PDA

View Full Version : M32 on a LET Nova

garethcolley
31-05-08, 12:36 AM
What is needed to fit an M32 onto an LET nova? My F20 is fine at the moment but when it does decide to pack in i might consider one of these over an F28 (Due to age). Is it a big job and how much cost would be involved?

Lee
31-05-08, 12:48 AM
Not heard of one being fitted to a LET offhand. Im pretty sure theyre cable operated though so it will be a trickier job than an F28.

I wouldnt be too worried about the age of F28's though, they can be easily freshened up, and theyre a strong box to start with.

Paul
31-05-08, 09:56 AM
m32 is a pig to fit in,let alone get working,so i've heard....

General Baxter
31-05-08, 09:58 AM
we all know it works the other way around, F20 bolts to a vxr engine lol

garethcolley
31-05-08, 12:49 PM
Ive heard of parts becoming difficult to get hold of for the F28?

Adam
31-05-08, 02:45 PM
Chris Astley is currently considering fitting on to his VXR engine, in his nova shell.
But he says you would need to hack away at the chassis etc to get it to fit.
So hes fitting a f28 iirc.

F28s are no rarer now than they ever were.
Parts/Boxes are still available.

Rick Draper
31-05-08, 03:10 PM
I wouldnt be too worried about the age of F28's though, they can be easily freshened up, and theyre a strong box to start with.

Sorry but other than syncros and the 2 diff bearings its nigh on impossible to get anything else for a F28. People cannot even get hold of main shaft bearings for them.

Adam
31-05-08, 03:28 PM
In all fairness, how often do the difficult to get hold of parts fail though?

Usually synchros/diff bearings that go?

Not that ive owned a f28, hence why im asking :)

Stuart
31-05-08, 03:53 PM
most components other than the synchros tend "not to go" and any half decent bearing suppiler can get you a suitable replacement should one that GM list not be available.

the M32 is a MASSIVE pain in the ass. One bloke on the VX forum fitted one to his vx220... needed different inner CV's (I'll ask him what the spline count was), a different clutch setup (again ill ask), fannying about with the cable shift operating differently to the F23 etc...

The F23 is a strong box, and easier/cheaper to get hold of.

actually thats a point...... The M32 fitted the 2.2 engine as the starter was in the same place. The LET starter is on the other side of the block, so you might be funked from the start on that little conversion

Jonlem
31-05-08, 05:23 PM
Find a good F28 and use that, Ricks not wrong, certain parts are NIL stock but if you get problems just replace the whole gearbox and you can still sell yours on for good money even if it crunches.

F28 is proven to take BIG power so I wouldn't risk using anything else

Rick Draper
31-05-08, 11:19 PM
People have been having problems with main shaft bearings as these seem to go before the diff bearings.

When you look at the big picture though a £300 F28 is disposable when your engine has cost you enough to blow one