Pie or pasty? Discuss......

:microwav:

carltoncrazy
11-09-02, 08:37 PM
wot da fcuk

Phil_G
11-09-02, 08:39 PM
Hi,

Dan from Chat is Novaloads Resident Pie expert so I will hand this thread over to him and his knowledge.

Phil :lol:

Dan
11-09-02, 08:43 PM
BOTH, but with chips and peas and gravy etc etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Phil_G
11-09-02, 08:47 PM
hi,

lol.. quality.....

see the mans immense waist ( i mean Knowledge of course....)

Phil

jon_boy
11-09-02, 08:52 PM
well as you will see in my argument both have a lot going for them and i feel that both has its positive points.
I shall start with the pie. the pie has the first plus that it comes in a larger variety of flavours and you can buy almost any kind of pie you want. it can please any taste. also it is multi functional as it can be used for dinner as a savoury main course ie steak and ale pie, or for a desert, ie apple pie.
also with a pie the pillings nearly always go right to the edge, and there is of course the bonus that pie's are in general bigger and more satisfying wen very hungry.
however pasties are a small yet strangely filling snack suitable for almost any time of the day and due to the small nature and complete sealing of the insides can be a handy snack opposed to a pie where if u just want a snack u have to slice it. then its gets messy. however pasties do not come in the same variety of flavours and are very limited in flavours usually a simple meat and potatoe, or the vegetarian (EVIL) option of summin and cheese. but why change something that tastes so great?
however the fillings never go up to the edge and there is simply too high a pastry to filling mix, which in my opinion makes pie the winner.

the end

Phil_G
11-09-02, 09:01 PM
However,

pasties are a lot easier to consume without resorting to the use of cutlery.... Due to an inherent design fault in pies, ( especially when hot) If I attempt to eat them i end up covered in flakes of pastry and Gravy all over my hands...

thus the pastie is best

phil

locky
11-09-02, 09:40 PM
PIES
Fill me rite up, 2 much pastry thus making me feel ill, filling is good as theres lots of it!

PASTIES
Very nice, easy to consume, make me fart more than i usually do!

Overall-Pasties win!

Alex
11-09-02, 10:36 PM
pies however are a bit more manly...

Phil_G
11-09-02, 10:42 PM
would you care to expand on that point?

Phil

Alex
11-09-02, 10:47 PM
if you say to your missus im going down the shop with the lads for pie it sounds good. However if say you are going down the shops for a small pasty slice it sounds girly.

p.s and you can shout at her "Hey bitch get back in that kitchin and make me some pie"
ONLY JOKING :D

Phil_G
11-09-02, 11:12 PM
lol

fair point but i still maintain that Pasties are an omni situation food stuff

Phil

Ben (lurk75)
11-09-02, 11:33 PM
Chicken and mushroom anytime :!:

Tilly
12-09-02, 12:30 AM
pies

dave.gsi
12-09-02, 12:47 AM
pasties

wisewood
12-09-02, 10:29 AM
Now this is a good question.
Pies or Pasties? hmmmmm...

Well to be honest I think it all depends on what is to be eaten with it.

On it's own as a snack the pasty wins hands down as pies can be messy and most do not taste good cold.
However, when served up with a nice plate of chips and veg, a pie look much better than a pasty.

I htink I would have to say pies are the best as they are so much more versatile with fillings etc but you just can't beat a nice ginsters pasty from a service station on a long drive.

dave.gsi
12-09-02, 12:00 PM
and when eating a pastie no fucker starts singing who ate all the pies, u fat bastard etc etc

RobIsGrt18
12-09-02, 04:34 PM
PUKKA PIE'S !!!!!! :lol:

wisewood
12-09-02, 04:38 PM
an ex girlfriend of mine would not eat anything from a chip shop if the chip shop did not sell pukka pies - even if she was having sausage chips and peas... she would still not buy from somewhere that did not sell pukka pies - "ITS NOT A PROPER CHIP SHOP!!!" she would yell...

STUPID COW!!!

:D

Cara
12-09-02, 04:38 PM
pasty barms!!! :lol:

jon_boy
12-09-02, 09:13 PM
but think wot goes better with ice cream, apple pie, or pasty. but i do love pasties.......its a tough one...

Alex
13-09-02, 10:22 AM
i have added a pole to see which is voted the best pastry product

wisewood
13-09-02, 10:30 AM
oh well if we are going into the whole pastry field - a discusiion on the pro's and con's of sausage rolls would be good... :D

dave.gsi
13-09-02, 03:37 PM
hmmmmm, theres a thought.

sausage rolls....hot or cold

Alex
13-09-02, 03:58 PM
cold - always
But then again they dont compare to pies or pastys :)

Tilly
13-09-02, 05:23 PM
Yeah they do i love sausage rolls

ade
13-09-02, 06:53 PM
this is where England and Scotland are divided...

:o

U c in Scotland the word "pie" is used to describe an idiot or when you do something stupid - e.g - for fu cks sake ya pie!

Scottish people are experts when it comes to pies, pasties and the infamous "bridie" - then theres the scotch pie, scotch egg and "lorne sausage" - better known as a slice. Not forgetting the infinate array of black , white and spiced puddings.

All deep fried of course!

I Edinburgh you NEVER get vinegar - just "sauce" a strange mix of vinegar and brown/red sauce. In Glasgow you never get salt unless you ask for it but vinegar is given automatically.

Getting fish n chips is called "going for yer messages!" (so is going to sainsburys!)

Strangely I actually visited a Greggs the other day and out of what they had left I purchased a mince and onion pie (warmish), a cornish pasty (luke warm) and a sausage roll (warmish). Each was passed to me in seperate bags.

On the greese front, the saugsage roll soaked the bag, followed closely by the mince & onion pie but on the crumbs front the cornish pastie won hands down on mess!

My lass wasnt impressed as she doesnt eat any of them (she's on a diet) and all the crumbs and greese were wiped/dropped on her cars seats!

lol!

Like I'd ever eat such food in MY car!

As for favourites - has to be a pasty for maximum mess but if going to a chip shop has to be a pie.

Ade

Phil_G
13-09-02, 11:23 PM
glad to see the pasties are winning -

:P

Phil

dave.gsi
15-09-02, 10:36 PM
oh yes 4-2

come on u pasties lol

AphiD
16-09-02, 12:19 PM