PDA

View Full Version : dimma cap or not?

mols1.2i
11-09-02, 06:27 PM
should i get a dimma cap or not? and what wheels r the best 2 get ? i no theres loads out there and u will prob say get what ever ones u like the best but its 2 hard 2 pick a set !! plz give me sum ideas!! ade where u get ur wheels from?

Ben (lurk75)
11-09-02, 06:41 PM
right the dimma cap is a bit of barsteward to fit thats why people normally just get the novatech ones as there straight replacements and look ok.

as for wheels steer clear of momo as the offset is to far out try to get above et45 (wolfrace arent that bad on et42) some popular makes are, mille migilia, compomotive, technomasigia (spelling?) try irmscher (from vaux) speedline and i think dare are vaux friendly as well.

any wheel will fit but some are hard to get on, stay away from renault wheels (lpots try them as cheap ideas but they are a bad fit)

Look in th gallery and see what other people use and what they look like on the cars.

I think Ade got his off his mates old car :?:

let us know what you decide on

Mr Dan
11-09-02, 06:52 PM
I think 5 spokes suit the Nova better than most other alloy styles. There's hundreds to choose from, 15" - 17". Have a look in the galleries on here to see which ones look best, the description of mods will tell you what they are. Then just look for places on the web or in mags that do the ones you like.

I reckon you need to get some sort of fuel cap to replace the standard, crap one and Dimmas seem pretty popular as they do look miles better.

yela_nova_rob
12-09-02, 09:35 AM
I got a dimma 1, just a cover had to modify the orginal plastic cover to make it fit but looks good now it on :D

carltoncrazy
14-09-02, 10:44 AM
i think 5spokes jus look to common,personal,
get sumfing a bit different,
DONT BE A SHEEP

Matt Finary
14-09-02, 03:02 PM
Hayzsr are you saying to get some different like twin or single spoke!

Matt :P

ade
14-09-02, 04:59 PM
I got my MIM's from a m8's old car (correct Lurk75 :D ). Only cost my ?100 but needed one new tyree and a respray (nothing major though they used to be gold!)

I like 5 spokes and IMO 15's are a good size - specially if you have the correct ET setting - they will fit straight on. I had to get mine skimmed - theyre a little tight on the rear arch but ok.

5 spokes are common true but they suit the nova design and look mental when spinning - I deliberately drive past low windows and reflective panels just to catch a glimpse of them spinning really set the car off.

As for fuel caps - lol me and Ian sat on the bank at trax looking at a row of novaload novas all with the same novatech fuel cap - it was like a council estate where everyones got satellite dishes! I like them but everyones got them now. Its a "standard" mod

I got mine from halfords - ?19.99 - bolts over the existing cap and came with a big plastic immitation ring that sticks on the body arounfd the fuel cap with the allen key nuts in it - looked too big and gay so I took it off and just left the plastic cover over my existing cap - looks ok. I'm going to craft my own cap soon - make something different - thing is there isnt that much you can do - maybe flush it and colour code it?

Ade

Ben (lurk75)
14-09-02, 05:23 PM
i have seen a golf with a audi TT fuel cap this would look good on a nova if you wanna take on the work (a lot)