PDA

View Full Version : JBL gear?

matthew king
12-09-02, 07:05 PM
What is your opinion of JBL gear and its sound quality, in particular the 'Power' range?
I have got a pair of P93's (6x9's, 250W) the rear shelf and a pair of P62's (6", 175W) in the door cards and it sounds absolute quality. They are not cheap, but well worth it. I'm hoping to complete the set up with a JBL 'power' range sub and amp.

AustinPowersNova
17-09-02, 08:05 PM
JBL gear are good, but not quite the cigar that is Alpine, Sony, Pioneer, etc) but they do the job fine. be careful not to amp them too hard (near max power) as with any speaker they might not, but more likely won't be able to, hack it.

matthew king
18-09-02, 06:32 PM
I tend to disagree mate. Pioneer speakers in general are pants, especially the budget ranges. What models of Pioneer, Sony and Apline are you comparing the JBL 'Power' (6x9's - ?100, 6 1/2 - ?100) range to?
When tested in magazines (Max Power, Fast Car etc.) the JBL 'power' range always comes out on top as their sound qualitry is so crisp and clear.

Matty

AustinPowersNova
20-09-02, 04:20 PM
I have a KEH 6900 R head with (only) 180w 6x9s (parcel shelf). they whoop the a*se off my 2 Kenwood 6x9s (mid car) and 2 sony marine speakers (under the bonnet) and the 2 standard ones in the dash. I personally havent got JBL but my mate has, praps hes over-powering his or something

pickle2000
20-09-02, 05:25 PM
Alright then, what do you lot think of Alpine speakers?
I am considering getting some alpine 6x9's for the rear, but am not totally sure if they are gonna deliver for the money. The model number is SPR694A and they aren't cheap..... and they are only 2-way speakers but they look like they should sound wicked..... What do you lot think??
I am gonna be playing a lot of Drum n Bass and Hip hop, with a bit of radio tunes mixed in.

AustinPowersNova
23-09-02, 04:15 PM
generally, 2 ways reproduce more/better bass than 3 ways, but i personally would go for alpines, although they are a bit steep in the money dept. erm, all sorts of other companies produce speakers just as good (may be even better) at lower prices, although i can't think of any at the mo :S (brain block) :)