PDA

View Full Version : Concourse Show Winning Nova GSI

Anna
31-05-08, 02:33 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD :-((

This a very sad sale of a car that has always been owned by mature enthusiasts and meticulously maintained.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jugsie/AnovaProfile.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jugsie/P1000341.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jugsie/Side02.jpg

I originally purchased the car in June 2001 as an immaculate standard GSI. The car had always lived in the same village, sold between friends and garaged throughout its life. Both myself and the previous owner only drove the car in dry weather. I searched for a long time to find a car this clean and that was 7 years ago. The car came with full service history, receipts and all previous MOT certificates. The car has always gone straight through every MOT. As many of you will agree, the chance of buying one this clean these days is very rare.

After showing the car for 2 years in the condition I bought it and the car getting lots of attention, I decided to go the whole hog and restore it to concourse condition. Throughout winter 2003 the car had a bare shell rebuild and engine overhaul. At no point did the car require any new panels / welding – it is a genuine solid car. Everything done was purely cosmetic. The current spec of the car is as follows:

Original 1.6 8 valve engine
Pipercross Induction kit with cold air intake
FSE Power Boost Valve
Full Scorpion Stainless Steel System
E-Tech Strut Brace
Red Samco Hoses
Polished Cylinder Head, Camshaft Housing and Rocker Cover
Bailey Header Tank
Numerous Customer Made Stainless Steel Covers under the bonnet.
Numerous Chrome bits including Bonnet Catch, Wiper Motor, Inner Wing Bolts, Head Bolts and much, much more.
KYB Shocks and Avo Springs lowered 60mm all round
Cavalier Dual Vented Front Discs and Cavalier GSI Rear Disc Conversion
Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Hoses
6.5 x 15 inch Vauxhall Astra Arctic Wheels incl matching spare (these were limited edition and I have never seen another nova with them).
Generation 2 Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres – 195/45/15 (barely covered 1,000 miles and spare is brand new).
Full Underside Stripped and Painted
Left Hand Drive Light Clusters
Carbon Fibre Detailing on Door Pillars, Wing Mirrors and Door Handles
GM Headlamp Protectors.
Chrome GSI Door Sills and door catches
Standard, immaculate GSI interior with no bolster wear on either front seat. Rear Head Rests and 13 inch Momo Steering Wheel including Snap-off Boss.
AutoWatch Cat 1 Alarm and Immobiliser
Kenwood KDC 6021 Head Unit and upgraded Panasonic speakers all-round.This is just the main spec, there is much more to list due to the attention to detail when the car was rebuilt. Numerous parts were replaced during the rebuild to get the ‘concourse’ finish, all of which were genuine Vauxhall parts. No corners were cut and no expense was spared.

Following the rebuild the car was taken to John Nobles to be rolling road set up. I have the print out that states 107.2 BHP / 102.7 lbft. Even the staff at John Nobles commented that Vauxhall had a good day when they built this car.

Following the rebuild the car was shown for 2 years, winning numerous trophies and lots of attention. Due to work commitments and changes in circumstances the car has not been shown for over 2 years. It has since been stored in a lock up, wrapped up with a de-humidifier!! The car was routinely started throughout the time and driven to ensure nothing seized up. I always stated I would never sell the car and would love to keep it but I feel it is a waste to have such a special car locked away when someone else could be taking it out and getting as much enjoyment out of it as I have. I have had a lot of interest in magazine features for this car but have never done it as there were always a ‘few more’ bits I wanted to do, so the new owner can look forward to doing this if they want.

Cars like this are few and far between so I want to make sure it is sold to another enthusiast. The car will be available for viewing at PV 08 – 8th June 2008, where it will be on display on the Total Vauxhall Anniversary Stand. Viewing is essential to appreciate the car. I hope anyone that knows me or the car will confirm how clean it is and how well it has been maintained. I haven't decided on an exact selling price yet but will gauge interest received at the show and will base the price on this. I will update this advert following the show. Offers over £4,000

If you have any queries regarding the car, please email me at albs81@hotmail.com (albs81@hotmail.com)
The car went straight through its MOT today (31/05/08) and will be taxed until end of November 2008. Please note, the car will be returned to its original ‘H’ registration plate when sold.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jugsie/Side06.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jugsie/Engine07.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jugsie/Engine05.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jugsie/AnovaFrontBrake.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jugsie/Wheel01.jpg

matt_vaughan
31-05-08, 03:48 PM
Sorry but WOW :P

Clean 2.0 nova
31-05-08, 07:58 PM
I'd be saddened if it only fetched £4,000. I was thinking of a figure like that for mine. I like to think mine is a clean example but is definately second to this one.

V. Nice car and free bump (not that you need it).

Count Vaux Alot
01-06-08, 05:56 PM
bribble.....very nice

vaughanmc
01-06-08, 06:32 PM
Really hope it goes to a good home :)

twistysnovagte
01-06-08, 08:46 PM
sorry if im spaming your/this thread but is possible you could tell me the make name of the wheels and what they originaly came off, please keep the car if it stayed in the condition it has up until now then you should cherish the for years to come.bump

Anna
01-06-08, 09:09 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

The wheels are off an Astra Arctic (which was a limited edition) and they were originally an Opel design. They feature in the historical parts catalogue published by Vauxhall.

Don't worry, I am determined it will be sold to someone that will continue to cherish it as I have :thumb:

sarah12356
02-06-08, 07:26 PM
Wow!! Thats Nice! I Wouldnt Want Too Part with It If It Was Mine!!

rayroper
02-06-08, 08:01 PM
Amazing engine.

nuno_gt
02-06-08, 08:13 PM
Very nice Nova. It's rare in nowadays to see a Nova like this. Congratulations and hope that the new buyer keeps it like you have been done until now

Nevo
04-06-08, 12:40 AM
To be onnest that HAS to be the cleanest car i have ever seen . Has this car ever been driven on the road ? , just hope whoever owns it next feels the same as the previous owners and looks after it , hope it isnt a boy racer riteoff within 6 months :)

Anna
04-06-08, 08:51 AM
Yes the car gets driven but only in good weather!! It will be driving to PVS this weekend (weather permitting!!!).

As for it going to a good home, I will make sure it goes to the right person :thumb:

joeSRI
04-06-08, 05:19 PM
How do u get it so clean?

Lauren
04-06-08, 05:27 PM
Dammit! My computer won't show those pics, and I want to see it!

shy witness
04-06-08, 10:14 PM
absolutely outstanding car that i have to say.

i'm sure there will be plenty of droolers at pv.

hope it goes to a great home.............and best of luck with the sale mate.

beautiful car

Tim-SR
06-06-08, 01:35 PM
This is a propper nice car:) you've made a really good job of keeping it clean:) if i had the money i would be seriously interested:)

7ova
08-06-08, 10:03 PM
seen this nova today at the pod and 4k for this gsi is not
tomuch at all, its mint :)

some lucky persons (if anna lets them) is going to be very happy with it

Jay
08-06-08, 10:39 PM
seen this nova today at the pod and 4k for this gsi is not
tomuch at all, its mint :)

some lucky persons (if anna lets them) is going to be very happy with it

Yep i can back you up on that, this car is stunning saw it at pv today and :eek: it it lovely. :thumb:

Anna
09-06-08, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, it was nice to meet a lot of you - looking forward to seeing your project there next year Stuart!! I've PM'd you the number of the guy that made all of my stainless bits :)

Daz5182
09-06-08, 11:42 AM
you have email.....

7ova
09-06-08, 10:28 PM
thanks for number anna!

hopefully i will have it built for santa pod 09

Deanes212
12-06-08, 10:03 PM
This is quite simply the best nova i have ever seen. You are the sort of person, i envy, i wish i had the time and patience to do something similar. Is it still for sale?

Anna
13-06-08, 08:31 AM
Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your comments. The car is now provisionally sold but if anything changes I will let you all know.

Thanks

Anna

Cormac
13-06-08, 04:18 PM
Stunning car, really is as good if not better than pics show!!

s14a
13-06-08, 08:13 PM
so much for you promising to get back to me...
thanks alot

what was wrong with my money? i told you to name your price and get

corsagsi22
13-06-08, 11:53 PM
so much for getting back to mE and giving me first refusal!!!

LOOKS LIKE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE GOT F%$£ED ABOUT!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stuart
14-06-08, 08:33 AM
Now now, No need to get petty.... people can sell to whoever they like.

corsagsi22
14-06-08, 11:36 AM
thats fair enough if your not involved......!!!

Stuart
16-06-08, 04:08 PM
Chill out (or leave)

If someone dosetn wish to sell to someone else thats their business. The ad did say the seller wanted it to goto a good home etc blah blah and I'm guessing thats where it went (Not saying you arent a good home but you should get the gist of it, and if not then dont have a rant at the seller or me)