PDA

View Full Version : Total Vauxhall Anniversary Stand

Cormac
30-05-08, 10:52 PM
Not sure if you all know but total vauxhall are having a special 25th anniversary stand at PV for the nova, They'll be 25 cars on show to show different styles through the years, my cars on it and i know of at least one other png members car being on it but any others??

Martin
30-05-08, 10:54 PM
Not sure if you all know but total vauxhall are having a special 25th anniversary stand for the nova, They'll be 25 cars on show to show different styles through the years, my cars on it and i know of at least one other png members car being on it but any others??

i kno most fo the cars that will be on it..:thumb:

Mike
30-05-08, 10:55 PM
Not sure if you all know but total vauxhall are having a special 25th anniversary stand for the nova??

Without sounding to rude, are you related to Albert Einstein at all?

Cormac
30-05-08, 10:56 PM
I seen Craig Greens name on an email i got about it, Oh and mark aswell, forgot about him so thats 2 ppl i know of!! Should be a nice display!

Jack
30-05-08, 11:58 PM
I will forever shun TV and the entire world of Novas if there aren't at least TWO saloons on that display.

ade
31-05-08, 12:01 AM
I'd be appauled if Joff wasnae on it or one of Keith's creations...

novacabrio
31-05-08, 12:05 AM
i'm on it, My old red SRI is on it aswell I belive? and Roystons Early mk1 SR

Adam
31-05-08, 12:06 AM
Think theres a few more off here on the tv stand too.

Joffs is definently one iirc

R1CH
31-05-08, 12:58 AM
Mines on there as well, showing a few battle scars !!

ste porter
31-05-08, 03:04 AM
tv are robbing some of our main stand attractions who do they think they are lol

Adam
31-05-08, 03:03 PM
TV were ASKING for people though who wanted to be on their stand.
I dont think they literally just picked out 25cars and said "your on our stand"

It certainly will be a good looking stand anyway :)

tom_beverley
31-05-08, 03:11 PM
It certainly will be a good looking stand anyway :)

Yeah baby! Still won't look as good as the PNG stand though lol

The excitement is kicking in now, I really can't wait for PV!

mikey14sr
31-05-08, 03:12 PM
I will forever shun TV and the entire world of Novas if there aren't at least TWO saloons on that display.

well there's definately one 4-door-loon that won't be there, cause it's not finished and he's taking a mk2 astra.

Royston
31-05-08, 07:38 PM
My SR will be there although I'm not:cry:

Here are a few pictures taken today, she's nearly finished;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/1297cc/DSCF2908.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/1297cc/DSCF2902.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/1297cc/DSCF2903.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/1297cc/DSCF2904.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/1297cc/DSCF2911.jpg

Will she do?

Still lots of cleaning and polishing to be completed:p

SGA33
31-05-08, 07:50 PM
lovely car there royston,not one of the usual novas i see when i am in darlo.;)

Royston
31-05-08, 07:52 PM
lovely car there royston,not one of the usual novas i see when i am in darlo.;)

Why thank you Sir;) she's been off the road for the last 10 years, MOT next Friday, although I think she'll be trailered to PVS;)

Rob
31-05-08, 08:27 PM

mines not going to make pv :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
but heres a photo so you can all remember herlol

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r121/novafusion69/xesaloon3.jpg

Cormac
31-05-08, 09:04 PM
Nice machine royston!

Im looking forward to it all now, should be a cracker!

Adam
31-05-08, 11:25 PM
That mk1 sr is cool as fooook :cool:

Cormac
10-06-08, 03:43 PM
very dissapointed with the supposed 'Anniversary Stand ' The cars were excellent but the organisation was pish, dougie was supposed to be organising it but i never once seen him the whole day, Total Vauxhall? Total Bollox more like it..

On a more positive note was very happy with the attention my car got, The mustard yellow sr was stunning, as was marks sbd'd machine and not to forgot the mint sport, to be fair they were all excellent, Just badly let down by total vauxhall..

rant over!

Lynsey
10-06-08, 04:10 PM
I spent the entire day with Dougie and we were over at the 25th Anniversary stand plenty of times. Unfortunately due to the ridiculous queues getting in, the cars were arriving very slowly and he was already delayed because we had also had trouble getting in so it was just impossible to wait around on the stand. Most people on the stand had managed to arrange the cars in a nice, neat display. His top had 'DOUGIE' on the back... Shame you missed him.

Anna
10-06-08, 04:39 PM
very dissapointed with the supposed 'Anniversary Stand ' The cars were excellent but the organisation was pish, dougie was supposed to be organising it but i never once seen him the whole day, Total Vauxhall? Total Bollox more like it..

On a more positive note was very happy with the attention my car got, The mustard yellow sr was stunning, as was marks sbd'd machine and not to forgot the mint sport, to be fair they were all excellent, Just badly let down by total vauxhall..

rant over!

Totally agree with your comments. I thought the organisation was really poor. There were some great cars there and a lot more could have been made of the stand. I lost track of the number of people that asked why the cars were there - even I was unsure if I had parked my car on the wrong stand as the only signs were the small A4 sheets tie wrapped to the fence!! Definietly could have been a lot better - and I never once saw anyone from TV!!

Lynsey
10-06-08, 04:46 PM
Read above^

Anna
10-06-08, 04:52 PM
Read above^

I did, I appreciate they were busy but still think they could have made a lot more of the stand.

Green16v
10-06-08, 04:55 PM
I was on there aswell and agree with what people are saying, the stand could have been loads better.

Cormac
10-06-08, 04:55 PM
I spent the entire day with Dougie and we were over at the 25th Anniversary stand plenty of times. Unfortunately due to the ridiculous queues getting in, the cars were arriving very slowly and he was already delayed because we had also had trouble getting in so it was just impossible to wait around on the stand. Most people on the stand had managed to arrange the cars in a nice, neat display. His top had 'DOUGIE' on the back... Shame you missed him.

Well i was one of the first 8 or so to be there and was there most of the day and no one from TV spoke to me, The stand (or lack of) was in a great location but other than the odd 25th Anniversary A4 print out here and there theyre was no signage to let anyone know why these novas were sitting there,

Anna
10-06-08, 04:59 PM
I should think the majority of people that visited the show that aren't 'nova fans' would have left the show having no idea that it was the cars 25th Anniversary or that the stand was there to celebrate it.

Lynsey
10-06-08, 05:05 PM
Look I'm not arguing or disagreeing with you, just explaining things.

I was expecting banners and some Nova history too, thought things were going to be very different. All of the choices don't come down to Dougie though you know.

Anna
10-06-08, 05:07 PM
Look I'm not arguing or disagreeing with you, just explaining things.

I was expecting banners and some Nova history too, thought things were going to be very different. All of the choices don't come down to Dougie though you know.

I don't think anyone is pointing the finger at any particular person, more poor organisation on the magazines behalf.

Lynsey
10-06-08, 05:15 PM
If people had let us past in the morning, he would have had an extra hour to organise the stand. I blame the ice cream men who kept blocking the road so we couldn't get past them... Couldn't they see the 'ORGANISER' pass in the window? :roll:

I don't know why there weren't any banners or that. I'm simply saying that Dougie was definately there on several occasions.

Ian
10-06-08, 05:20 PM
We are thinking of renaming the club to Cruise PNG, that way we may get a decent spec on the tarmac next year ;)

Lynsey
10-06-08, 05:24 PM
lol

That was a disgrace. Peugeots, Golfs and Saabs with their neons and funky bass lol Luckily that wasn't to do with Total Vauxhall :cool:

Ian
10-06-08, 05:36 PM
small vaux clubs with like 7 cars were given good spots there too.

Dougie_SRi
10-06-08, 05:52 PM
I was disappointed with the stand too in certain respects. I was hoping there would be some banners out, something to mark it up but there wasn't - we don't deal with that side of things though.

We got quite a few pictures of the cars throughout the day, but there weren't always people with the cars at the time.

I waited in the morning and spoke to some of the owners and got some photos but, as said, due to the queues there were hardly any cars and I had to move on to getting round the club stands in the hope that the owners would park up OK.

Not all the cars turned up either, which was disappointing.

My phone never stopped all day and Lynz and I must have covered the whole showground about three times. It's a mission to try and cover as much as possible in that short time, especially with the problems gettting in. Not that I'm complaining :D

Everyone on the 25th stand got two free tickets and a good spot for the cars out it, so hey. It wasn't so bad.

FWIW I did ask for the PNG to be put somewhere near the Nova display. I'll also mention to the events team in the show feedback report about the 'cruise' sites.

Cheers - Dougie

Martin
10-06-08, 08:51 PM
lol Revvdup only had 2! cars on show.. and they got a mahhhhhhhhhhoooooooooosive tarmac area

tbh pv was shate this year..

chatsworth rally next year anyone?

GRANT !!!
10-06-08, 08:58 PM

rant over!

mate i'm with you on that one mine was the van on so called stand loved all the cars on it, but what a let down!!

Lee
10-06-08, 09:07 PM
Have to agree, unfortunately the reputation of the show has been badly damaged in a lot of peoples eyes. i spoke to loads of people from various clubs, and they all said the same thing. I know that the weather the previous week didnt help, but I saw the plan for the layout before the changes and we were right at the back then as well.

As previously mentioned, no one would have known it was a special occasion for the Nova. We're trying our damndest to get to billing in an official capacity to make an effort to celebrate it properly, but thats out of our hands much as this show was.

We are a young club and are still learning. The lesson learned this year was 'dont believe a word your told from organisers as they lie through their teeth :)' Its obviously more important to be well established to have any grunt in getting good spots at these events. Notice all the clubs around our spot such as JOV, Corsa C's etc. All quite new clubs who obviously play second fiddle to clubs where the admin are in affiliation with TV, or the cars have massive sound systems / arn't vauxhalls.

Also to note, I know for a fact Dougie would have done his damndest to make the 25th stand look awesome if it was his responsibility. It wasn't and he's not to blame. The poor bloke had to be everywhere that day. Like my experience with the AA, dont blame the driver just because the company is useless lol

But finally, despite that, the show was awesome due to the friendlyness of members and the volume of cars on the stand, and Ill happily go again if we can recreate that next year. Wether there was a supposed 'vauxhall show' going on in the background wouldnt have made any difference IMO :)

John
10-06-08, 09:25 PM
I have to agree with cormac somewhat here (nice to chat to you fella, your car is stunning!) Imo the anniversary stand was poorly placed/advertised. i'm sure 95% on non nova afficionados wouldn't have guessed it was the 25th anniversary of the nova from it! even worse, none of the marshalls even knew where it was!
However i whole heartedly agree with you lee that if this was down to dougie it wouldn't have been as much of a let down as it was. I have to make it clear that in no way am i pointing the finger at him. There was an excellent selection of cars there that he had personally sorted. Perhaps it would have been better if it was linked to the tv stand?

I have to say i left the show this year with a really dis-heartened feeling, like i didn't want to return next year. Roll on billing!

Cormac
10-06-08, 09:26 PM
Everyone on the 25th stand got two free tickets and a good spot for the cars out it, so hey. It wasn't so bad.

lol quite a few of us on the stand had made a very long trip especially so a few free tickets hardly had any relevance.

But looking at the big picture this was only a small blip in an excellent first Pv for me.

Lynsey
10-06-08, 09:30 PM
I think next year is going to be very different and people shouldn't start counting themselves out just yet. Billing is going to be awesome, I'm going in Dougie's Cav so I don't even have to drive he he he lol

John
10-06-08, 09:41 PM
That's just how i felt on sunday evening, i'm sure i'll have changed my mind by then lynz!

Cormac
10-06-08, 09:45 PM
Cheers john, same goes for your green machine, the wheels are awesome!!

Apologies dougie if i vented my dissapointment at you early in this thread, as it was you i was in contact with about the stand i just assumed you were organising it!

mowgli
10-06-08, 09:46 PM
Just been on the pvs website. 2 things popped up that I was a little surprised about, considering everyones comments.

1. Novaload is still listed but not PNG, maybe they didn't realise we are one & the same......

2. It stated that it was a show purely for vauxhalls, so why were all of the other cars allowed in????????

I have only been to the pod once for a fireworks night thing, & I thought it was a badly laid out place, the access road is laughable, & the parking areas were dire. there were few amenities (shouse) & the event was badly run. I had to look after my 3 girls for the day on sunday, so I decided not to go. I will aim for billing though

Lee
10-06-08, 10:03 PM
I have only been to the pod once for a fireworks night thing, & I thought it was a badly laid out place, the access road is laughable, & the parking areas were dire. there were few amenities (shouse) & the event was badly run. I had to look after my 3 girls for the day on sunday, so I decided not to go. I will aim for billing though

The pods always been the same. I dread to think the amount of money they rake in on RWYB days and shows like this. I believe it was only last year they could be assed to paint the finish gantry. It used to look like it had been under the sea for decades lol

A few more toilet blocks and some more tarmac wouldnt go amiss, and i doubt would make a huge dent in their profit margin. They had enough money to increase the viewing stand though, so they could fit in more spectators!

A simple bridge over the **** end of the strip wouldnt go amiss either so you dont have to walk miles to get from one side to the other!

novacabrio
10-06-08, 10:03 PM
I think the whole show was pants from getting in to leaving, I spent 2 hours in the queue in the morning with idiots coming down the outside lane in who arent even traders. Then we get in and spent ages getting around the the stands.

I was on the phone to Ian Cruckshank on the saturday mornng and all he could say about the stand locations is that we'll try our best and yet nothing happend about locations as Lee said JOV, png Vectra C and Corsa sport all got shuved out the way in favor of Chavy clubs.

Then on the way out I asked the marshals why they couldnt use 2 lanes of trafic to help ease the flow and got 3 differnt reasons, Basicly if they were honest they're a bunch of retards who can't radio in an idea for control.

I will be attending next year no doubt but I don't think it'll be the event it once was.

vaughanmc
10-06-08, 10:09 PM
My dad had never been to the show and he even said it was murder getting in and out

Good banter like but where the good clubs were was un-real - Was it even in the grounds of Santa Pod lol

It was near enough a 1/4 mile away from everything else lol

Stuart
10-06-08, 10:10 PM
did vauxhall make any helicopters? that might be better for next year

sport
10-06-08, 10:15 PM
So the PV show has went the same way as TRAX, chav fest?

vaughanmc
10-06-08, 10:20 PM
All the good cars were away up the back for no-one to see

The 25th anniversary stand was the only good thing down the bottom end and it was all fenced off - Quite vague to get into

Ian
10-06-08, 10:23 PM
We heard people get to the end of the tarmac say "oh its only camping parking down there" and turn roud and head back.

novacabrio
10-06-08, 10:25 PM
So the PV show has went the same way as TRAX, chav fest?

Hit the nail on the head!

Lee
10-06-08, 10:26 PM
We heard people get to the end of the tarmac say "oh its only camping parking down there" and turn roud and head back.

Now THAT makes me fecking angry! :mad:

Jack
10-06-08, 10:40 PM
Utter shambles on the part of Santa Pod "organisers" IMO. I remember wandering round the hardstanding, looking for the 25th stand, only to then realise I was already standing IN it (no disrespect to Dougie as I'm sure he'd have gotten a good stand in order given half the chance). Lots of traders selling chavvy toss. Dan left me and Burgo in charge of directing cars as they arrived at the stand - we stood about for feck knows how long and all that turned up was three corsas every 10 minutes.

Getting out was a complete joke. The marshalls were trying to merge three lanes of traffic into one, when there was room to carry at least two lanes pretty much all the way - once we'd passed the merge point, traffic flowed with no restriction.

I've been to local shows that were better arranged, run, managed and marshalled than that! And as for it being the 25th anniversary of the Nova - who knew?! I really do think we (i.e. PNG) should hold our own event later in the year to mark the anniversary, as PVS missed the mark by a Dorset mile.

sport
10-06-08, 10:42 PM
Bring back the national day like the old PNG had?

Lynsey
10-06-08, 10:44 PM
I'm up for that ^ :D C'mon Lee, get on the case!

sport
10-06-08, 10:46 PM

So am i, just wish i had a finished nova.

Lynsey
10-06-08, 10:49 PM
Well mine has a major heart problem at the moment but hopefully we can find a donor very soon and get on with it :D

sport
10-06-08, 10:52 PM
Well mine has a major heart problem at the moment but hopefully we can find a donor very soon and get on with it :D

Mine has a serious flow problem......cash flow the worst type.

Lee
10-06-08, 11:02 PM

Oh this has been a plan since day 1 :)

We want to bulk the club up first with plenty of cars to make renting a venue worthwhile. :D

MARTIN KELSON
10-06-08, 11:05 PM
I always look forward to PV as generally its the first time out for my car after its winter hibernation.
After sitting in the shambles getting into the pod if i could have turned around i would of happily gone straight back home.
When i finally got in and directed to the stand i was on i almost needed my passport it was so far away!!
Utter sham the hole day.

I heard that there was going to be a 25th anniversary Nova stand and really dissapointed by the lack of banners etc.
I didnt even realise till later in the day that i had actually been on the stand.

The whole day was a let down and i fealt the need to leave at about 3.00 to miss the shambles of getting out as the stand was so far away.

I bet the JapShow there next Sunday is better organised!

Martin

Lynsey
10-06-08, 11:06 PM
Share some ideas then Lee :) I bet we can get as many cars as we had at PV.

Dan
10-06-08, 11:24 PM
some national day enquires are already in the system with emails sent out. This will be a club only thing obviously but we are aiming for maybe a 2 day thing for those that want to camp. More info will be in the club area in the next few days ;) :thumb:

As regards PV I initially wasnt to impressed for the same reasons as mentioned by everyone else, And in passing mentioned it to dougie. Although i did feel bad after as i could see he had probably had similar conversations or was just run ragged with his own agenda on the day. Yes it wasnt the best and yes it does make you wonder if its worth it again, But then i think back to how the stand turned out, and the whole social side of things which is what these shows are really about and from that aspect i have nothing to complain about at all.

Rick Draper
10-06-08, 11:35 PM
I bet the JapShow there next Sunday is better organised!

Nail on the head. I cannot help but feel this is cause the standards appreciated amongst the jap lads is higher and more people are willing to park **** box's in the car park and let the real show stoppers go on the stands :confused: Ok maybe not show stoppers but they accept there car is not show worthy so dont bother sticking it on a stand.

I cannot help but feel every **** with a nova, a cav or a astra no matter what state of build it is feels it deserves the right to be on a stand...

burgo
11-06-08, 12:19 AM
some national day enquires are already in the system with emails sent out. This will be a club only thing obviously but we are aiming for maybe a 2 day thing for those that want to camp. More info will be in the club area in the next few days ;) :thumb:

oooo i wanna know

Jack
11-06-08, 12:56 AM
Yes it wasnt the best and yes it does make you wonder if its worth it again, But then i think back to how the stand turned out, and the whole social side of things which is what these shows are really about and from that aspect i have nothing to complain about at all.
True, my only gripes are with the Santa Pod side of things - in terms of PNG as a club and the quality of the stand, things couldn't have been better.

I don't go for the Vauxhalls, I go for the social aspect. For me, the camping is more important than the show itself.

burgo
11-06-08, 12:58 AM
True, my only gripes are with the Santa Pod side of things - in terms of PNG as a club and the quality of the stand, things couldn't have been better.

I don't go for the Vauxhalls, I go for the social aspect. For me, the camping is more important than the show itself.here here, i only left the stand once and that was to go to find the 25th stand bit. bollocks to the rest of the ****ters lol

craig green
11-06-08, 09:52 AM
I have to say i left the show this year with a really dis-heartened feeling, like i didn't want to return next year. Roll on billing!

DITTO!

PV is almost the highlight of my year tbh, I like many look forward to it from the night I get home, for the next 12 months. This year I was quite downhearted & wasnt holding the same anticipation as normal due to my Nova not being ready, but this years PVS seemed like a really big show to me. It was clear the ground conditions played a part in the revised layout of the show. But it was a disappointment tbh. There was no evident organisation as to what was happening where. I actually came away wondering if I would bother again....

Great turnout by PNG members & cars though. Pats on the back all round. Thanks to Lee & Dan (+anyone else) involved in sorting our clubs presence.

One thing PVS 2008 has proved is that there is room in the show calendar for another all-Vauxhall show.

Martin
11-06-08, 03:12 PM
Lee's right JOV, and PNG seem'd to get the tickets/stand order in 1st of the bunch and get shoved to the ****ing back..

i'd of thought it would of been liek a 1st come 1st serve'd basis in way of which ever club gets the order's in 1st gets the best spot, no matter the clubs name/size/age etc..

oh well bring on billing

elgan
11-06-08, 04:15 PM
first id like to apologise to dan and lee. after eventually getting in, looking for a disabled parking spot and ending up being sent behind the grandstand, lee came to meet me with a png pass. after food i walked to find the stand, walked to the end of the tarmac and couldnt see png. im one who assumed the grassed area was a campsite and walked back to watch the strip and left my car where it was.

really disapointed with the show generally, compared to the first PV i went to all those years ago. show seems to be growing, but its soo unorganised its just chaos.

tom_beverley
11-06-08, 04:59 PM
Show seems to be growing, but its soo unorganised its just chaos.

Agreed, more so especially this year unfortunately.

But hey, theres plenty more shows to come :)

CP
11-06-08, 05:29 PM
Santa Pod is Santa Pod and will always be so.

The root of its problems stem from the fact that although it has a "professional" business in running it, it is still part controlled and run by the same family interests that have always been running it. They, to put it politely, have their own quirky way of running things :roll: To anyone else's eyes its often shambolic quite a lot of the time and they just don't seem to twig when the **** hits the fan. For instance if a big show is planned why is there no routine police presence on the cross road entrance, no signs saying no double queueing on the road in etc etc etc.

If they haven't worked out how to sort basic stuff like that out yet I really cant see it changing TBH. To be fair they are trying to improve things - there quite a bit of tarmac gone down the last year or 2.

Best thing if its too much of a pain is to change venue?

Lee
11-06-08, 05:34 PM
I cannot help but feel every **** with a nova, a cav or a astra no matter what state of build it is feels it deserves the right to be on a stand...

Fourtunately, we feel that every member who is in the club has a right to join in the club stand, regardless of their car.

Lynsey
11-06-08, 08:00 PM
:roll: No one cares what you think Rick.

Our stand had a great variety of Novas on display which gave the perfect representation of our club. There wasn't a single car which I thought shouldn't have been on it :thumb:.

Rick Draper
11-06-08, 08:12 PM
:roll: No one cares what you think Rick.

I know and thats the problem. I remember the days of quality on stands at shows, now its a free for all seen as you have to pay to be a member. Anyhow i have a cunning plan for next year.....

Lynsey
11-06-08, 08:20 PM
People have different opinions. For example I have been told by one person that mine was one of his favorites of the whole show, other people may have thought it was crap (although I doubt it- I has style ;) lol).

ste
11-06-08, 08:26 PM
If people had let us past in the morning, he would have had an extra hour to organise the stand. I blame the ice cream men who kept blocking the road so we couldn't get past them... Couldn't they see the 'ORGANISER' pass in the window? :roll:

should have spent less time shagging and got there earlier :thumb:

Lynsey
11-06-08, 08:28 PM
Nothing to do with being mashed the night before- honest!

novacabrio
11-06-08, 08:28 PM
should have spent less time shagging and got there earlier :thumb:

You Jealous?

Welcome back!

Lynsey
11-06-08, 08:31 PM
Course he's jealous, who wouldn't wanna do Dougie? :p

novacabrio
11-06-08, 08:44 PM
Course he's jealous, who wouldn't wanna do Dougie? :p

LOL lol I just coughed my tea back up! He isn't my type but Rick and Dougie make an excellent couple

Rick Draper
11-06-08, 08:45 PM
LOL lol I just coughed my tea back up! He isn't my type but Rick and Dougie make an excellent couple

lol lol Ste and Lynz can keep him!

Cormac
11-06-08, 10:39 PM
What have i started?? dear goodness..

Have Total Bollox anything planned for Billing??

Nova_Spider
11-06-08, 10:41 PM
I know and thats the problem. I remember the days of quality on stands at shows, now its a free for all seen as you have to pay to be a member. Anyhow i have a cunning plan for next year.....

I kinda agree with Rick, I'm glad the spider wasnt ready! The whole event was a joke!:(

A PNG national day at Billing/VOBA would be good. :)

MARTIN KELSON
11-06-08, 10:51 PM
Nail on the head. I cannot help but feel this is cause the standards appreciated amongst the jap lads is higher and more people are willing to park **** box's in the car park and let the real show stoppers go on the stands :confused: Ok maybe not show stoppers but they accept there car is not show worthy so dont bother sticking it on a stand.

I have to agree with Rick on this one.
Firstly all Nova's i saw WERE deserving a place on any a club stand.
When i was queing inside the pod to get to the club some of the chavaliers & Astras around me were totually sh1t boxes.
One was being towed by the exually ruff Astra infront by a ratchet strap, one being pushed, another hand painted black non fitting bodykit on a Chavalier. Just rubbish and should not be allowed into the show area and bring it all down.
Each to their own on styling but if your car wont even start and the traffic is chaos, leave it in the public carpark!!

Jack
11-06-08, 11:02 PM
Fourtunately, we feel that every member who is in the club has a right to join in the club stand, regardless of their car.

+ rep for lee.

Rick, I can understand your viewpoint, of course we'd love to see a stand full of minty fresh novas with no rust. Unfortunately, thats not representative of the club, and a lot of people have their cars as daily drives so are unable to keep them looking like they just rolled out the factory - bear in mind Novas are getting on a bit now, so most will show signs of aging. I think the fact we had a large turnout is testament to how the members are willing to show their cars and support the club as best they can.

Rick Draper
11-06-08, 11:19 PM
+ rep for lee.

Rick, I can understand your viewpoint, of course we'd love to see a stand full of minty fresh novas with no rust. Unfortunately, thats not representative of the club, and a lot of people have their cars as daily drives so are unable to keep them looking like they just rolled out the factory - bear in mind Novas are getting on a bit now, so most will show signs of aging. I think the fact we had a large turnout is testament to how the members are willing to show their cars and support the club as best they can.

Like i said i was not commenting on the standards of cars from here, i was commenting on the whole vauxhall scene and the way it seems to be traveling. I have little interest to traveling to a show like PV anymore, after the show of 2005 it kind of put me off.

Lee
12-06-08, 08:39 AM
I agree from that viewpoint, the main thing that got on my tits was the fact its supposed to be the main Vauxhall show of the year and a load of non vaux specific ''clubs'' had prime spots in the show. Especially having the DB drag stand right in the fecking middle. I for one was not interested in seeing a beaten up nissan attempt to vibrate all its trim panels off.

Im pretty confident if we requested a stand at GTi International, we would be laughed at in our face.

dan16v
12-06-08, 09:53 AM
I can never get my head around why someone with a non vauxhall specific car would want to turn up to a show called performance vauxhall:confused:
Im sure ive seen a picture of a subaru on the 1/4er mile from the day aswell? im sure people like this turn up just to stir! annoys me!.

Rick Draper
12-06-08, 10:33 AM
Out of interest who is the main organiser of PV? I am sure its not just this club that feels the same about this situation so why not get a few of the larger clubs together and go have a moan at them? If the mass's are not happy then something needs saying.

Dod
12-06-08, 10:36 AM
WOW!!!

I just read this from start to finish and I gotta say, I'm sorta shocked.

Cormac, i know how you feel about the whole thing. I felt the same at Billing 2 years ago. Spent 14hrs getting there, had some major issues on the way as well, landed over and introduced ourselves and pretty much ignored the rest of the time. It'd have helped if people appreciated the effort you made. Well done NI Lads, (dont think there was any ROI lads there?)

Rexy
12-06-08, 10:48 AM
it's only cas nobody can understand you :P

Dod
12-06-08, 10:53 AM
LMAO!! I got that a lot as well, but even so, Martin (top bloke he is) spent as much time as possible with us, he really made the effort which made all the difference.

j3nfx
12-06-08, 11:06 AM
Awww our nova was on it this stand too ... the other mk1 sr ... royston you must be twinny ha ha I got very excited to see another one there too! x

craig green
12-06-08, 11:19 AM
I fully understand that Total Vauxhall themselves dont actually organise much of the show, its more of an event which helps bolster the overall sales of their products (along with the other shows they put on) etc.

I just think the PVS show format is old-hat & SANTA POD isnt the only place it can be held. Why is drag racing the be-all & end-all of Vauxhall car shows.

If it was held at a circuit & based on a track day format, it would make such a refreshing change, though TRAX is run that way, SIlverstone like POD is pretty crap for finding your way around.

Also the 3 main events in our show calendar are all hosted within about 20 miles of each other. It gets boring driving to Northampton every fecking time!

Stuart
12-06-08, 11:24 AM
It would appear the "best" club to use for leverage is vxonline.... but then again they got pretty much the best spot so they probably have no complaints to make..... she must suck cock well, I might take lessons lol

dhdev (Oli)
12-06-08, 11:46 AM
she must suck cock well, I might take lessons lol

Ah don't beat yourself up stu, I'm sure you can suck cock like the best of them :gay:

Dod
12-06-08, 12:03 PM
Also the 3 main events in our show calendar are all hosted within about 20 miles of each other. It gets boring driving to Northampton every fecking time!

Why not come over here??

There arent any official Vauxhall/Opel shows as yet but I'm sure I could organise something. We had a couple in recent years, had an attendance of approximately 50 motors. Not bad for a Pub Car park. But there are other events such as the Donegal International Rally that attract HUGE numbers of people. Its starting off tonight and we've got people coming from all over the country in all sorts of Vauxhalls and Opels, and this year, I'm expecting a HUGE Nova attendance.

Jeff16v
12-06-08, 12:55 PM
Ah don't beat yourself up stu, I'm sure you can suck cock like the best of them :gay:

LMFAOlol

Adam
12-06-08, 03:56 PM
I can never get my head around why someone with a non vauxhall specific car would want to turn up to a show called performance vauxhall:confused:
Im sure ive seen a picture of a subaru on the 1/4er mile from the day aswell? im sure people like this turn up just to stir! annoys me!. There was loads of none vauxhalls both on stands, and doing 1/4 miles.
I saw several Audi's, 106 gti's, saxos,bmw's,imprezas,fiats etc there, and even a METRO, and they were all doing drag runs etc. :confused:

Any non vaux should have access to the public car park only IMO, and not be allowed on a stand/ 1/4 etc(obviously its different if its a tow car or something). Its daft really, call it a VAUXHALL show, and it ends up just like any normal rwyb day.

Lynsey
12-06-08, 05:34 PM
Why not come over here??

There arent any official Vauxhall/Opel shows as yet but I'm sure I could organise something. We had a couple in recent years, had an attendance of approximately 50 motors. Not bad for a Pub Car park. But there are other events such as the Donegal International Rally that attract HUGE numbers of people. Its starting off tonight and we've got people coming from all over the country in all sorts of Vauxhalls and Opels, and this year, I'm expecting a HUGE Nova attendance.

Oh my god, I'd be so excited to go over to Ireland! :D
Just the cost would put too many people off :(

Lee
12-06-08, 05:40 PM
As mentioned, i would imagine the only clubs willing to complain about it will be the ones who were stuffed out of the way in the first place. We weren't listened to then, why would we be now?

Ian
12-06-08, 05:43 PM
Oh my god, I'd be so excited to go over to Ireland! :D

you wouldn't be by the cost of the ferry, the hassle getting up steep ramps with a lowered car, the poor roads over there. never again

Lynsey
12-06-08, 05:47 PM
You had a bad experience then Ian? lol
I don't know, maybe Dougie could get a Vectra VXR estate and his work could pay for stuffs lol
No- I don't think it'd work but I do want to go to Ireland cos I've never been and if I'm going it might as well be when there is a show/ meet :p
My Nova didn't even make it back to Manchester so I doubt we will be getting across there any time soon :( And if the roads are ghey I'm not using me 'good' steelies!

Ian
12-06-08, 06:46 PM
the only good use for steelies is to prop the car up when changing the engine or similar :p

draper
12-06-08, 06:48 PM
the only good use for steelies is to prop the car up when changing the engine or similar :p

lol

+rep

Lynsey
12-06-08, 10:11 PM
Not my steelies, they are :p mmmmmm pie!

Jack
13-06-08, 01:09 AM
If you had it enabled, I'd be giving you rep for that comment lol

Lynz has pie wheels? If they're euro style that would be 56paj wheels.

Ian
13-06-08, 01:36 AM
If you had it enabled, I'd be giving you rep for that comment lol

Lynz has pie wheels? If they're euro style that would be 56paj wheels.
but then you would give neg for my comments on saloons lol

Dod
13-06-08, 08:47 AM
Theres no steep ramps on a Ferry??

As for the roads, we all manage with Lowered cars on 17" and bigger, the main roads are great, just back and country roads.

IIRC 2 years ago, TV was in Northern Ireland and after getting in contact with them, they wouldnt carry on 20 minutes down the road to Letterkenny (ROI) to see our motors, of which I'd lined up quite a few, incl V6 Astra, Cav mk2 LET AUTO and a load of Old school Kadettes and Asconas.... It really put me off the mag!!

But as sadi, anyone looking to come over, gimme a shout!!

Ian
13-06-08, 11:34 AM

As for the roads, we all manage with Lowered cars on 17" and bigger, the main roads are great, just back and country roads.

IIRC 2 years ago, TV was in Northern Ireland and after getting in contact with them, they wouldnt carry on 20 minutes down the road to Letterkenny (ROI) to see our motors, of which I'd lined up quite a few, incl V6 Astra, Cav mk2 LET AUTO and a load of Old school Kadettes and Asconas.... It really put me off the mag!!

There bloody was on the Holyhead one I went on last time, was a nightmare getting on and off.
Roads were poor for me once you got off the motorways up in monaghan.
Maybe they didnt have insurance to visit a different country?

Dod
13-06-08, 11:51 AM
Its possible, but i never got any excuse other than the very short email saying "We're only going to Northern Ireland. If you'd like your car featured, come to us"

Rrrrriiiigggghhhhtttt!!!

mowgli
13-06-08, 12:21 PM
as vauxhall aren't officially sold in Eire, because of some strange anti british marketing decision, why would a Vauxhall mag go there??

Jack
13-06-08, 12:59 PM
Last time I read TV (which to be fair was some time ago), they did used to cover (read: briefly mention) a fair bit of European stuff.

Aamir
13-06-08, 01:58 PM
Why is drag racing the be-all & end-all of Vauxhall car shows.

Exactly why i've moved away from most vaux forums now. I'm more into the euro & dub scene now.

Call me Superficial :roll:

craig green
13-06-08, 02:05 PM
The comment was implying that the whole experience could be extended to a circuit. TRAX seems to work at Silverstone, despite my dislike for the place. Its too hard to find your way around.

I think I'll go to the ring instead of PV next year.

Dougie_SRi
13-06-08, 02:34 PM

Not fair mate, we were fully booked for shoots in Ni the whole week before heading out, and arranged a meet at Portrush (attended by cars from ROI) which was a success.

We came back over to Ireland earlier in the year and tried our best to get feature cars out the woodwork, but only ended up getting one Nova and the drift day at Bishopscourt. The cost of this was substantially more than when we went to Germany for five days!

We're fully committed to doing more stuff in both parts of Ireland, provided we can find/arrange the cars/features. We've just booked in a rolling road day in Ireland too. As it stands, we're still looking for someone in Ireland working at a freelance motoring journalist as this would help greatly. :)

Dougie_SRi
13-06-08, 02:39 PM
Regards the show: Barton and I have been telling anyone who will listen over the past week about the problems and concerns people have had about the show, relating to the, muddy ****hole of a campside, location of some stands and the absolute nightmate that is getting in and out of Santa Pod.

We aren't involved in where the stands are located. We wanted the 25 Novas adjacent to the Total Vauxhall stands and asked for both PNG (and JoV) to be positioned somewhere prominent.

The show attendance was 12,300. Ford Fair at Silverstone got about 2000 more last year. I think that's indication we deserve the same venue for '09 :)

Jim
13-06-08, 02:47 PM
The show attendance was 12,300. Ford Fair at Silverstone got about 2000 more last year. I think that's indication we deserve the same venue for '09 :)
Provided the entrance/club costs are similar to Santa Pod, The Performance Vauxhall Show at Silverstone would be MUCH better. The facilities, the logistics, the organisation are miles ahead of Santa Pod.

Actually, would it be worth speaking to other venues like Rockingham perhaps? There calender probably won't be as packed as Silverstones and there facilities are just as good, if not better.

Lee
13-06-08, 06:00 PM
I would vote Donnington as a better location as its more central, plus I would imagine their fees wont be anywhere near as inflated as Silverstone.

Dougie, we know you guys were not to blame for all the problems, and you know how much I appreciate the stuff you've done for us in the past mate :) Just a shame that the show wasnt organised by people with their finger on the pulse.

Dod
13-06-08, 07:56 PM
Dougie, I appreciate what you're saying, but I did contact someone in TV with details of Cars for features. I think it may have been you we spoke to 2 years ago at Billing? My mate had his LET Automatic Cav Mk2? Surely thats worth a feature? We had masses of Opels and Vauxhalls lined up and me being the general Rep for ROI for many clubs, everyone came to me asking why TV didnt attend, I did get in touch, I did list the Cars, locations and even offered anything else that would have made yout trip easier. I got the above reply as mentioned in my previous thread.

Mowgli, Opels were sold in Ireland, Vauxhalls in Northern Ireland. They've been imported and exported through bouth countries. Also, Total Vauxhall have featured MANY Opels in the past as well.

Lynsey
13-06-08, 07:58 PM
Dougie- My washing machine has broken :(... That is YOUR fault too!

Sorry, just thought I'd jump on the bandwagon :witch:

As everyone seems to be having a go :confused: :tosser: :roll:

Dar
13-06-08, 08:04 PM
Dougie - I heard that Hitler was your fault!
I also have a very sore throat....YOU!

Rick Draper
13-06-08, 08:09 PM
Yup and while we are dougie hunting can you book brunters for the day for me and rob and you can have a feature on his spider and my turbos seen as it was your fault my turbo blew up last time lol. Otherwise we will hunt you down! lol.

Ian
13-06-08, 08:13 PM
Yup and while we are dougie hunting can you book brunters for the day for me and rob and you can have a feature on his spider and my turbos seen as it was your fault my turbo blew up last time lol. Otherwise we will hunt you down! lol.
He has just been on the phone to me, says which year 2010 or 2011?

Rick Draper
13-06-08, 08:16 PM
He has just been on the phone to me, says which year 2010 or 2011?

lol C\/nt. If we aim for 2011 then they could have a feature on your car as well lol

The Simps
13-06-08, 08:40 PM
with not having a car to display this year I rolled up at midday and went straight in which was a pleasant change.

I was eager to see Shaun's mustard yellow sr on the TV stand as I'd painted some bolts the night before and wanted to see them in daylight. We went to the TV stand and there wasn't a nova in sight!

After walking past A LOT of mk4 astra's & astra vxr we did get to the png stand etc. I had to phone up Shaun and ask where he was as we'd felt we'd cover the whole show and couldn't find them.

joff-turbo-nova
13-06-08, 10:37 PM
After reading all the comments about this years PVS i thought I would give my 2p's worth.

Thanks to Dougie for the free tickets and pass - most appreciated.
I fully appreciate that Barton, Dougie & the Total Vauxhall had little input into the organisation of the event at Santa Pod, especially the revised plans due to the weather, BUT if this is the best Santa Pod can offer would this event be best held elsewhere???
Organisation of the entry of the vehicles was a complete joke - plenty of girls on the turnstiles but no where for the cars to go.
Going out was as bad
Complete lack of understanding on where to locate the club stands
Allowing non-vauxhall cars better positioning
Complete lack of either signage or the understanding of the significance of the 25 years of the nova by the organisers.There are plenty central England motorsport sites which would be happy to support a show I'm sure - places like Mallory Park - Leicestershire , Shakespear County dragstrip Warwickshire, Rockingham Raceway Northants and dare I say it Donnington Park , Derbyshire (and not at the same time as Donny Show).

Historically I have always enjoyed PVS from the "fun" camping to the general excellent display of Vauxhall/Opel cars however this year I left feeling quite disappointed. The highlight of the day was my full english at 6:45am at the B&B I was staying at !!! (too old for the camping lark!)

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm not attending next year but a different venue would be appreciated.

Joff

Dod
13-06-08, 10:50 PM
Ok, I appoligise. I suppose I'm just blowing off steam as I was pretty miffed, and that aside, it was completely off topic. Sorry Doug...

burgo
13-06-08, 11:20 PM
i say rockingham for the win. just because its even closer than pod lol

novacabrio
13-06-08, 11:30 PM
We aren't involved in where the stands are located. We wanted the 25 Novas adjacent to the Total Vauxhall stands and asked for both PNG (and JoV) to be positioned somewhere prominent.

The organisers couldn't of put either club any further away!

I was on the phone to Ian Cruckshank on the Saturday morning asking about conditions and about JOV's poor spot, he told me at that moment in time no one had a spot due to conditions they had to rearrange it all, Itsnice to see they put alot of effort into it!

Its not down to the TV staff to organise the stands, how ever Future publishings events team should be seriously looked at. Everyone (with maybe one or 2 exceptions) I have spoke to about the event have all said the same things about poor organisation. Last yearwas a wash out aswell. They need a back up plan or a venue with more hard standing!

Donnington, Silverstone or Rockingham would all be welcomed by me!

Lee
13-06-08, 11:45 PM
I was on the phone to Ian Cruckshank on the Saturday morning asking about conditions and about JOV's poor spot, he told me at that moment in time no one had a spot due to conditions they had to rearrange it all, !

I dont know about you Mark, but i saw the original stand plan, and it wasnt any better on that either. Someone even had the nerve to write on the notes section of the list next to PNG (or should I say 'Performance Nova Owners :roll: ).. 'good spot, centre of show', and it was at the back and furthest away bar a few smaller clubs who were right on the access road, opposite NL's stand last year. I dont believe you were even placed at that point!

EDIT i dont want to sound snobby about not being at the forefront, but this was supposed to be the 25th anniversary, and Dan did a lot of legwork to make it a great bash, and it would appear was just fed a lot of bull**** to make him shut up.

It was a shame. Im just gald we made up for it as a club :)

novacabrio
14-06-08, 12:00 AM
Yes I seen a plan. We got our booking in 2nd out of all the clubs (Confirmed to Craig over the phone), we even got asked where did we want to be? Hard stand or Grass, we chose grass and we ended up with a shocking pitch. I guess its not what you know, what you show or who you are, more a case of how far out the ****s of the organisers you want to hang. I'll be encouraging our members to buy baseball caps, burburrys clothes etc and fit big stereos. Then we may get a crackin spot.

As you said, because we are making a fuss and are showing our frustration then we'll probably be the ones to suffer again next year.

There is always feilds and feilds of VXRs aswell that are placed in prime spot. Can't be ****d with them bits of sh1t either. Nice cars but once you've seen one you've seen them all, usualy Hardon Blue with 19s or some owners are brave enoughto change their wheels.

If I wanted to go look at VXRs i'd of either gone into work on sunday or i'd arrange a sight seeing tour of Vauxhalls import compund at Tees port on Monday morning.

The organisers must feel this is what people want to see, Chavs with big stereos and cars which you can take a trip to your local dealers to see, not cars which are rarely spotted on the roads these days.

Lee
14-06-08, 12:06 AM
I guess its not what you know, what you show or who you are, more a case of how far out the ****s of the organisers you want to hang. .

Amen to that.

IIRC i heard one such club (whos admin also happens to be Future staff) was giving space away to adjoining stands because they had too much lol

Copout of the highest order.

John
14-06-08, 08:17 AM
Amen to that.

IIRC i heard one such club (whos admin also happens to be Future staff) was giving space away to adjoining stands because they had too much lol

Copout of the highest order.

What a ***king joke.