PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 to Sport Help fuel pump

nova_saloon
28-05-08, 10:10 PM
Hi, Ive got a sr nova and i want to put the twi 40's on it, just wondering about the fuel pump. when i saw the engine bay on a nova sport that had twin 40's on here it just had a fuel pump where it usually would be! so do you think i need a bigger fuel pump or different fuel pump?
Because my mate rallys nova's and hes got facet fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator and said i would probs need one, but the nova sport just looked like it had one still on the engine. Please help anyone! :confused:

paul james
28-05-08, 10:29 PM
The standard one will do the trick, I've got a FPR on mine too though.

novasportc550
28-05-08, 10:34 PM
Hi, Ive got a sr nova and i want to put the twi 40's on it, just wondering about the fuel pump. when i saw the engine bay on a nova sport that had twin 40's on here it just had a fuel pump where it usually would be! so do you think i need a bigger fuel pump or different fuel pump?
Because my mate rallys nova's and hes got facet fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator and said i would probs need one, but the nova sport just looked like it had one still on the engine. Please help anyone! :confused:

your standard fuel pump will be fine..:)
a nova sport just runs a stardard pump.:)

if you have work done to your engine, big valve head, cam etc, then you might consider a electric pump..:thumb:

novacabrio
28-05-08, 10:41 PM
My sport runs a standard pump aswell

Mike
28-05-08, 10:52 PM
Was going to say, they just run SR mechanical pumps anyway lol

Adam
28-05-08, 11:34 PM
But they also ran a restricted return line

Novasport
28-05-08, 11:37 PM
But they also ran a restricted return line

A little tube of metal hammered into the T piece!:roll:

Adam
28-05-08, 11:45 PM
Precisely,Lol

nova_saloon
29-05-08, 12:11 AM
Right so i dont need to do anything? but i was thinking of a port and polish, and a kent camshaft kit! So what would you recomend i do then? and if i need an electric pump which one would u exactly recomend, if you have one on urs? What one is it exactly? and dont want to sound stupid but what is a restricted return line? and will i need one?

paul james
29-05-08, 08:37 AM
Well the Sport had an optional uprated Cam, still used the 1.3 fuel pump though.

MC
29-05-08, 11:01 AM
Fact - The mechanical pump is fine regardless of what you do to the 1.3

The mechanical pump has succesfully run CP's, Jim's and my 1.6 8v's with no issues. Jims was up to 160bhp (more with C5 additive and extra advance) and he'll still use it for his next build.

The Mech pump runs at about 7psi, the carbs only need about 3psi, if anything you would want a simple regulator to drop the pressure.

The only senario where you would need to go electric would be to run a swirl pot if you were having issues with fuel starvation on track when at low levels. I would personally just install a smaller tank.

MC