on idle sometimes and cuts out at junctions here and there, my gaffer reckons its because i havent got the 02 sensor which tells the ecu how much fuel+air to put in? i read up that the problem with these usually occurs on idle to low revs as this is when the 02 sensor is working the most and is not used on full throttle which again for me under full load is fine no problems what so ever. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem? (i am putting a 02 sensor in tommorow touch wood soo i will report back lol):thumb:

Philsutton
02-06-08, 07:00 PM
early 20xe's dont have lambda's anyway, do you mean yours is an early one or yours is meant to have one but hasnt?

Nobby
02-06-08, 07:39 PM
early 20xe's dont have lambda's anyway, do you mean yours is an early one or yours is meant to have one but hasnt?

hi mate apparently my engine was out of a astra gte and is the coscast 1 but i havnt actually confirmed that however there is a plug for the 02 sensor in the loom that has been taped up?