PDA

View Full Version : old people on motorways

NOVA_LEE
02-06-08, 08:58 AM
does anyone do daft things like lick the window an stare at them to see there reactions? or any other stuff to stay entertained because if im not driving i tend to get abit board lol

Stuart
02-06-08, 09:10 AM
so what happens when you get bored?

meritlover
02-06-08, 10:10 AM
when i get bored on motorways i normally just fall asleep and crash.
i guess thats kind of daft?

L33 LEG
02-06-08, 10:15 AM
i keep myself amused by laughing at how much people clearly cant drive. lane hoggers really get to me, seriously cannot understand why people dont know the rules to driving. poorly modified cars will keep me laughing for a bit aswell, as will peoples reactions when they see a young lad in a nova, no matter how well u drive, theyl always be thinking ur upto no good :) :(

Lee
02-06-08, 10:23 AM
i keep myself amused by laughing at how much people clearly cant drive. lane hoggers really get to me, seriously cannot understand why people dont know the rules to driving. :) :(

That ones easy. Its because motorways arn't on the test. Which is stupid.

mikey14sr
02-06-08, 10:27 AM
Coming up on and old giffer in a volvo 340 in the middle lane that's doing 50mph just as I've pulled out to overtake another wagon and having to slam on and pull back in annoys the feck out of me. As does steadily gaining on women going slow who then just as I'm halfway past them decide to acelerate to 80, :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

(most of my motorway driving is in a scania artic)

L33 LEG
02-06-08, 10:30 AM
thats true but it really pees me off. sometimes u can a mile stretch and therle be 10+ cars all in the middle lane and the first lane is empty. i dont see why iv got to cross 2 lanes just to overtake them and then jump back into the first lane. and when i flash at people to get out of the way theyre just oblivious to the fact theyre in the wrong.

mikey14sr
02-06-08, 10:46 AM
When that happens and I'm in the car I pull back into the 1st lane a bit quicker than I really should while flashing the brake or fog lights at them, If there's any come-back from them I get brack in front of them and hold them up, twits.

L33 LEG
02-06-08, 10:54 AM
that reminds me of the time going to maxlive2003. the whole motorway was empty apart from a rover200 in the 3rd lane. he was doing around 70 and i had no idea why he was there. i couldnt undertake obviously so i got behind him and flashed once, he slammed on and kept driving all over the lanes and started going mad at me and eventually when i could pass him, he opened his window and told me to pull over on the hard shoulder for a fight lol

needless to say, i didnt and just drove on :)

i think points should be given to lane hoggers :)

AlexW
02-06-08, 10:58 AM
When that happens and I'm in the car I pull back into the 1st lane a bit quicker than I really should while flashing the brake or fog lights at them, If there's any come-back from them I get brack in front of them and hold them up, twits.

I played that sort of game with a Bmw down a duel carrige way, guy came flying up behind me and i was already doing 80ish, he flashed at me like **** and then tried to undertake me and got stuck behind another car, then as soon as he was behind me i started braking at points, when ever he got close.

There should be signs on motorways

Stuart
02-06-08, 11:00 AM
just drive up the inside of them.... its what I do and it improves my mpg no end lol.

I find it winds people up more if you just bimble past (on the inside) at 70 as opposed to shooting past.

mikey14sr
02-06-08, 11:04 AM
Yeah there is a big bunch of people who think the 3rd or 4th lane is their own, since I started driving trucks a few years ago I've noticed most of them also just swing out from the slip-road straight across without a care in the world, one day I will get one of them with the truck I promise!

That's what makes me laugh in the jams stuart, everyone dives for the right-hand lane and I just bimble along on the left straight past them all and the accident that's normally in the right lane that has been caused by them driving too fast and too close.

AlexW
02-06-08, 11:05 AM
Yeah there is a big bunch of people who think the 3rd or 4th lane is their own, since I started driving trucks a few years ago I've noticed most of them also just swing out from the slip-road straight across without a care in the world, one day I will get one of them with the truck I promise!

Hurry up and damm do it then! lol lol

mikey14sr
02-06-08, 11:08 AM
Hurry up and damm do it then! lol lol

I would if I could get past 54mph!lol

craig green
02-06-08, 11:22 AM
Some carefully executed undertaking is the best way to point out their poor lane discipline IMO, though its bad & you often get looked at as though you are in the wrong, but swinging back out to resume the next overtake will show you arent a full retard!

Tailgating seems like normal practice nowadays, simply not enough room for everyone + a safe breaking distance anymore? If I leave a safe distance to the car infront, the space gets filled (usually by a BMW) LOL.

Stuart
02-06-08, 11:28 AM
I think it looks worse from behind if you are in lane 1, someone is in lane 2 doing 50, you pull out to lane 3 and back to lane 1 once past.... looks erratic. Slinking past in lane 1 is far safer/less erratic imho.

I've noticed a marked improvement in my travel times/mpg when holding a constant speed and using which ever lane is suitable/has space to drive in, and its not erratic/dangerous (of course in my opinion lol).

craig green
02-06-08, 11:36 AM
I've noticed a marked improvement in my travel times/mpg when holding a constant speed and using which ever lane is suitable/has space to drive in, and its not erratic/dangerous (of course in my opinion lol).

I totally agree, however one day, some retard will notice you are about to pas them & automatically move left into you/your path. Then the under taker would be in the wrong, I'm just ready for that eventuality should a retard-middle lane hogger, prove even more retarded than at first estimation.

I love to get their eye contact & give a round of applause when they finally move into the left lane after 4 miles of abuse & signalling. lol

tom_beverley
02-06-08, 12:05 PM
I love to get their eye contact & give a round of applause when they finally move into the left lane after 4 miles of abuse & signalling. lol

lol I quite enjoy doing that too, whereas if I'm in a good mood I sometimes politely wave 'thanks' to those who move over straight away.

IMO it should form part of the driving test/later lessons as its nonsense to why its currently not included.

dhdev (Oli)
02-06-08, 12:16 PM
I usually undertake lane hoggers with the horn on full blast, that gets their attention lol Or if its fairly empty approach in the slow lane, overtake by crossing the two lanes and passing correctly, pull in front and show the brake lights (don't perform an ABS stop lmfao) and then indicate and pull into the slow lane, that wakes them up too lol

Jack
02-06-08, 12:42 PM
I'll change lanes appropriately, i.e. if I'm in the inside lane and captain slow is in the middle lane, I'll stick in my lane and saunter past. Technically, thats not illegal as you're not undertaking (I read undertaking as moving to the left purposefully to pass someone). I'll move out to the outside lane if I have to.

I used to drive up behind people and sit in their 8:00 position, but then that just gives them a reason to be in the middle lane. And slows me down lol

On thing that really does annoy me on motorways is people who have no clue whats going on around them. The number of times I've nearly been sideswiped because some plum tries to overtake without checking their mirrors whilst I'm overtaking them... :mad:

craig green
02-06-08, 12:57 PM
On thing that really does annoy me on motorways is people who have no clue whats going on around them. The number of times I've nearly been sideswiped because some plum tries to overtake without checking their mirrors whilst I'm overtaking them... :mad:

Amen. You have to be so alert on the motorway, I clashed wing mirrors a couple years ago with some young girl in a Golf, she came out to overtake as I was coming back in from doing the same from the outside lane. She was so shocked as she didnt see me. She was listening to an ipod! Dosey bint! :roll:

Matt2107
02-06-08, 01:15 PM
Lane hoggers get nothing from me.

I normally drive up behind them quite close... give them 20-30secs to get the **** outta my way before deciding whether its safer to undertake or overtake (I prefer undertake as they will never learn otherwise.)

Depending on their age depends on whether the get a stupid retard face or a dick head hand signal.

walshc
02-06-08, 02:42 PM
Some of the driving styles some of you have said you have are shocking :eek:
Yeah ok lane hoggers are a pain in the bollo*ks but deliberatly undertaking and darting in front of them and showing your brake lights?!! obviously theyre not cofident drivers anyway, (main reason for people staying in the middle lane) but those things are a sure way of causing them to crash

hendrix
02-06-08, 02:46 PM
I did quite a bit of driving back end of last year and there are some absolute idiots on the road. I think every morning pretty much there a was some sort of accident on the M62, typically from people getting too close to the car infront in heavy traffic and everyone anchoring up etc.
I do really hate CLOwn's though (Central Lane Owners) lol

Stuart
02-06-08, 03:03 PM
If they arent confident, get the fcuk off the roads!

its not some happy delightful place for people who might fancy a bimble to have a crack at driving on motorways. Either learn to use them (properly) or use A-roads or pubelick transport.

The amount of times I've been stuck in traffic/diverted etc when tis down to an inexperienced motorway user far outweighs that from experienced users.... Yes I appreciate the quandry of how do you get experience without using them, but atleast have a sodding motorway lesson post test (preferably from an instructor who isnt a grade A spaz)

Lauren
02-06-08, 04:54 PM
I try not to drive too much on the motorway, seeing as most people on motorways drive like a tit lol

craig green
02-06-08, 05:07 PM
If they arent confident, get the fcuk off the roads!

Agree. 59mph, middle lane & seat adjusted so steering wheel is 2" off the forehead is a false sense of security................... :D

NASTYNOVA
02-06-08, 05:38 PM
insult and piss off as many people as possable, mainly stick your fingers up at them through the back window, your on a motorway, there not likely to pull up drag you outta the car and kick the **** outta you!! lol

Jack
02-06-08, 05:39 PM
I don't think so tbh, when I lacked confidence I sat in the inside lane all the time as I was too scared to move out to any of the other lanes! Its just lazy/stupid/sleeping people who sit in the middle or outside lanes.

Epic Motorway Fail (http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/article3134114.ece)

Dar
02-06-08, 05:57 PM
I like to stay at about 70mph in the middle lane and watch all the retards go past with their lights on, 'Speeding', flashing fog lights, getting irate and stressedlol

When I want to improve my MPG I slipstream lorries or coaches.

mowgli
04-06-08, 02:53 PM
the bit I never understand is when a family is on a long trip.,,,,,,,Why does the woman have an open atlas on her lap??????????????????? its not like she can read it!!!!!

Dar
04-06-08, 06:10 PM
the bit I never understand is when a family is on a long trip.,,,,,,,Why does the woman have an open atlas on her lap??????????????????? its not like she can read it!!!!!

lol This is very true, they even seen to do it if there is a sat nav system in the car.

Dod
04-06-08, 06:29 PM
I like to drive behind horse boxes and sound the horn so the horse looks around. As he's about to turn round again I sound the horn again. Its actually very very funny.

Philsutton
04-06-08, 06:36 PM
I like to stay at about 70mph in the middle lane and watch all the retards go past with their lights on, 'Speeding', flashing fog lights, getting irate and stressedlol

When I want to improve my MPG I slipstream lorries or coaches.

Lol I slipstream lorries on the way to work, only as my diesel struggles to get to truck speed.