PDA

View Full Version : Twin XE'd Saloon

poultergeist
30-05-08, 05:46 PM
I want to build a twin XE'd Nova Saloon,I want it so that both engines can be running and make it 4WD,or just have one of the engines running to make it FWD or RWD.
Is this possible?
If so,do we know of anyone that could do that for me?!

paul james
30-05-08, 06:01 PM
you want someone to build the whole thing for you? if so I hope you've got a lot of spare cash!

mikey14sr
30-05-08, 06:12 PM
There's legal wrangles regarding the running of 2 individual engines on the public highway too.

I'd decide if it was rwd or 4wd that you want first, then go out and buy a car that has what you want as standard.

Adam
31-05-08, 02:48 PM
If so,do we know of anyone that could do that for me?!
Lol, its not something a corner street garage would tackle.

No where would really do it for TBH, unless you paid them some serious cash.

Something thats never/hardly ever been done before involved a lot of diy fabrication etc, which is where the expense would come from.

mowgli
31-05-08, 11:30 PM
as always its trying to synchronise the gearboxes for both cars, then if one engine is down on power, the handling goes to pot.....

Also, sticking an engine in the back sort of makes it impossible to get the fuel tank & exhaust to fit for the front engine.........

Also the spend to get a 300+hp 4wd saloon roadworthy would be a damned site more than getting an Evo or an Imprezza. & you would only get 2 seats

just vaux trev
31-05-08, 11:41 PM
There's legal wrangles regarding the running of 2 individual engines on the public highway too.

I'd decide if it was rwd or 4wd that you want first, then go out and buy a car that has what you want as standard.

sorry but yawn boring
get it done

The Simps
01-06-08, 09:54 AM
try chris astley mate if you're serious, sure he would do it. www.chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk (http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk)

Nobby
01-06-08, 10:26 AM
or try the griffin centre by me in the west midlands you would find there number in the yellow pages but like said your going to need some serious wedge :D

mikey14sr
01-06-08, 10:32 AM
sorry but yawn boring
get it done

Maybe to some, but when you've seen the amount of work and time it takes to do something like this to a good standard of workmanship and quality, and realised how much it'll cost if you dont have the facilities, tools and skills to do it yourself, you have to ask yourself if it's really worth doing to an old little nova, when there are other cars freely available for the same money or less that have had millions if not billions worth of researching and testing thrown at them.

I'd love to build a spaceframe chassis to drop a nova body over and have mid engine-rwd or front engine rwd/4wd, but I don't have the space to build it.