PDA

View Full Version : Time for a re-shell?

SKoob
30-05-08, 11:00 PM
Hi people,

As some of you may be aware I have a mustard yellow SR which has been a wip since i can remember, due to lazyness and lack of funds :( Now due to the time its spent in a semi stripped state in a damp garage its deteriated quite alot, from poking around today i've seen the boot floor on both corners disintgrate, the back valance is rotten, both arches need replacing and even both outer sills :( i've got the panels to replace these items, all the chasis legs are completely solid as is the floor apart from the boot corners. Should i call it a day and get ready for a re-shell?

vaughanmc
30-05-08, 11:06 PM
Re-shell it

Aslong as the car you make turns out yellow as well :D

Rich
30-05-08, 11:12 PM
Got any pics? Seems a waste if you have all the stuff to do it, plus its a mustard yellow sr so you cant kill it!

Adam
30-05-08, 11:51 PM
Easy to fix if you can diy...
Depends how much you like the shell.

mikey14sr
31-05-08, 12:06 AM
If the legs and rest of the floor are mint fix it, if they're looking a bit scabby don't bother. Mine didn't look too bad a few years ago when I replaced all of what you're faced with, but since then it's had numerous repairs to the legs and front floor, I gave up when the rear towing eye and 8" of leg fell off though.

paul james
31-05-08, 09:05 AM
If you've got everything you need to fix it then you might aswell. If the other option is to scrap the shell, you should at least chop out the rusty sections to see more clearly what you have to deal with before deciding.

I really wish I had taken pics of mine when rebuilding it, the amount of rust was shocking, especially as it looked pretty much mint untill close inspection. The only places I hadn't needed to weld up were the roof and bonnet!. Perhaps pics of a really bad one before and after would have inspired more people who tend to think their nova is doomed when its totally fixeable.

AlexW
31-05-08, 09:47 AM
Dont scrap it, Give it too me lol

Seriourly though, Youve got the panels, My nova is worse, and ive seen many novas worse then what your saying repaired.

Dont Give Up!

Paul
31-05-08, 09:50 AM
jesus, heres a name from the past!

If you can DIY then do it yourself, if not reshell IMO.