PDA

View Full Version : starting problem

matty gsi
31-05-08, 07:44 PM
Hi everybody. Ive just brought a nova 1.8 8v track car. The problem is when i picked it up it drove excellent. But after several atemps the old girl will not fire up. The engine has a gasflowed, head piper cam, superchip and boost valve. There is plenty of fuel getting through ( the plugs are getting soaked ). And there is a spark, but she will not fire up. I have changed the dizzy cap, leads and coil but she aint havin it. Anybody got any ideas???:(

mikey14sr
31-05-08, 07:50 PM
Is the camshaft turning? if not >snapped belt.

matty gsi
31-05-08, 07:54 PM
Theres no covers on belt. Its a new piper camshaft and a piper belt. She was running lovely and now nothing. Cheers mate:)

AlexW
31-05-08, 11:09 PM
I presume you have taken out the plugs and turned it over to make sure it isnt floaded, Otherwise, clean the plugs, or buy new ones, cant think of much else.

Is there compression?

Adam
31-05-08, 11:17 PM
I presume you have taken out the plugs and turned it over to make sure it isnt floaded, Otherwise, clean the plugs, or buy new ones, cant think of much else.

Is there compression?
Aye
If the plugs are soaked replace them with new, they never seem to work properly if they get soaked, even after drying them.

matty gsi
01-06-08, 07:30 PM
Got car running today. cranked it over plug less to get rid of fuel in bores. Changed plugs, and it spluttered into life. Thanks for your help guys ;)