PDA

View Full Version : FAO CP/MC or anyone else with AVO's

kevw
13-09-02, 07:41 PM
Right, I want some coilovers, I was thinking of getting some AVO's but not sure as Ive heard loads of bad reports.

Any views will be greatly appreciated...

Kev.

Dicko
13-09-02, 08:38 PM
i think it was rick draper and spankee that had the problems, maybe cp aswell.

i think its the new version, they never fit properly, or sit miles to high becuz they supply the wrong springs. something like that

?Marty?
15-09-02, 04:52 PM
Yea, i was thinking of getting some of them too. As coilovers are definitely the way to go.

CP
18-09-02, 09:08 PM
Sorry been daydreaming and didn't see the post til now.

1stly they are a bit of a budget job so you get what you pay for. High quality they def. aint

2ndly the front mounting design is a bit of a bodge. Its not unsafe or anything but it utilises part of the original spring holders which take up about 50 mm+ of space. This means that even when set at the lowest settings, the front of the car still sits way high. There are 2 ways round this: Buy an adjustable top mount like Rick did or get someone to do a mod for you which allows you to discard the old Nova parts involved

3rdly both the front and rear struts run very close to the wheels when fully lowered esp. if you are using larger wheels or non std offsets

4thly clearance between the rear strut and its inner arch is minimal made worse if the car is set at the higher settings.

otherwise theyre fine :lol:
The spring poundage is not bad & pretty firm. The adjustment system is OK but there have been probs with some of them - adjusters not working, leaks etc.